How to Get a Pet License in Sacramento: DoNotPay is Your Solution
Obtaining a pet license for your dog (or other pet) is required by law in most states, but it's also a convenient thing to have. If your dog is ever lost, you can be sure they will be returned home quickly by animal control when they have a license.
In California, pet licenses are required by law, so those of you in Sacramento need one now if your puppy is more than four months old. Getting a license can often be a protracted experience, though, not only in Sacramento but also in L.A. County and Orange County.
With DoNotPay on your side, obtaining a in Sacramento has never been so easy.
What Are Different Ways to License a Pet in Sacramento?
Licensing your pet means more than just putting your phone number on a tag on their collar. It means having your and your pet's information on file with the local authorities, including information about their vaccinations.
To get an official , you need to register your pet with the county. Many people go through the local county service center in person, but you can also go through these sources:
- Your nearest animal shelter. They can handle the licensing for you and take all forms of payment.
- Going online to your county service center to get it done through online forms.
- Through the mail. It's possible to mail a check and the relevant documents to Sacramento County Animal Care and Regulation.
- Any local veterinarian's office.
How Much Does it Cost to License a Pet in Sacramento?
Prepare to pay these fees when you obtain your pet license directly from Sacramento County:
|License Type||1 Year||2 Year||3 Year|
|Spayed/Neutered Pet for Owner Aged 62+||$10||$15||$25|
Reasons to Register Your Pet in Sacramento
According to Sacramento's city code ordinance, obtaining a license authorizes you to own, harbor, and keep a dog or cat within the city limits of Sacramento. Not getting a pet license could mean subjecting yourself to major fines from the city.
In recent years, there have been reports that the city of Sacramento was cracking down on those who don't license their pets and imposing fines of $300. Getting a pet license will not only help you keep your pet safe if it gets lost, but it could save you a hefty legal fine as well.
Documents Needed to Register Your Pet in Sacramento
Be sure to have these documents with you when licensing your pet in-person, by mail, or online:
- A photocopy of your pet's current rabies vaccination certificate
- Documented proof that your pet was spayed and neutered
- Proof that you live within the city limits of Sacramento, e.g. a driver's license with your address
How Can I Renew or Replace My Pet License in Sacramento?
Many pet owners choose to renew on an annual basis to save money on their license upfront. A license will expire on the anniversary date of your pet's rabies vaccination. Renewing your license will require updated proof of vaccination, as well as the accompanying fee.
Once you renew your pet license, you won't receive a new licensing tag. If you need another tag, it will cost you a nominal tag replacement fee.
How Long Does My Pet License Last in Sacramento?
You can get a pet license for either one year, two years, or three years, as long as your pet's rabies vaccination is good for that long. For example, if there is only one year left on their rabies vaccination, you will only be eligible to get a one-year license.
You may be eligible for a free year of pet licensing if you participate in Lifeline (AT&T), PG&E and SMUD Assistance Programs, or the City Utility Rate Assistance Program.
Can My Pet License Be Revoked?
You'll have to go through a formal hearing if your pet license is ever in jeopardy of being revoked. The city of Sacramento can't revoke your license without a hearing.
If your license is revoked, you will need to re-apply for a new pet license.
How to Save Time Registering Your Pet in Sacramento Using DoNotPay
If you want to save time registering or renewing your pet license in Sacramento and don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in six easy steps:
- Go to the Pet Licenses product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the county or city you are looking to register your pet in.
- Tell us more about your pet, including the breed, gender, whether they are spayed/neutered, approximate age, and more.
- Upload evidence documents that prove that your pet has been spayed/neutered (if applicable) and a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate.
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
- Complete your application by paying the license processing fee, so we can apply on your behalf.
Why Use DoNotPay to Obtain Your Pet License in Sacramento?
There are three main reasons DoNotPay is a pet owner's go-to source for all their pet licensing needs:
- It's fast! No more having to visit websites or visit local shelters to get your pet license set up.
- It's easy! Forget about filling out online forms. We do everything for you.
- It's successful! Millions of people continue to use our app to quickly obtain their pet licenses. We guarantee the same results for you.
DoNotPay Works with Many Other Companies at the Click of a Button
Our app can do so much more than just get a pet license. We can help you register trademarks as easily as we can help you fight a traffic ticket.
We can also help with registering your pet in states other than California. We can get your pet licensed in places across the country, including Omaha, Pierce County, and King County in Washington State, Maricopa County, Arizona, Minneapolis, and Houston.
Our AI service is built to help you with any legal matter. You can rely on DoNotPay to advocate on your behalf, slice through bureaucratic red tape, and get you quick and successful results, every time.