How To Regain Access To Your Hacked USAA Bank Account
Unfortunately, cyberattacks on banks happen all too frequently. The good news is that most banks are well protected against hackers. For that reason, the threat of a cyber attack should not keep you from opting for the services that such financial institutions offer.
However, if your , there is a way to regain control of it. Also, DoNotPay can help you recover your account faster and easier.
Signs Your USAA Bank Account Has Been Hacked
Here are some of the tell-tale signs that your USAA bank account has been hacked.
- Your account is empty, or your card is frozen by your bank, resulting in denied transactions.
- Suspicious activities on your account may signify that a hacker has infiltrated your account. As such, you should check transactions made in locations you have not been to.
- In extreme situations, you may find that your account has been emptied or closed altogether.
- You may also notice small yet unfamiliar purchases when your USAA bank account is hacked. Often, thieves will do so to test if your card will work before making larger purchases.
- Your bank may call you to notify you of a breach if your USAA bank account is hacked. When that happens, avoid sharing your personal information with the caller.
- Your account blocks you from logging in. That happens if a hacker accesses your account from an unfamiliar location or tries your password too many times.
Steps to Take If Your USAA Bank Account Gets Hacked
You should take a few important steps if you believe that your USAA bank account has been hacked, and here are the details.
- View and Verify Your Account's Activity
The first thing you should do is review your account's activity to ascertain if there are fraudulent charges. Note that some legitimate transactions may appear fraudulent if the company does business under a different name.
- Call Your Bank
The next step is calling your bank to report fraud once you confirm your account has been hacked. Doing so can help you resolve the issue, and your funds may be returned to your account.
- Freeze Your Account
If possible, you can freeze your bank account on the app, online, or by speaking with customer service.
- Change Your Passwords and Pins
Changing the passwords to your email, online banking account, and other online accounts is advisable. Also, try avoiding using the same password. You should also change your bank account pin to something secure and entirely different.
- Check Your Credit History
If your bank account is hacked, the hacker may have tried to open a credit card in your name. In that case, you should speak to your bank to find out if they can check your credit history for free.
- File A Police Report
The final step is filing a police report. Getting information on who hacked your USAA account is highly unlikely. However, reports from multiple victims can increase the chances of identifying the person responsible.
Actions to Take if You Disagree With Your Bank’s Fraud Resolution
In most cases, you are not expected to bear liability for funds lost due to fraud and hacking. However, if you disagree with your bank's fraud resolution, you can consider taking the following actions.
- Filing a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- Keep a record of all communications with your bank.
- Escalating your case to a supervisor or manager.
- Directly engaging the fraud department.
- Taking legal action if all the above options fail.
Using DoNotPay to Recover Your USAA Bank Account
DoNotPay can help you recover your bank account through the following simple steps.
- Open the Recover Hacked Account product on DoNotPay and tell us the name of the company or platform of your hacked account.
- Enter the information associated with your account, such as your username.
- Tell us whether you have paid for the account and would like a refund.
- And that’s it! We will send a demand letter on your behalf with a two-week deadline for the company’s representatives to help you recover your account.
DoNotPay can also help you with the following:
Why Should You Use DoNotPay to Recover Your USAA Bank Account?
- Easy – You do not need to keep track of all the steps involved in recovering your account when using DoNotPay. Also, filling out tedious forms is unnecessary in this case.
- Successful – The assistance you access when using DoNotPay to recover your account promotes success.
- Fast – You will save much time by opting to use DoNotPay.
What Else Can You Achieve Using DoNotPay?
- Allows you to file a complaint against anything
- Helps you in appealing a banned account
- Allows you to cancel any subscription or service
- Helps you to sue anyone in small claims court
- Takes care of copyright protection issues
Taking immediate action when your is not an option because any delays can cause more damage than you can imagine. Also, if you need help recovering your gaming account, consider signing up with DoNotPay today!