Your Credit Card May Get You Into the Oryx Lounge for Free
If you're flying between Europe or Africa and Asia, there's a good chance you're connecting through Doha Hamad International Airport in Qatar. If your stay in Doha is going to be more than one or two hours long, consider getting access to one of the airport's many lounges.
But unless you're flying in first or business class, you may not realize you have access to some of the available airport lounges already. With , you can easily and quickly figure out what lounges you have access to, and maybe even .
What Comes with Access to the Oryx Lounge?
The Oryx Lounge is in Terminal 1 of Doha Hamad International Airport, and if you have an extended transfer in Doha, it's worth a visit. In fact, the Oryx Lounge experience includes:
- Drinks (including alcoholic beverages), snacks, comfortable seating, and a spacious rest area so the waiting time of your connection will pass by quickly.
- Extended bathroom facilities, including showers, razors, shaving cream, toothpaste, and toothbrushes.
- Internet access. There’s a business area full of computers as well as numerous power outlets and USB hubs to charge your own devices.
- A family lounge, a separate smoking lounge, a game room, and a children's play area.
Who Can Use Airport Lounges?
Different airport lounges have different restrictions on who can enter them. Some airport lounges are restricted to people flying in first or business class, or to members of an airline's Frequent Flyer club. The Oryx Lounge is available to anybody flying through Doha Hamad airport, and it costs 200 QAR (or about $55, depending on the current exchange rate) for a six-hour pass.
Why Are Airport Lounges Worth It?
Airline flying can be exhausting, and long layovers don't improve the stress of a long flight. It's certainly worth it to get access to an airport lounge rather than spend six hours wandering through the airport shops. Flying is much easier when you have a nice meal and a shower between your flights. You'll leave the lounge with your gate assignment in hand rather than worrying about how you'll spend your layover.
How to Gain Access to the Oryx Lounge on Your Own
To get into the Oryx Lounge at Doha Hamad airport, you need:
- The boarding passes of all people in your party
- 200 QAR (or about $55), or proof that you don't need to pay the entrance fee
Many credit cards offer access to the Oryx Lounge as a benefit, and many airlines offer free access to the lounge with a business class or first class tickets, so you may not need to pay the entrance fee.
If you didn't pre-pay for access to the Oryx Lounge with your flight reservation, you can buy a six-hour pass at the Marhaba Desk (which is just before the passport checks).
Note that there is often an extended line here. If you have a credit card that provides free access to the Oryx Lounge, you can show it at the door to be admitted. These cards only allow the cardholder access; if you want to bring your family, they’ll need to pay for a pass.
How to Get Access to the Oryx Lounge With DoNotPay
If you want to get lounge access but don't know where to start, has you covered in 3 easy steps:
1. Tell us which airport you're flying out of or into.
2. Select whether you have any of the special travel rewards or airline credit cards, or are flying in a premium fare class.
3. Enter which airline you're flying with.
And that's it. DoNotPay will check to see if you have any free lounge benefits based on your credit cards or flight tickets. If not, we'll check to see which lounges offer one-day passes at your designated airport and guide you through how to access them.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get Access to the Oryx Lounge
|In seconds, DoNotPay can check all your credit cards to see whether any of them offer access to specialty airport lounges
|You can access the Oryx Lounge and other airport lounges without buying passes, and do so without waiting in line or on hold
|You can rest assured knowing that DoNotPay can get you access to a wide variety of airport lounges
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
DoNotPay can do much more than get you and other specialty airport lounges. As the world's first AI Consumer Champion, DoNotPay can:
- Help you get chargebacks and refunds with banks and credit card providers
- Skip the queue for customer service at many companies
- Dispute parking tickets in any city
- Sue any person or company in small claims court
- Get out of your payday loans
- Get compensated for fraudulent robocalls
And much more. DoNotPay can help you simplify your life, improve its quality, and maybe even find you some extra money along the way.