LoungeBuddy Reviews: Does It Actually Work?
Airport experiences are hardly fun. It can be frustrating waiting on uncomfortable benches, dealing with flight delays, layovers, flight cancellations, and enduring the chaos brought by huge crowds cramped in such a small space. If you fly frequently, lounge access can be a perfect haven to freshen up, be productive, and get the most out of your trip by accessing free meals, drinks, Wi-Fi, etc.
Since time immemorial, lounges were only reserved for first-class flyers or people who have earned loyalty with airlines. Fortunately, the narrative has changed, and today budget travelers can access lounges for free or budget-friendly fees, thanks to apps like LoungeBuddy.
We've studied different to give you a comprehensive guide on what to expect with LoungeBuddy and how it stacks against its competitors.
What Is LoungeBuddy?
LoungeBuddy is an American Express owned platform where travelers can access airport lounges worldwide without the need to subscribe or membership. LoungeBuddy allows you to search lounges using airport or city names, compare them, and book via their website or iOS app.
Accessing a lounge can give you ample time to wind off the travel stress away from the crown. Some lounges even offer free drinks, unlike buying them from overpriced airport terminal shops. LoungeBuddy is especially helpful to people who can't afford first-class but need a 1-day pass lounge access.
If there's a need to contact LoungeBuddy or get support, you can use the contact details below:
|Help Center||FAQs and Support|
How Does LoungeBuddy Work?
Finding a lounge after a long flight can help you regain focus, recharge your devices, or even work remotely using free Wi-Fi. Booking a lounge pass using LoungeBuddy is not complicated. You can use either the loungebuddy.com website or your mobile app to purchase a pass.
- Select the correct city/airport and press the search button.
- Select the lounge you wish to book. You can also find free lounges whenever applicable.
- Make your payment, you're in, and when you get to the airport, you'll only need to show your LoungeBuddy confirmation at the reception desk
How much does access to LoungeBuddy cost?
Every lounge aggregated by LoungeBuddy is priced independently. According to the service, you can access the lounge for as low as $25, but show that most LoungeBuddy passes have a price tag of $40 to $60.
Features and Benefits of Using LoungeBuddy
LoungeBuddy has several features that provide all classes of travelers with many benefits. Each lounge is accompanied by its photos, available amenities, and reviews from previous users. Other notable ones include:
- LoungeBuddy can automatically locate lounges you have free access to when you add your trip and other details such as exclusive statuses, memberships, or credit cards
- The platform aggregates lounges across 800 of the world's busiest airports, which translates to more than 2000 lounges
- You can view the requirements and additional privileges each individual lounge provides
- Easily filter your results depending on the amenities you need
- The service will inform you about the lounge's perks, such as the children's area, conference room, spa services, etc.
- Cancellation policy of the lounge
- Map details of the lounge within the airport
Cons of Using LoungeBuddy
While LoungeBuddy has several benefits, it doesn't lack its share of inconsistencies. For instance, the LoungeBuddy app is only available to iOS users, meaning Android users can only access the service through the website. also show that the app tends to place the free lounge access at the bottom of the results by pushing paid ones on top. Nevertheless, the app can be highly beneficial, especially for filtering and locating lounges in large airports.
Furthermore, you'll need an AmEx card to book a lounge on LoungeBuddy since that's the only allowed mode of payment. This can especially be a pain point if you currently don't have an American Express card.
DoNotPay: A Better Alternative to LoungeBuddy
No matter how much you have, you deserve a lounge to escape the hectic airport environment. DoNotPay can help you access premium airport lounges at a fraction of the prices. Using our DoNotPay's Lounge Access product on any browser can quickly tell you which lounges you can enter for free, depending on your membership or credit card.
How to Get a Lounge Access Using DoNotPay
Although lounges are accessible even to non-first-class ticket holders nowadays, finding one is another frantic procedure. But don't let that make you fail to enjoy the benefits of a lounge. When you provide details about your flight, we can get the job done in minutes.
Here is how you go about it:
- Tell us which airport you're flying out of or into.
- Select whether you have any of the special travel reward or airline credit cards, or are flying in a premium fare class.
- Enter which airline you're flying with.
And that's it! DoNotPay will check to see if you have any free lounge benefits based on your credit cards or flight tickets. If not, we'll check to see which lounges offer one-day passes at your designated airport and guide you through how to access them!
Are They Who They Claim to Be?
Find out whether you're getting the best from services you love by reading impartial reviews.
Some of them include:
- Experian reviews
- FormSwift reviews
- LofeLock reviews
- FastWeb reviews
Do More Using DoNotPay App
At DoNotPay, we have innovated, tried, tested, and proven solutions to your day-to-day life hassles, including:
- Dealing with traffic tickets: parking or speeding
- Getting compensation from airlines
- Canceling timeshares
- Car lease negotiation, registration renewal, DMV appointments, etc.
- Senior living help