How to Get a Villa Park Pet License
Pets are valued members of our homes and communities. In , it's important to comply with the local pet license requirements. Keeping your pet licensed helps keep all the pets in the area safe, especially if they get separated from their owner.
Unfortunately, getting a pet registered can be time-consuming and cumbersome. DoNotPay provides an easy solution to get all your pets registered in Villa Park and any other locations where you travel with your pets.
What are Different Ways to License a Pet in Villa Park?
If you own a pet in Villa Park, California you must follow the Orange County pet licensing requirements. OC Animal Care manages pet licensing for a number of Orange County cities, including Villa Park. A pet license is required for all dogs in Orange County over the age of four months, and the dog must be vaccinated against rabies. Cat licensing is optional.
To secure a pet license through OC Animal Care you can:
- Apply online
- For existing accounts, enter your pet license number and PersonID number or last name. If you've forgotten or lost your information, you will have to work with OC Animal Care to secure the relevant information.
- For new registrants, select "Start New Registration"
- Print an application and mail it to OC Animal Care Licensing Department at 1630 Victory Road, Tustin, CA 92782
- Print an application and hand-deliver it to the same address above
A license will be required for each dog and is recommended for cats as well. Additionally, you must file a Transfer of Ownership form if you have a new pet that you received from someone else.
How Much Does It Cost To License a Pet in Villa Park?
The pet license fees in Villa Park vary depending on the type of pet, age, and whether it is sterilized or unsterilized and lasts for 12 months. The relevant fees are:
|Standard License Fees|
|Puppy (4-6 Months)||$28|
|Senior-owned Spayed/Neutered Dog||$14|
|Cat - Spayed/Neutered or Unaltered||$9|
What if I Don't Register My Pet in Villa Park?
Pet registration provides several benefits to pet owners in Villa Park, including:
- Quicker return of pets founds and reported to OC Animal Care
- Attempted home return of a lost pet by OC Animal Care
- A longer period of time to claim a lost pet at a shelter
If you fail to register your pet, you won't receive the benefits above and might suffer monetary penalties, including:
- Late fee: $48 per dog
- Non-compliance: $112 fee assessed if a non-licensed dog is identified by an Animal Control Officer
- Collections fee: $58 when a past due license is sent to collections
Is There an Easier Way to Register My Pet?
If you want to save time registering your pet in Villa Park, use DoNotPay. DoNotPay has you covered in six easy steps:
- Go to the Pet Licenses product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the county or city you are looking to register your pet in.
- Tell us more about your pet, including the breed, gender, whether they are spayed/neutered, approximate age, and more.
- Upload evidence documents that prove that your pet has been spayed/neutered (if applicable) and a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate.
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
- Complete your application by paying the license processing fee, so we can file the application on your behalf.
Why Use DoNotPay To Handle Pet Registration
Pet registration is a task that can easily slip your mind and be difficult to execute, especially if you have multiple pets. DoNotPay takes the stress out of getting a pet license, enabling fast, easy, and successful pet registration. You won't have to spend time surfing through web pages for instructions and digging up your log-in information. With DoNotPay, you are working with a skilled partner focused on handling pet registration on your behalf.
DoNotPay Works Across All Cities and Counties With the Click of a Button
Once you have your pets , consider whether there are other cities or counties that you regularly visit with your pets. If so, consider registering your pets in that city or county as well to secure the benefits of pet registration.
DoNotPay can help you get your pets registered in all relevant cities and counties, including:
- Washington state and its biggest counties, King County and Pierce County
- Maricopa County
Be sure to check out all of DoNotPay's pet registration resources to make your life easier.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Handling pet registration is just one of many ways DoNotPay can make your life easier. Check out all of DoNotPay's services meant to streamline the tasks in our life, including:
- Appealing parking tickets
- Discovering and applying for scholarships
- Waiving college application fees
- Canceling services or subscriptions