Everything You Need to Get a Pet License in Snohomish County, WA
Our favorite four-legged companions need more than just food, love, and a safe place to live. In almost every state, they also legally need a pet license issued in your county. This ensures all animals are properly vaccinated and helps reunite lost pets with their families. is relatively easy, but if you don't renew that license annually you could face expensive fines, or worse--losing your beloved pet.
Dodge the headache of handling pet license registrations and renewals by streamlining the process with the help of DoNotPay's Pet Licensing service. When you provide DoNotPay with information about your pet, we'll file your application, process your payment, and update you with confirmation, so you can avoid late fees and spend more time bonding with your furry friend.
Why Does Snohomish County Require Pet Licenses?
Snohomish County in Washington, like most municipalities, requires pet licenses for many important reasons.
- It supports your community: Pet license fees benefit your community in multiple ways, including supporting local rescue shelters, facilitating pet adoption programs, and providing public education services.
- It reunites lost pets with owners: Your contact information is saved directly to your pet's tag number. If you're ever unexpectedly separated, that licensed tag on your pet's collar provides rescuers with identification that will lead them straight back to you.
- It ensures vaccinations are up-to-date: In the state of Washington, all dogs and cats are required to have up-to-date rabies vaccines. Pet licensing services keep track of this and other core vaccines, keeping everyone safer by stopping the spread of disease.
What's the Best Way to Register or Renew My Pet License?
Whether you're ready to register a new pet you've just adopted, or you need to renew your current pet's tag, there are multiple ways to contact Snohomish County regarding your pet license. The best way to quickly and easily handle your pet registration is with the help of DoNotPay's Pet License application.
In case you prefer to manually apply for your pet license, here are three ways to complete the pet registration process yourself:
How to License Online
- If you don't already have one, you'll need to register a profile online with Snohomish County Animal Services.
- Setting up your new online pet license account for the first time will require details about your animal, including microchip number, spay/neuter status, and the name of your veterinarian.
- Payment options for registration and renewal fees are limited to Visa and MasterCard only.
How to License by Mail
You can choose to send a paper copy of your pet license application through the mail.
- First, you'll need to print out the application form, fill out all the necessary information, and be sure to include the correct fee.
- Payment methods accepted by mail include personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders.
- Affix postage to your envelope and mail the application to the following address:
- Snohomish County Auditor Animal Services Division 3000 Rockefeller Ave. M/S 306 Everett, WA 98201-4046
How to License in Person
If you prefer to take care of your pet licensing business in person in Snohomish County, the one license location you can go to is in Everett, Washington.
- Make sure you come prepared with the correct information to ensure your registration goes smoothly.
- You'll need to visit:
- Snohomish County Animal Services 3000 Rockefeller Avenue Everett, Wa 98201 1st Floor of the Admin West Building
- Business hours are 9 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday
- Payments in person can be made with cash, credit card, or check.
How Much are Pet License Fees in Snohomish County?
The license fee you pay for your pet registration in Snohomish County, Washington, will vary depending on your dog or cat's "pet characteristics." With proper documentation, you might pay significantly less in registration fees if your animal is spayed/neutered, and microchipped.
Here's the basic breakdown of fees, based on fee amounts in Edmonds, WA:
|Pet License Fees|
|Unaltered Dog License||$40.00|
|Spayed/Neutered Dog License||$15.00|
|License for pet owners aged 65+ with spayed/neutered dog||$5.00|
|Non-Resident Dog License||$10.00|
|Late Fee for Unaltered Dog||$18.00 after March 1st|
|Late Fee for Spayed/Neutered Dog||$10.00 after March 1st|
|Replacement Tag Fee||$4.00 at time of renewal|
|Specialty License Fees (available in person or by mail only)|
|Young Dog Under 6 Months||$5.00|
|License for pet owners aged 65+ with a young dog under 6 months of age||$5.00 ($2 rebate at the time of license renewal)|
|Cat (voluntary license fee)||$5.00 for a lifetime license|
DoNotPay can also help you save on pet licensing fees by making sure you know about extra savings like the Senior Discount, a reduced rate for pet owners 65 years of age or older. (Un-altered pets are ineligible for this discount.) must be renewed annually, and DoNotPay's automated service assures you'll never miss your renewal deadline.
How to Save Time by Using DoNotPay to Register Your Pet in Snohomish County
DoNotPay takes the hassle out of tedious tasks like remembering to pay for your pet license renewal. If you want to save time and avoid fees by registering your cat or dog in Snohomish County using DoNotPay, we've got you covered with these easy steps:
1. Go to the Pet Licenses product on DoNotPay.
2. Enter the county or city you are looking to register your pet in.
3. Tell us more about your pet, including the breed, gender, whether they are spayed/neutered, approximate age, and more.
4. Upload evidence documents that prove that your pet has been spayed/neutered (if applicable) and a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate.
5. Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
6. Complete your application by paying the license processing fee, so we can apply on your behalf.
Can DoNotPay Help Me with Other Tasks?
Yes! DoNotPay knows your time is precious, which is why we've compiled a huge database of services that help you streamline and automate all kinds of tasks. The truth is, DoNotPay can help you tackle and resolve a large variety of issues with just a few easy button clicks. Think of DoNotPay as a hub for solving nearly any problem you can think of:
- How To Get Your Online Accounts Unbanned
- How to Appeal Parking Tickets in Any City
- How to Cancel Any Service or Subscription
- How to Waive College Application Fees
- How to Discover and Apply for Scholarships
Why Should I Use DoNotPay?
When you trust DoNotPay to go to bat for you--whether it's registering your pet license, paying your bills online, or understanding a tricky legal snafu--you can rest assured knowing every detail will be handled with care and efficiency. You'll never have to stress out about late fees, fines, or penalties for missing another deadline ever again. Peace of mind has never been so easy!