How To Get a Los Angeles (LA) County Pet License
Owning a pet comes with a lot of responsibility, and one of the important tasks you need to complete is getting a pet license. It is important that your pet is registered with the county you live in, and is no exception to having a pet license.
Rather than worrying about the pet license yourself, reach out to DoNotPay, and we can handle the process for you. This way, you can pay extra attention to your new furry friend and not have to worry about paperwork.
What Are the Different Ways To Get Your LA County Pet License?
There are four ways to You can pay by mail, online, in person, or by phone.
Registering by mail
If you wish to register your pet by mail, follow these directions.
- Print out this form and fill it out.
- Your pet must have a current rabies vaccination certificate. If you are renewing your pet license, make sure the rabies vaccination certificate is still valid. If not, you will need to provide a new one.
- Mail the form along with a check, proof of rabies vaccine, proof of spay/neuter (to get the lower rate), and proof of age (if trying to get the senior rate) to the following address:
County of Los Angeles Animal Care & Control Enforcement Services Bureau Attention: Pet License Application 12440 East Imperial Highway, Suite 603 Norwalk, CA 90650
Follow these steps if you wish to register online and don't have additional paperwork to fill out.
- Go to this website and make an account/sign in if you already have an account.
- Follow the steps to complete your registration. You will have the chance to upload your rabies certificate.
- You can use most major credit cards to pay the registration fee.
Pay in person
Follow these steps to pay in person.
- Head to your local animal care center.
- Fill out the paperwork and make your payment.
Pay by phone
- Call this number: (877) 872-9738
- Give the person any information they ask for.
- You may still have to mail in certain paperwork.
How Much Does it Cost to License a Pet in LA County?
All cats and dogs are required to be spayed /neutered in LA County with a few exceptions.
For a one-year pet license, here is the cost breakdown:
- Spayed/neutered animal: $20
- Senior applying for pet license: $10
- Replacement tag: $5
Documents Needed to Register Your Pet in LA County
When you go to register your pet in LA County, you will need the following documents:
- The registration paperwork
- Proof of spay/neuter if paying the lower price
- Proof of age if wanting to use senior discount
- Rabies certificate
Can My Pet License Be Revoked?
Generally speaking, the only way your pet license can be revoked is through a formal hearing. However, if, for some reason, you do lose your pet license, you will need to re-register your pet to get a new license.
Registering your pet on your own can be a time-consuming and frustrating experience. You have to fill out a bunch of paperwork and use up your free time to complete the process. Instead, you should reach out to DoNotPay and let them handle all of it for you. DoNotPay can even help you re-register your pet if you lose your pet license.
How to Save Time Registering Your Pet in LA County using DoNotPay
If you want to save time registering your pet in LA County using DoNotPay and you don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered 6 easy steps:
- Go to the Pet Licenses product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the county or city you are looking to register your pet in.
- Tell us more about your pet, including the breed, gender, whether they are spayed/neutered, approximate age, and more.
- Upload evidence documents that prove that your pet has been spayed/neutered (if applicable) and a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate.
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
- Complete your application by paying the license processing fee, so we can file the application on your behalf.
Save yourself some time and frustration, and let DoNotPay handle your pet registration.
Why Use DoNotPay To Get Your LA County Pet License
There are many reasons why you should use DoNotPay to get your LA county pet license, but here are the top three.
|You don't have to spend a bunch of time figuring out the application and sending it in.
|All you do is give DoNotPay some information, and you are good to go.
|You can rest assured that DoNotPay is handling your pet licensing needs.
DoNotPay works across all companies/entities/groups with the click of a button
Pet licenses aren't the only thing that DoNotPay does. We can handle a lot of different tasks and can work with many companies/entities. Here are some examples of other services we can offer to you.
- Cancel subscriptions
- Handle HOA fees
- Pay utility bills
- Appeal banned accounts
- Help you discover and apply for scholarships
- Appeal a parking ticket
Getting your pet registered is an important part of owning that pet. The process can be a bit long and frustrating, but DoNotPay can make it easier.
Reach out to DoNotPay today to see how we can make the experience of registering your pet better.