Protect Your Pet With a San Juan Capistrano Pet License
When you welcome a new pet into your home, there is a lot to keep track of. From choosing the right food to getting a San Juan Capistrano pet license, you want to be sure that your furry friend has the best of everything. Although getting a pet license may seem like a secondary consideration, it is actually one of the most important aspects of pet ownership. There are several reasons you should get a license for your pet, including:
- Proof of ownership if your pet escapes and is returned to a shelter.
- Accessible vaccination status for boarding, pet sitting, doggy daycare, dog parks, and other services.
- Support investigations into charges of neglect, cruelty, and animal bites, to keep local pets safe and healthy.
- It's the Law in Orange County for owners to obtain licenses for certain animals.
Pet licensing in San Juan Capistrano can be complicated, which is why many people turn to DoNotPay to help them streamline the process.
How Do I License My Pet in San Juan Capistrano?
The Orange County Code of Ordinances governs pet licensing for San Juan Capistrano and the surrounding area. Note that Orange County pet registration requirements are different from neighboring Los Angeles County.
Licensing requirements for pets in Orange County vary depending on the type of pet. Cat licensing, for example, is optional, while dogs aged 4 months and older must be registered with the county within 15 days. Wild, exotic, dangerous, and nondomestic animals have separate regulations. To obtain a pet license in San Juan Capistrano, you must fill out an application and present documentation verifying the pet's status. Follow these steps to complete the licensing process on your own:
- Fill out an Online Pet Licensing Form or print and fill out a physical application form.
- Pay the pet license fee, as indicated in the table below.
- Include proof of rabies vaccination and any other applicable documentation.
- If mailing your application, send the completed form and applicable documentation to: OC Animal Care, Licensing Department 1630 Victory Road Tustin, CA 92782
How Much Does It Cost to License a Pet in San Juan Capistrano?
There are a variety of costs associated with getting a pet in San Juan Capistrano, including:
- Adoption Fees: Adoption fees typically include the cost of standard vaccinations, sterilization, and medical care. Adoption fees in San Juan Capistrano range between $100 to $225 for dogs and $100 to $175 for cats.
- Spaying and Neutering: Low-cost spay and neuter clinics offer spay and neuter services from $90 to $170 for cats and $125 to $175 for small dogs. Prices increase for larger animals.
- Vaccinations and Treatments: Several organizations in Orange County offer free or low-cost vaccinations for your pets with vaccines from $7 to $25, as well as preventatives for worms, fleas, mites, and ticks for $15 to $55.
- Check-Ups and Testing: A standard vet visit for a new pet in San Juan Capistrano is about $90 to $200 for cats and $200-400 for dogs.
San Juan Capistrano Licensing Fees
The licensing fees for pets in San Juan Capistrano can vary, depending on your pet's age and sterilization. Below is a schedule of the current licensing fees for San Juan Capistrano:
|Puppy - for dogs 4-6 months old||12||$28|
|Unsterilized dog (senior owner 60 years and up)||12||$159|
|Sterilized dogs (Senior owner 60 years and up, Multiple discounts allowed per household for altered dogs. More than three must apply for an animal permit if allowed in their jurisdiction)||12||$14|
|Late fee - per dog||$48|
|Collections fee (This fee cannot be waived. This fee is assessed when a customer's past-due license is sent to TTC for collections.)||$58|
|Non-compliance (This fee is assessed when an Animal Control Officer cites a customer for non-compliance of licensing after an account is sent to TTC for collections)||$112|
Save Time By Registering Your Pet Through DoNotPay
Simplify the process by registering your pet in San Juan Capistrano using DoNotPay. We have you covered in six easy steps:
- Go to the Pet Licenses product on DoNotPay.
- Enter San Juan Capistrano for the location.
- Provide details about your pet, including breed, gender, age, etc.
- Upload documents to prove vaccination and sterilization status.
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
- Pay the license processing fee, so we can apply on your behalf.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get Your San Juan Capistrano Pet License
When you partner with DoNotPay, you enjoy hassle-free pet licensing, so you can get back to enjoying time with your new pet. We strive to make our services:
- Fast. You don't have to spend hours figuring out fees and compiling documents.
- Easy. You don't have to struggle to complete tedious forms or track the licensing process.
- Successful. You can rest assured that your pet will be licensed and registered properly in San Juan Capistrano.
Most cities, counties, and states require pet licensing in some form or another, from Houston, Texas to Minneapolis, Minnesota. Washington has statewide licensing requirements that are modified with more stringent regulations by King County and other individual municipalities. All of Arizona's Maricopa County is also covered under one pet licensing code, with local modifications depending on the city. Omaha, Pierce County, and California all require having your pet licensed. Fortunately, DoNotPay offers assistance with pet licensing in virtually every jurisdiction, and we can register a trademark as easily as we register your pet license. We offer a variety of tools to help with everything from licensing to birth certificate requests and consumer complaints. No matter what challenges you face, DoNotPay will help you cut through the confusion and get it done.