Is It Possible to Get British Airways Premium Economy Lounge Access?
Airline VIP lounges are among the best perks of flying business and first-class, but they're incredibly hard to access with lower-tier fares. But there are ways to . With some research, you can find the secret tricks to accessing these luxurious benefits.
Or you can use a virtual travel agent like DoNotPay to uncover any hidden perks waiting for you.
What British Airways Passengers Qualify for VIP Lounge Access?
Unless they have received or paid for special upgrades, the only passengers on British Airways flights who can use a VIP lounge are:
|Type of Flight Ticket||Business Class or First Class|
|Club Memberships||Silver and Gold Executive Club Members|
|Other Memberships||Many savvy DoNotPay users|
Unlike many other airlines, British Airways does not sell day passes to their lounges to passengers whose tickets don't grant them access. Their lounges, especially at Heathrow's Terminal 5, are extremely popular and attendants often have to turn card-carrying members away.
That makes their lounges even more exclusive, and therefore harder to get into, even those at domestic airport hubs.
The DIY Way to Access British Airways Lounges with Premium Economy Tickets
If you've already tried to get a pass to one of British Airways posh VIP lounges, and you gave up in frustration, go ahead and skip to the next section. Otherwise, read on for your best shot at discovering hidden lounge benefits—or for negotiating access—when you're only flying Premium Economy.
1. Through your travel agent
Travel agencies are still in business, and the best ones get by in the age of internet travel booking by catering to businesses and large travel groups. If you know a good travel agent, you might want to have them book your flight for you, and check to see if they have any special lounge access promotions through their agency. Airlines often give agencies incentives that they can pass along to their customers.
But travel agents, in spite of all their benefits, don't always offer the best airline fares. You'll need to decide if the trade-off is worthwhile.
2. By looking up your credit card benefits
Call the customer service number on the back of your credit card and ask if their cardholders are entitled to British Airways or partner airline lounge benefits. Many gold-tier personal or business cards offer certain travel perks, and if your card allows you to collect airline miles, you could have enough to cash in on a British Airways flight or partner airline ticket that grants you lounge access.
3. By cashing in when the airline owes you a favor
Did you voluntarily give up your seat on an overbooked flight, or did the airline lose your reservation or luggage? You're in a good position to negotiate a one-time pass to a British Airways lounge. Your best bet is to ask for the perk before making any agreements with the airline.
4. By joining British Airways' Executive Club at the Silver or Gold tier
If all else fails, you can always walk through the VIP lounge doors as a card-holding Executive Club member. Of course, you'll be paying Gold or Silver tier membership fees, and if you don't fly often, the membership benefits won't really benefit you at all. Yet, here's how you can join:
- Open your browser and go to this link.
- Fill in your name as it appears on your passport.
- Give and confirm your email address; your email address is the recommended username.
- Choose and confirm a password.
- Fill in your home or business address, including country.
- Input your mobile phone number.
- Input your mobile phone's country of origin.
- Use the drop-down menu to select your preferred language.
- Use the drop-down menu to select your preferred departure city.
- Input your birthdate.
- Input your gender.
- Read options for newsletters and information sharing, and opt out as you see fit.
- Enter any promotion codes you've been offered.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Click "Join Now".
- Wait for a response from British Airways, and information about upgrading to Silver or Gold Executive tiers.
Note, as of this writing the British Airways' Executive Club website pages have been "under construction" for several days, with no given date for new information on membership fees or eligibility. Their customer service chatbot was unable to recognize any typed requests for a phone number with which to join the Executive Club. However, you're welcome to give it a try.
Let DoNotPay Get You British Airways Premium Economy Lounge Access
You can't find a travel agent with spare lounge upgrades? You don't have any leverage with which to negotiate a free day pass? What next?
The British Airways website isn't going to tell you how to access free benefits, and it's not set up to help you find benefits you're already owed. If you call the airline's customer service, you'll spend a lot of time on hold before the agent finally tells you you're out of luck.
This story looks different when DoNotPay is on your side.
How to get lounge access using DoNotPay:
If you want to get lounge access but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Tell us which airport you're flying out of or into.
- Select whether you have any of the special travel rewards or airline credit cards, or are flying in a premium fare class.
- Enter which airline you're flying with.
That's all you have to do. With this information, DoNotPay can find out if you qualify for benefits. If you decide you want to purchase an Executive Club membership at the Silver or Gold Tier, DoNotPay can even do that for you.
Other Ways DoNotPay Can Make Traveling Easier
DoNotPay is in the business of advocating for its members across all sorts of challenges, from finding money owed to you to requesting sick leave from your employer.
Here are just a few travel-related services we offer:
- Apply for tourist visas
- Find lost items at an airport lost-and-found
- Get compensated for canceled or bumped flights
- Give consent for your child to fly as an unattended minor
- Gain access to airline lounges using your American Express, Chase, Capital One, and MasterCard credit cards, or with your American Airlines or United Airlines air miles credit cards
Ready to Let DoNotPay Get You British Airways Premium Economy Lounge Access?
It sure does seem like the right choice, doesn't it? Well, here’s why:
- Fast—Three easy steps is a heartbeat compared to hours on the phone or online
- Easy—No negotiating, and no hoops to jump through.
- Successful—Getting lounge access without the required tickets or membership status is almost impossible without our help
Think of us as your very own Platinum-tier membership for life's everyday forms, disputes, requests, and applications. Find out more about .
And what better way to get started than by finding a way to get into a luxurious on your next flight?