Do You Need Your Solano County Pet License? Register Online Today!
If you're a new dog owner, or you and your pet recently moved to beautiful Solano County, congratulations! But there is something you should know: If you have a dog older than four months in Solano County, you're required by local and state laws to get a Solano County pet license and keep it current. Licensing can also help you reunite with your dog faster if they become lost.
Solano County offers a variety of options to get yourpet licensed, and DoNotPay can make it easier for you to get it done from home. You won't even have to make your pet get off your lap!
How Much Does It Cost to License a Pet in Solano County?
The following are the fees for registering dogs in unincorporated areas and smaller towns in Solano County. If you live within the urban boundaries of Benicia or Vacaville, you can expect to pay about 30% more per license. Be sure to check with your city before ordering!
Here are Solano County's dog licensing fees:
|Pet License Type||1 Year Fee||2 Year Fee||3 Year Fee|
|Unaltered Dog License||$40.00||$76.00||$113.00|
|Spayed/Neutered Dog License||$20.00||$36.00||$53.00|
|Spayed/Neutered Dog for Owner Aged 65+||$10.00||$16.00||$23.00|
|Late Fee (after 30 days)||$25.00|
|Replacement Tag Fee||$17.00|
|The fee to Transfer a License||$21.00|
How to Avoid Late Fees
If your license renewal is overdue by more than 30 days, you'll be charged a late fee when re-registering your pet. Here are a few tips for avoiding late fees:
- Schedule your dog's annual rabies vaccination in advance so that your appointment is two to four weeks before your license renewal is due. This will help remind you to send in your renewal documents.
- Pay for multiple years in advance.
- If possible, schedule your dog's annual exam and vaccinations on or around their adoption date to make it easier to remember.
- If you are already close to the renewal date, use DoNotPay for immediate registration.
What Documents Do You Need to Register Your Dog in Solano County?
Licensing your dog is a means of proving your pet is updated on essential vaccines, and you'll also receive discounts for taking steps to reduce the number of unwanted dogs in shelters and on the street. To those ends, you'll be required to provide the following:
- Recent rabies vaccination certificate
- Spay/neuter documentation
- Proof of owner's age to obtain senior discounts
Be sure to submit clear photocopies of each document, as they'll be kept on record by the county or city and won't be returned to you.
How to License Your Pet in Solano County
The first thing you must do when licensing your pet is to make sure their vaccination records are current. Most animal adoption agencies require all pets to be fully vaccinated before adoption, but if you're not certain of the dog's vaccination or spay/neuter status, you need to schedule a veterinary appointment right away. According to California and Solano County laws, you must license your pet within 30 days of obtaining it.
Here's how you can submit your paperwork and order your Solano County pet license:
Licensing by Mail
- Download, print, and fill out this application.
- Refer to the fee schedule at the bottom of the application to determine your costs.
- Include a check or money order for your total fees.
- Mail the application and all necessary documents to the following address:: Solano County Dog Licensing C/O PetData PO Box 141929 Irving, TX 75014-1929
The portal for setting up an account, submitting your documents, and paying your fees is here. This third-party processing company accepts the following credit cards:
- American Express
There is a $2.00 processing fee for each transaction.
Registering Your Pet in Person
Solano County has set up its registration procedures to discourage walk-in registration. While you can drop off your application at several locations around the county, Solano County Animal Care is the only location where you can pay for your fees on-site:
2510 Clay Bank Road
Fairfield, CA 94533
How to Save Time Registering Your Pet in Solano County using DoNotPay
If you want to save time or don't know how to start registering your pet in Solano County, DoNotPay has you covered with 6 easy steps:
- Go to the Pet Licenses product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the county or city you are looking to register your pet in.
- Tell us more about your pet, including the breed, gender, whether they are spayed/neutered, approximate age, and more.
- Upload evidence documents that prove that your pet has been spayed/neutered (if applicable) and a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate.
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
- Complete your application by paying the license processing fee, so we can apply on your behalf.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do For You?
Are you moving to one of these areas, or do you have a friend there who needs help registering their pet? DoNoPay offers pet registration in these municipal and county jurisdictions:
- King County
- Los Angeles County
- Pierce County
- Orange County
- Maricopa County
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Houston, Texas
- Washington State
What Can DoNotPay Do for You that Solano County's Third-Party Dog
Licensing Processor Can't?
DoNotPay works like a "robot lawyer" or virtual personal assistant, using AI to help consumers submit applications, gain access to benefits and anything in between. Here are just a few examples of DoNotPay's services:
- Fight parking tickets
- Cancel memberships and credit cards
- Waive college fees
- Find and apply for scholarships
Why Not Start Using DoNotPay Today?
Registering your pet with Solano County and its municipalities is a great way to give us a try. We're the best online registration tool for a variety of reasons:
- Fast --You register your pet immediately, with just a few steps!
- Easy --No need to show up in person, mail in your application, or sign up with a one-time-use third-party processor.
- Successful --We'll get your registration processed successfully by helping you double-check your information.
- Versatile -- We can help you navigate other day-to-day (and once-in-a-lifetime) issues!
Are you ready to get DoNotPay on your side? Unleash the possibilities, beginning with your Solano County pet license!