How to Take Advantage of the Travelocity Price Guarantee Policy
Expedia Group's online travel agency is one of the most popular online travel agencies in the world. It was designed to make it "easy" to find the lowest prices on hotels, rental cars, cruises, and entertainment. In fact, it is so confident in its low prices, that it offers a Travelocity price guarantee.
The goal of this comprehensive guide is to advise you on how you can take advantage of the Travelocity price guarantee on your own. Then, we're going to give you the lowdown on how you can use DoNotPay to do just about anything.
Does Travelocity Have a Price Guarantee?
Yes. has a price guarantee.
|Time-frame||Within 24 hours of booking|
|Price Matches||any U.S.-based website, including Travelocity.com|
|Exclusions||lower prices found on foreign websites|
|Where to redeem||at Travelocity.com|
How to Request Your Travelocity Price Guarantee
Before you can take advantage of the Travelocity price guarantee, you have to take a short survey, answering some questions that will help the company determine whether you qualify. Among the questions you have to answer are:
- Did you find a lower price on a webpage that was in English?
- Did the website advertising the lower price list the price in U.S. currency?
- What is your itinerary number?
If you qualify, you will be refunded the difference in prices, and you will be given a $50 coupon to reduce the price of your next trip. With that being said, your future trip has to be at least $100 before fees and taxes. Here are the exact steps you will need to take to take advantage of the Travelocity price guarantee:
- Verify that you qualify for a partial refund and future coupon
- Reach out to customer service via phone or online chat (not email)
- Send screenshots of the lower price you found
- These screenshots must indicate that the comparison is "apples to apples" - this means your deal must be for the same type of hotel room, the same vehicle class from the same rental car company on the same day from the same location, or the same cabin class on the same flight from the same airline
- Provide your itinerary number again
What Exceptions Should I Be Aware of?
You should take particular care if you are trying to take advantage of the price guarantee for a hotel room or cruise. In addition to applying for your price change within 24 hours of booking, you need to keep in mind that only the cost of the cruise qualifies. Costs that are not eligible for the price guarantee include the:
- Cruise Protection Plan
- Onboard amenities
- Shipboard credits
Similarly, you should be aware that you must claim your at least 48 hours before you are scheduled to check into the hotel. In other words, unless you book your hotel through Travelocity one to three days before your trip, this guarantee is worthless, and you may benefit from a better way to save on hotels, such as finding the best deals using DoNotPay.
Use DoNotPay to Take Advantage of Travelocity's Price Guarantee
Travelocity can help you wander wisely if you can navigate their not-so-simple refund process. Alternatively, you can use DoNotPay to get the best deals on hotels, entertainment, rental cars, and more in just three quick and easy steps.
- Search for Price Match on DoNotPay and select the product.
- Select whether you were charged more than the advertised price or if you believe you are eligible for a price match.
- Provide the name of the product you purchased so we can see if it qualifies for a price adjustment. If you believe your desired item is qualified for a price match, we'll double-check for you.
It's important to understand that it is not just the Travelocity price guarantee you can take advantage of with DoNotPay. For instance, you can use DoNotPay to pay a reduced rate when buying clothes at:
You can also turn to DoNotPay if you want to save money on electronics and home improvements when shopping at such brick-and-mortar and online retailers as:
Also, you should be aware that DoNotPay is the perfect resource if you have questions about price matching and price adjusting policies, like does Amazon price match and what stores price match.
What Else Can I Use DoNotPay for?
Travelocity doesn't have the most intuitive deal-finding website ever. With that being said, you can use DoNotPay to find the best deals on hotels, airline tickets, and other purchases. Using DoNotPay's Find the Best Deals product, you can find the three lowest prices for whatever you want to purchase.
Also, DoNotPay's Deals and Coupons product can help you save even more money on your vacations. If you want to book your vacation through Travelocity, you can use DoNotPay to find coupons redeemable on Travelocity's website.