How to Effortlessly Get a Chargeback with PNC
PNC Financial Services Group (PNC) is one of the biggest banks in America. It offers its banking services to customers across America. While its effort in the banking industry is appreciated, not everyone is pleased by its services.
You can dispute such transactions if you are aggrieved by mysterious charges on your debit or credit card. DoNotPay makes it easy to lodge a PNC transaction dispute regarding unauthorized or fraudulent transactions on your PNC account.
How to Dispute a Charge Through PNC on Your Own
You are at liberty to launch a PNC chargeback on your own. However, it's not advisable because it's likely to take forever before the bank reimburses your cash. That said, the procedure is as follows:
|To dispute a debit card transaction||
|To dispute a credit card transaction||
If the above methods don't work, then you can call their customer care services at 888-762-2265. As the number is toll-free, you are likely to spend hours on the line waiting for a customer care representative to pick up your call.
You can also resort to sending emails, tweets, or direct messages on social media accounts, but you will suffer the same fate of waiting for the social media handler to get to you.
Luckily, with DoNotPay, you can have an expedited PNC chargeback resolution. All you have to do is to lodge your claim and wait for your money to be returned.
How to Dispute a Charge Through DoNotPay
As mentioned, doing chargebacks on your own can be tiresome. However, with DoNotPay on your corner, the rest of the process shall be followed through by DoNotPay. Follow these prompts:
- Click on the 'Chargeback Instantly' icon. Then confirm if it's a credit or debit card.
- On the list of financial institutions, select PNC Bank.
- Pinpoint the PNC transaction dispute and have some essential evidence that you can use to dispute the transaction. For example, you can have evidence to indicate that you were not within the vicinity of the transaction.
- Submit the PNC chargeback and let DoNotPay file it on your behalf.
After you have filled the PNC transaction dispute and verified your information, DoNotPay will do the following:
- Send the PNC chargeback to your bank.
- We will provide the bank with reasons why the charges were erroneous and why you deserve a refund.
- If PNC needs additional evidence delinking you from the disputed transactions, we will reach out to the relevant merchant for resolution.
PNC Fraud Protection Policy
PNC is aware that fraudulent activities may occur when you lose your bank cards, and with online banking, there is an increased risk of fraud. Therefore, when you notice your card missing, you can promptly call 1-888-PNC-BANK (1-888-762-2265) and ask the bank to block your cards. You are also supposed to report to the police if a theft occurs.
PNC, being a member of FDIC, ensures that they set aside $250000 per depositor. Therefore, this ensures your deposit is not depleted due to fraudulent activities. The bank also periodically publishes articles and posts on its websites warning and informing their clients on the best practices to safeguard their accounts from fraud.
How Long Does It Take To Receive a Chargeback From PNC?
Once you file a PNC chargeback request, it takes three to six months before the bank returns your money. Sometimes the duration can even be longer, depending on the complexity of the dispute.
Potential Challenges While Dealing With PNC
While filing for PNC chargebacks, setbacks are inevitable, especially if you are filing for the first time. You may have to deal with the following:
- A merchant is disputing the bank returning your money.
- Delays because you omitted essential details in your letter.
- Unhelpful or unfriendly employees who don't seem to care about your plight.
- If the amount claimed is large, the bank may claim that they need more time to carry out their investigations.
- If you frequently visit a place, it would be hard to prove that the transaction was wrong.
However, as DoNotPay does all the legwork for you, you do not have to worry about it. The same cannot be said of chargeback filing done on your own, as those take longer and are more complex to file.
How to Check the Status of Your Chargeback With PNC
You can frequently call PNC Customer Care Service to check whether your money has been returned. You can also send them emails or tweet them @PNCBank-Help
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Apart from helping you get your PNC chargeback, DoNotPay offers many other services, including virtual credit cards to protect your information, burner phones to verify accounts, and many other services.
- Vanilla card refund
- Amazon refund without return
- DoorDash refund
- Lyft refund
- Paypal Friends and Family refund