How to Get a Pet License in Maricopa County
In most states, obtaining and renewing a is a legal requirement. In Maricopa County, Arizona, pet licenses are required for dogs ages three months or older. Cats, however, do not require a pet license. Pet licenses for Maricopa County ensure dogs have received their vaccinations, are spayed or neutered, and make it easier for lost pets to be returned to their owners.
However, getting a pet license isn't always simple. Locating the necessary application, determining the required fees, and understanding any prerequisites for pet license qualifications can be time-consuming. If your license isn't renewed on time, there can be penalties or late fees. Luckily, this process doesn't have to be a struggle. DoNotPay can help you file your pet license request quickly, providing you with all the information you need in one place.
What Are Different Ways to License a Pet in Maricopa County?
There are three different ways to obtain a pet license in Maricopa County: online, by mail, and in person. The process varies slightly if you are renewing a current license, or obtaining a new license for the first time. In order to obtain a new license, you must:
- Prove your dog has had its vaccinations
- Provide other basic information about your pet
- Pay the required fee
License applications must be made 15 days after your dog has been vaccinated each year, and new pet owners have 30 days to submit their applications.
How to Get a Pet License Online
Filing for online license renewal will get you a discount in Maricopa County. You will need to:
- Visit Maricopa County's animal care and control website and locate the correct page.
- Enter your current license number and account ID information.
- Fill out the forms.
- Pay the fee.
How to Get a Pet License by Mail
- Visit the Maricopa County official website and locate the pet license application form.
- Download and print the application. Fill it out with any required documentation, including a copy of your rabies vaccine receipt.
- Fill out a check and mail in your application.
How to Get a Pet License in Person
To obtain a pet license in person, you must visit one of the approved Maricopa County shelters or veterinary offices. You will need to prove your dog has had its required yearly vaccinations and pay the appropriate fee, as well as any accrued late fees.
How Much Does it Cost to License a Pet in Maricopa County?
The fees for licensing pets throughout Maricopa County vary depending on if your dog has been spayed or neutered or not, its age, and the time of year you apply. All pet licenses expire on December 31st, with payment for license renewal due by January 1st.
|Pet License Fee||Before April 30||Between May 1 - August 31||After September 1|
|Spayed or Neutered Dog||$6||$4||$2|
|Puppies (12 months or younger)||$6||$6||$6|
After March 31st, a late fee of $8.00 is applied to all licenses. While you can absolutely navigate these websites, paperwork, and fees by yourself, DoNotPay can speed up the process and quickly provide everything you need to apply for a pet license online today.
How to Quickly and Easily Get Your Pet License in Maricopa County
If you don't want to be charged a late fee and your time is running out, or if you need to license your pet for the first time and aren't sure what you need to do, DoNotPay is here to help. We provide the fastest and easiest way to submit your annual pet license application online in Maricopa County.
How to Save Time Registering Your Pet in Maricopa County using DoNotPay:
- Go to the Pet Licenses product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the county or city you are looking to register your pet in.
- Tell us more about your pet, including the breed, gender, whether they are spayed/neutered, approximate age, and more.
- Upload evidence documents that prove that your pet has been spayed/neutered (if applicable) and a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate.
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
- Complete your application by paying the license processing fee, so we can file the application on your behalf.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get Your Pet License?
DoNotPay is fast and easy to use. Here are some benefits of using for your next renewal or application:
- We help you navigate the entire pet licensing process
- Determine what fees you owe
- File your application
- Update you on your application progress
By using DoNotPay, you can be confident your license applications are filed on time and correctly. Get started on your solution today!