Which Airport Lounges Accept AmEx Propel Cards?
American Express issues cards through major banks, just like Mastercard and Visa. Their Wells Fargo premium card is the Propel.
If you're traveling with a Propel AmEx, you may expect that AmEx logo to get you access to airport lounges. However, you'll be disappointed that this particular American Express card doesn't offer the same airport perks as a branded AmEx. Don’t worry, DoNotPay can help you find what other benefits you can enjoy from a as well as how to get into airport lounges easily.
The Benefits of a Propel Card
Wells Fargo AmEx Propel is a great card, it just . Here are just a few of the Propel's concierge services:
- Travel planning services
- Dinner reservations
- Personal Services, like spa and salon appointments, pet sitting, and housekeeping
- Entertainment tickets, like concerts, sporting events (including your own tee times), and Broadway or the West End.
Check with Wells Fargo about the availability of a new AmEx Propel card. The bank put a temporary hold on new cards in September 2021.
Are Airport Lounges Worth the Trouble and Expense?
That really all depends on where you're going, and who's traveling with you. If you're taking a short, direct, domestic flight, you might not spend enough time in the airport to justify the cost of lounge access. The minute there's a layover on your itinerary, or you're traveling with kids, that lounge looks really good. Also, even short domestic hops get delayed and canceled, so yes, lounge access is absolutely worth it.
Here are some of the amenities that lounges offer:
|Refreshments, Shower Access, and Other Amenities||
|Complimentary Business Perks and Personalized Assistance||
How to Get Access to Airport Lounges
When you consider how much you'll spend just feeding the family during a layover, the cost of lounge access starts to look pretty reasonable. However, if you have the right credit cards, you already have airport lounge access. These are the best cards for lounge access worldwide.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve gives you access to Priority Pass lounges and restaurants, and you get 50,000 points just for getting the card. These points are great for upgrades. The annual fee is $550.
- AmEx Platinum goes further with points—100,000—when you get the card. Also, their Centurion lounges are usually among the best in the airport. With a $695 annual fee, you do expect luxury.
- Capital One Ventures also has 100,000 free miles when you sign up, but their annual fee slims down to $95 when you spend the introductory $300 credit. Win.
If you don't want a new card, you can join Priority Pass and have access to airport lounges. They have several levels of membership, starting at $99 per year, and a mobile app so you can join on the go.
How to Get Lounge Access by Yourself
Simply show your card or mobile app at the velvet ropes guarding the doors of the lounge, and you're in. You can book ahead to ensure there is space in the lounge, which is not a bad idea since many airports are still following distance protocols. The problem with booking ahead is that you've got to block the time to do it. If you're not sure how to go about booking a lounge online, it is a pretty aggravating process since you have to navigate third party websites.
DoNotPay Takes Away the Hassle for You
You can avoid all the stress when you sign up with DoNotPay to book your airport lounge. We have a streamlined process that will get you the best lounge option, and have the system in place to do it quickly. We understand that when you're planning a trip, time is a valuable commodity. Spending hours chasing down card offers and points and upgrades is just a hassle and it's easy to keep putting it off—and then it's too late, because the lounges are booked.
How to Get Lounge Access Using DoNotPay
If you want to get lounge access but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Tell us which airport you're flying out of or into.
- Select whether you have any of the special travel reward or airline credit cards, or are flying in a premium fare class.
- Enter which airline you're flying with.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
There's really no limit to the daily tasks that DoNotPay can do for you. When you're preparing for travel, we can help with things like getting your passport or other documents, scheduling bill paying services while you're gone, even getting a refund from the airline if there are flight cancellations or impossible delays.
But wait—there's more. can smooth your path with everything from disputing credit card charges to parking tickets, getting colleges to waive fees, and so much more. Browse through our services when you sign up for airport lounge help—the possibilities are endless.
- Addressing credit card issues
- Addressing robocalls
- Compensation claims for canceled and delayed flights
- Protection against harassment or stalkers
- Membership and subscription cancellations
- Requesting sick leave
- Finding lost items