How To Report Phishing Email to Xfinity (Comcast) and Get Protected
An average email user is exposed to numerous phishing attempts by scammers who are trying to elicit personal information almost daily. Xfinity takes pride in their ability to fight spam and phishing attempts effectively, so you should report any attempt of email abuse disguised as a message from the company directly to Comcast or enlist the help of DoNotPay to do it for you.
Phishing Scams Reported to Xfinity
To help clear any possible confusion, Comcast and Xfinity are essentially the same entity. Comcast is the parent company, while Xfinity is the company’s brand that provides TV, internet, and home phone services.
Considering the fact that Comcast has over 27 million users, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that cybercriminals are often posing as the company in an attempt to scam people or steal their personal information.
The table below shows the top five phishing scams reported as of 7th August 2020. The complete table can be seen on the Xfinity Internet Security Alerts page.
Please Read! Important Information from (omcast
Your Order Arriving Soon
If you receive emails with these or similar subject lines, do not open them. Pay close attention to the sender’s email address and don’t click on any links unless you’re absolutely certain that the emails are actually from Comcast/Xfinity.
Also, check the Xfinity website frequently. Whenever there's breaking news regarding email security issues, Xfinity will inform its users through a post on their homepage.
How To Stop Phishing Email With DoNotPay
Reporting every suspicious email to Xfinity is often a time-consuming, arduous process. You have to sit there, sort through all the emails, and report them one by one. Even then, it will likely take the company a few days to handle the issue and take action against the scammers.
Thankfully, there’s a much faster option. With DoNotPay, you can get rid of phishing emails in no time. All you need to do to protect yourself from cyber attacks via email is follow the simple steps below:
- Log into your account link
- Select the Spam Collector option
- Enter your Xfinity email address to connect it with DoNotPay
- Next time you receive a phishing email, forward it to email@example.com
You’ll be happy to find out you are unsubscribed from that mailing list automatically after you’ve forwarded the spam email. If there is a class action against the sender, you'll be notified about it, so you may decide to join the lawsuit.
In case of a successful judgment or settlement, you will share compensation with the other class members. The amount might reach up to $500—the best sort of revenge on spam emails and all the attacks on your privacy you can get!
How To Avoid Phishing Scams
There are some dos and don’ts of email correspondence that will help you avoid phishing scams.
Be careful about any email that asks for your personal information
|Type your password in an email
|Use the Microsoft security update for Internet Explorer
Reveal your payment information in an email
Check the beginning of the web address in your browser address bar when giving credit card details (it should be https:// rather than just http://)
|Allow remote access to companies or individuals who contact you via email
|Check out for signs of a phishing email
Respond to a suspicious email
How To Identify a Suspicious Email That You Should Report to Xfinity
There are some signs of a phishing scam all email users should learn about. Here’s what you need to pay attention to if you want to avoid becoming a victim of a phishing email:
- The unknown sender asks you to click on a link, open an attachment, or answer a question
- An email has a strong sense of urgency
- The sender is trying to get your personal information
- The sender says they've noticed a suspicious activity
- The email includes a fake invoice
How To Report Phishing Email to Comcast
If you notice any phishing signs in emails sent from someone posing as Comcast or Xfinity, don’t hesitate to report them. The process is quite straightforward—just follow these simple steps:
- Copy the full message header of the spam email
- Paste the message with the header into an email
- Type Phishing Email in the subject line
- Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Report a Spam Email to Comcast
As Webmail Users, you should take these steps to report spam from another Xfinity/Comcast user:
- Select the message you wish to report as spam
- Click Spam in the right-hand corner of the webmail page
Users of Windows Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc. need to:
- Select the message that they wish to report as spam
- Forward the spam message as an attachment to email@example.com
How To Report Scam Email to Xfinity if You Have Responded to It
What can you do if you’ve already fallen victim to a scam email? Unfortunately, Xfinity/Comcast can’t help you in that regard, but there are other measures you can take to minimize the potential damage.
If you suspect a scammer has your personal information like a credit card, bank account, or Social Security number, you must take the following steps:
- Alert your bank and/or credit card company immediately
- Report the issue to IdentityTheft.gov. There are different steps to take depending on the type of lost information, but the site provides detailed instructions
- Visit the FTC's Identity Theft Website to learn how to minimize your risk of damage from the ID theft
- Forward the email phishing for information to firstname.lastname@example.org
What Is Comcast Doing About Spam?
Xfinity protects its clients by prohibiting the delivery of emails with attachments commonly used to transmit viruses. If the attachments you receive are in bs, .pif, .scr, .bat, .com, .cmd, .msi and .reg formats, they are most likely spam.
At Xfinity, they use Automated Spam and Malware Filtering. Xfinity works on cybersecurity by using the global network that detects spam, phishing, and malware.
Reporting Phishing Emails to Comcast Legal Response Center
Here are the details on the Legal Response Center where you can report scam email.
|650 Centerton Road, Moorestown, NJ 08057
|Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m. EST
Contact Xfinity Customer Security Assurance To Report Phishing Email
The Customer Security Assurance has been founded to provide a safe and secure online experience for Comcast clients. Security professionals will respond to issues related to phishing, spam, infected computers, online fraud, and many other security issues every day of the week.
|6:00 a.m.–2:00 a.m. EST
Protect Yourself From Physical Scam Mail With DoNotPay
Like most American citizens, your mailbox is likely full of junk mail. Approximately one billion trees worth of paper is wasted away yearly in the U.S. alone. When we think of all the unwanted coupon envelopes, catalogs, 'pre-approved' credit card applications, and other commercial merchandising in our inbox, the figure is not surprising.
If you feel guilty about the damage inflicted upon the environment and are sick and tired of the mess unwanted mail makes, DoNotPay can help you handle both. Follow these instructions, and you’ll stop receiving junk mail in your mailbox:
- Choose the DoNotMail option on the DoNotPay dashboard
- Select Enroll Now
- Upload the photos of the unwanted mail you received
DoNotPay will ask the sender to stop sending their materials to your home address, and we will also find out if there is a class-action lawsuit against the company. You could join that lawsuit with our help and get some cash if the trial ends in a favorable verdict or settlement.
What Else Can DoNotPay Be of Assistance With?
Time is precious, and the last thing we want to do is waste it on cleaning up our inboxes, waiting for half an hour to get in touch with customer support, or going through convoluted processes to cancel a subscription.
You'll find the DoNotPay app valuable whether you need to block your spam on Android or stop getting physical junk mail. You can use it in any . Here is a list of things DoNotPay can help you with:
- Traffic tickets issues
- Delaying bill payments
- Keeping yourself safe against stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from companies
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever
- Jumping the phone queue when calling customer service
- Handling with speeding tickets
- Getting rid of spam text messages
- Avoiding robocalls
- Assisting you in trials in small claims court
- Getting you a DMV appointment fast
- Getting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Helping you contest parking tickets
- Fixing credit card issues
- Helping you cancel subscriptions or memberships
- Signing up for free trials 100% risk-free