How To Get a Pet License in Minneapolis
Minneapolis pet license is a requirement of every pet owner in the city. These licenses can be purchased online, in person, or by mail, and they can be obtained from any one of the city's four animal care centers.
There are different license fees based on your pet type and age and different license requirements depending on where you live in the city.
Getting a license in Minneapolis can be tiring, considering the lengthy process you've to go through to apply for a license. But you don't have to go through the rough hassle. You can apply for the license at the comfort of your home through DoNotPay in just a few steps, as outlined at the near end of this blog post.
What Are the Different Ways to License a Pet in Minneapolis
Web-based registration is available for pet licensing through the Minneapolis Animal Care and Control website.
- Visit the site and click on "Online Licensing," and follow the prompts.
- You are free to buy a pet license online unless:
- Your pet has been declared dangerous or potentially dangerous.
- You need a multiple pet permit because you have more than four pets
- You have an outstanding fine.
- You can also license by mail by emailing the shelter at email@example.com and requesting an application form.
- Apart from registering online, you can visit the center and buy a pet license in person.
How Much Does It Cost to License a Pet in Minneapolis
The City of Minneapolis offers different licenses, depending on the type of your pet. The fees for cats, dogs, and Ferrets are as follows:
|SPAYED OR NEUTERED||NOT SPAYED OR NEUTERED|
|ONE YEAR LICENSE|
|Dogs and Cats||$30||$80|
|Dogs and Cats - People 65 or older discount||$15||$70|
|Dogs and Cats - Low-income discount (on assistance or income under $40,000 for a family of four)||$15||$70|
|Ferrets||$20||Does not apply|
|Dogs and Cats (microchip required)||$85||Does not apply|
|Dogs and Cats - People 65 or older discount||$45||Does not apply|
Reason to Register Your Pet in Minneapolis
Just like people, pets living in Minneapolis need a license for their health and safety. This is true even if your pet lives indoors or on a farm far from the city limits.
Licenses protect your pet by ensuring that they are vaccinated against rabies and other diseases. It also helps Animal Control find your pet if it ever gets lost. A pet license is also required by many places like kennels.
Documents Needed to Register a P et in Minneapolis
All pets living within the city limits of Minneapolis must have a pet license. The city requires that all dogs, cats, and ferrets in its jurisdiction be licensed by four months old.
Before you apply for a pet license:
- Ensure your pet is up to date with its rabies vaccine.
- If you have unpaid fines, you must pay them.
You will need to upload some of these documents:
- Photo of your pet
- Vaccination Record
- Documentation of the pet being spayed or neutered
- Letter from a veterinarian verifying rabies vaccine.
Where Do I Go to Get My Pet License
You can get your license from the Minneapolis Animal Care and Control (MACC). Its building is located at 212 17th Ave. N.
The service hours are 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 7:30 a.m.to 3 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. The center is closed during the city holidays.
It is important to note that you will need an appointment to get help on Monday through Friday. So please call to make an appointment.
The process is typically long, especially if you're not using an app like DoNotPay to help you. You will not only need to apply for an appointment, but you'll need to fill out forms and wait for responses.
How Can Do Not Pay Help You With Pet Licensing?
If you want to apply for pet licensing in Minneapolis, you can simply visit DoNotPay and request a ticket to register your pet. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Go to the Pet Licenses product on DoNotPay.
2. Enter "Minneapolis" as the city you are looking to register your pet in.
3. Tell us more about your pet, including the breed, gender, whether they are spayed/neutered, approximate age, and more.
4. Upload evidence documents that prove that your pet has been spayed/neutered (if applicable) and a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate.
5. Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
6. Complete your application by paying the license processing fee, so we can file the application on your behalf.
Animal licensing is an important part of responsible pet ownership. It gives your pet the best chance of being identified and returned home if it becomes lost or hurt.
Unlicensed pets are impounded by Animal Care and Control every day. To help keep more animals in their homes, be sure to get your dog or cat licensed. Your animal will need to be licensed within 30 days of moving into the city.
Be a responsible pet owner and get your pet licensed today.
Apply for a Pet License
If you would like a more easy, convenient way to obtain a pet license in Minneapolis, contact DoNotPay today. We will not only make the process successful, but we will make it faster and more efficient, saving you the hassle. Get your pet a license today with just a click of a button.
DoNotPay Can Help You License Your Pets Anywhere
DoNotPay's Pet Licensing service works for just about anywhere. Here are just a few of the places where we can help you get your pet licensed:
- King County
- LA County
- Pierce County
- Orange County
- Maricopa County