How to Be Removed From an Email Spam List
Sometimes it seems like there's no way to remove yourself from an email spam list. It fills up your inbox and just keeps coming. You'd love to learn how to stop junk mail but where do you start? Read on.
DoNotPay is an expert at stopping junk mail. Not only can we prevent you from getting mortgage junk mail but junk mail from cable companies like Xfinity and Spectrum, and credit card companies like Capital One. We can prevent you from getting junk mail from insurance companies like State Farm and Geico, and more!
This guide will explain what constitutes spam email, why you're getting it, the rules behind opting out, and how DoNotPay can help when no one else can.
Why Am I Getting Spam Emails in the First Place?
Ah, the age old question: How did I even get on this mailing list? In many cases, you’re receiving spam because you gave your information to a site or subscription that shared (or sold) your information to affiliates. There are tons of sneaky ways that your email gets shared around the internet, and most are beyond your control. Any time you share your email, chances are someone else is standing by to use it for a marketing blast or a phishing scheme. So, how do you get yourself off these spam lists?
What is Considered Spam?
While some would define spam email as phishing scams, fraudulent messages, and material that comes from unreputable senders, spam is truly in the eye of the beholder. Any unsolicited, irrelevant, message that you view as junk counts. This can include commercial emails from known brands that you have no interest in as well as brands that you may have interacted with in the past but no longer wish to remain on their mailing list.
How to Stop Spam Email on Your Own
Stopping spam email on your own takes time and energy, but you do have a few options.
- You can call an "opt-out" hotline. Sadly, these hotlines often put you on hold or remain busy for long periods.
- You can go online to remove yourself from lists electronically, but often you'll continue to get it anyway.
- You can give private information (including your social security number) to websites claiming to stop junk mail for you. Unfortunately, many of these sites are scams and will steal your information.
Trying to stop spam emails from coming on your own should not be as tricky as it is. Luckily, you have other options.
Next Steps to Stop Spam Email if You Can't Do It Yourself
As stated above, trying to stop spam email yourself not only takes time and energy but endangers your personal information. But you do have other options, including:
|Paying someone to stop the junk mail for you||Several organizations will stop it for you, but they charge a fee. It can get costly as you have to pay a separate fee for each type of mail.|
|You can get a consumer advocate involved||There are consumer advocates who work for newspapers in every city, but they are swamped. So you have to get their attention, and they have to think your case is newsworthy enough to take it.|
These methods take time and money you may not have. Luckily, DoNotPay will stop you from getting junk mail quickly and easily.
How to Stop Spam Emails Instantly Using DoNotPay
With DoNotPay, you don't have to spend hours on the phone or a website, and you don't have to give away your information to a website you don't trust. DoNotPay can help you stop your mortgage junk mail with a few clicks of your button.
How to stop spam mail using DoNotPay:
If you want to stop receiving spam mail but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in four easy steps:
- Search "Remove My Information" on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to remove your information from Google searches, YouTube videos, or data brokers in general.
- If it's for a Google search or YouTube video, tell us more about the specific content you want removed, including the URLs of where it's currently being displayed.
- If it's for a data broker, choose which data broker you want your information removed from, or choose the "All-in" option to remove your information from all of them!
- DoNotPay will automatically carry out your opt-out requests for each data broker or submit removal requests from the search engines. You can expect to receive confirmation emails from the data brokers.
DoNotPay Works With the Click of a Button
DoNotPay can help you with other problems you have as well, including:
- DoNotPay can help opt-out of junk mail for Verizon the same way we can help with Capital One, Geico, Spectrum, and more.
- Or we can help you stop spam mail from credit providers and banks the same way we can help with spam mail from charities and retail companies.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can also help you with the following lawsuits:
- Bank of America lawsuit
- Comcast lawsuit
- Suing Equifax
- Securities Class Action
- Why do securities class action lawsuits take so long
- Walmart stock lawsuit
- PHOT stock lawsuit
- Taxable income from a stock lawsuit
- Stock drop lawsuit
- Facebook stock lawsuit
- ISS securities class action services
DoNotPay also offers services with:
- Set up a mailing service.
- Stop spam texts
- Update your spam collector
- Help you file a formal complaint.
Why wait? Use DoNotPay and stop your spam email today.