How to Cancel Your Robinhood Order Fast
Robinhood allows customers to engage in self-directed securities trading. When you change your mind about the transaction, you can submit a Robinhood cancel order request. In some cases, you might not find out important information about a stock until after you place the order. However, as you might imagine, there are several rules in place that seek to limit this activity. If you are new to investing in stocks, it’s understandable that you might not be as experienced. In any case that you changed your mind on an investment and you wish to cancel, DoNotPay can make the process easier for you.
DoNotPay can also assist in canceling any of the following:
- Etsy order
- Walmart order
- Cash App payment
- PayPal payment
- Venmo payment
- Zelle payment
- Order from eBay
- Southwest reservation
- United Airlines reservation
Cancel an Order With Robinhood While It Is Still Pending
Timing is of the essence in dealing with Robinhood. Executing the Robinhood cancel order option is possible when it is still pending. Because it is not executed yet, you have to act quickly. The company warns that once a Robinhood cancel queued order request is received, you will lose the benefit you could have received upon execution. Similarly, when the order was executed, it cannot be reversed.
How to Cancel a Limit Order on Robinhood?
Login into the app. You need to navigate to your dashboard.
- Select the "investing" tab.
- Scroll to the stock's "detail" page. Once there, you will find a function that reads "pending orders."
- Click on this notice and select the order that you want to cancel.
- A red "cancel order" button appears. Click on it.
Taking these steps, you can cancel Robinhood order products that have not yet gone through. There is a second way for you to cancel a limit order.
- Click on the "Account" icon that is on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. Another set of options appears.
- Select the "History" option. A list of orders will come up.
- Click on the red "Cancel Order" button.
What Happens if I Cancel an Order on Robinhood?
It can get confusing when you try to figure out if the order was canceled properly or not. It depends largely on when you submitted the cancel request. If it is during regular hours, it depends if the stock is listed on the NASDAQ. However, if it happens after hours, the company will keep the order open. What happens when you cancel an order on Robinhood before 9:25 a.m. Eastern Time? In this case, it is a guarantee that it will not be executed. Some customers try to avoid any possibility of submitting a cancel request late by setting a clock to the Eastern time zone.
How to Cancel Pending Orders on Robinhood by Defunding Your Account
Can you cancel an order on Robinhood without jumping through these hoops? It is possible to do so by canceling a pending deposit. Without money in your account, it would not be possible to fund the trades. Because this step involves Robinhood as well as your bank, you need to know the timeframes your financial institution uses to honor outstanding transfer requests. Once again, log into your account.
- Click on the "Account" icon we identified previously.
- Select "Statements."
- Tap on any pending deposit that you want to cancel.
- Click on "cancel transfer."
Now, the money will not go to your account. Therefore, any buy order will not go through, either. However, if you cannot find a pending transfer, the order has already gone to your bank. At this point, you cannot cancel it. Similarly, find out if Robinhood will place charges on your account for not having the required funds to execute a placed order. Although it is unlikely, it pays to know ahead of time what possible fees might be.
What Types of Robinhood Orders Can be Canceled?
Canceling with Robinhood can be confusing and exasperating. Here are the types of orders that you may have and whether or not they can be canceled:
|Pending Fractional Order||Yes but not during a trading halt.|
DoNotPay can transact with Robinhood on your behalf. No need to stress about canceling your order, we’ll take care of all the paperwork for you.
Is There an Easier Way of Canceling a Pending Order With Robinhood?
If the timelines and requirements are making your head spin, DoNotPay might be the best option. The website developed a streamlined method for canceling virtually anything without having to read a lot of fine print, spending time on hold, or emailing back and forth.
Here is how to cancel a market order on Robinhood with the help of DoNotPay.
- Visit the DoNotPay website and search for the "Cancel Anything" product.
- Enter the name Robinhood to cancel your order or payment.
- Answer several questions about the Robinhood product you need to cancel.
DoNotPay will write the cancellation letter that goes directly to Robinhood.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay’s services are not only limited to assisting with cancellations. Below are some issues that we can handle for you:
- Getting a burner phone
- Dealing with chargebacks and refunds
- Getting airline flight compensation
- Negotiating credit cards
- Subscribing to free trials without being charged after
- Skipping the queue when contacting customer service
- Suing anyone in small claims court
- Negotiating expensive hotel bills
- Getting help with bills
Sign-up with DoNotPay right now and be amazed at all the tasks that you can entrust to this amazing robot lawyer.