How To Recover A Hacked Pokémon GO Account
Before a hacker has a chance to wreak harm or get access to more of your profiles, you should quickly recover your compromised Pokémon GO account. However, you may discover that you cannot regain your account due to a lack of information.
Popular online games have become a lucrative target for cyber attackers since a lot of money goes around them. It's vital to respond quickly if your Pokémon GO account is hacked.
Recovering your can be frustrating, time-consuming, and sometimes impossible. DoNotPay, however, will help you recover your Pokémon GO account in a timely and effective manner.
How to Prevent your Pokémon GO Account from being Hacked
Taking the following security precautions will help you avoid getting your account hacked:
- Use a password management application that allows you to store your Pokémon GO password in a safe spot for quick access.
- Change your password frequently.
- Create a unique password free of personal information, common terms, or sequences.
- Use a separate password from other online accounts.
- If you've been hacked and use the same password on many accounts, reset the password on each one individually to avoid being hacked again.
- Hackers frequently gain access to your social media accounts after first gaining access to your email account, so update your email passwords as well.
- Revoke any questionable third-party apps.
- When feasible, enable login verification using two-factor authentication to secure your account better.
- Never reveal your password to anybody.
- When you've regained access to your account, go over your Settings Page and make any necessary changes, such as usernames and passwords.
What to Do If Your Pokémon GO Account Was Hacked
The first step in regaining access to your is to see whether you can still log in. If you are able to sign in, the hacker has not yet replaced your password to lock you out, and you should reset your password right away once in your Account Settings.
Hopefully, you will be able to prevent a hacker from getting any further, but if not, there are things you can do to restore your compromised Pokémon GO account.
Check Pokémon GO’s Security Settings
- Navigate the security settings section of your account settings.
- Check what devices and applications are linked and unplug any unfamiliar devices.
- Examine recent logins and take screenshots of illegal login data, including the time, date, location, browser type, and device type.
Scan Your Computers for Viruses
The attacker might have obtained your login data through various methods, including through a previous breach or guessing it. However, the hacker might have spyware software installed on one of your computer devices that allows them to see what you input into websites. Use an antivirus program to examine all of the gadgets you use to check in to your account and delete any malware.
Examine Your Account Activity and Settings
To get a sense of what the cybercriminal achieved while in control of your account, examine your purchase and download history, as well as any other in-game activities.
Set a Recovery Email
Go to your account settings and set up a recovery email address and phone number. If you are ever hacked and blocked from your account, this will allow you to regain access.
Contact Pokémon GO’s Support
If you've been entirely locked out of your account, send an email to Pokémon GO's support staff detailing your situation. If you haven't done so already, you may need to open a case with Pokémon GO's support staff and prove to them that you own the account.
How to Tell If Your Pokémon GO’s Account Is Hacked
Unfortunately, antimalware software gives little peace of mind in today's cyber security landscape. Antimalware scanners are often wrong, and hackers might alter their strategies at any time. By changing a few bytes, a previously identified malicious program becomes unidentifiable. Here are several signs to tell you if your Pokémon GO's is compromised:
- You notice unusual traffic on the network.
- A ransomware notice appears on your screen.
- A false antivirus notification appears on your screen.
- All of your in-game searches have been redirected.
- You get a lot of popups at random times.
- Your internet password isn't functioning, and you see strange program installations.
Recover Your Pokémon GO’s Account with the Help of DoNotPay
If you want to recover your Pokémon GO's account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Open the Recover Hacked Gaming Account product on DoNotPay and enter the gaming company name.
- Fill in the details of your account, including when it was first created, when it was hacked, whether you still have access, the name of the game, associated usernames, and how much you have paid through this account (if you've paid at all).
- Choose whether you would like us to send the demand letter on your behalf, or just generate a digital copy, and provide your e-signature.
And that’s it! Among other things DoNotPay can also help you recover your accounts in:
Why Use DoNotPay to Recover your Pokémon GO's Account
We want you to feel secure in your gaming experience, we make sure that we are:
|Fast||DoNotPay will recover your hacked Pokémon GO's account in the shortest time possible.|
|Easy||You don't have to go through many hoops just to recover your Pokémon GO Account.|
|Successful||Recovering hacked accounts can be a nightmare, but DoNotPay will make sure you get back control of your Pokémon GO's account|
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Recovering your Pokémon GO account is just one of the many things that DoNotPay can do for you. DoNotPay can also:
1. Appeal your banned accounts.
Reach out to us at DoNotPay today. We have got you covered!