How to Get an Orange County Pet License
Did you know that Orange County residents are required to have their dogs and cats registered? Not only that, but some cities within Orange County require additional pet license requirements. Lucky for you, DoNotPay can help you obtain any .
Additionally, DoNotPay can assist with all pet license needs outside of Orange County, including Los Angeles and just about every jurisdiction in California. And, if that is the route you chose, this article will inform you how to obtain a pet license in Orange County on your own.
What are the different ways to Obtain an Orange County pet license?
Pet Licenses can only be applied for through mail or online in select cities.
Residents in these cities must submit a unique application that is different than the general Orange County Application:
- Lake Forest
Licensing through OC Animal Care online is only available to residents
of the following cities:
- Fountain Valley
- Huntington Beach
- San Juan Capistrano
- Lake Forest
- Villa Park
- Yorba Linda
- All Unincorporated County Areas
No matter what city in Orange County you live in, DoNotPay can handle all your pet licensing needs. Even if your city only permits mail-in registration.
Links for applications to submit by mail or email
- General Orange County
- Lake Forest Residents Only
- Fullerton Residents Only
- Orange City Residents Only
Mailing Address for Orange County Pet Licenses:
OC Animal Care, Licensing Department
1630 Victory Road
Tustin, CA 92782
What are the license fees for pets in Orange County?
The fees associated with obtaining a pet license in Orange County vary a great deal. Some things that will influence the cost are:
- What city you are in
- If you are registering a cat or a dog (cats are generally cheaper)
- If your pet is spayed or neutered (spayed and neutered pets are generally cheaper)
- Age of your pet
- If any late fees apply (pets must be registered within 15 days of acquisition)
- If registration applications include a non-compliance citation
- Any applicable collection fees for past due fees
- Age of applicant (in some jurisdictions, senior citizens are eligible for a discount)
Why should I get an Orange County Pet License?
|Avoiding Fees||Citations for having an unregistered dog or cat can easily triple the cost of on-time registration|
|Finding Lost Pets||Lost pets are easier to identify in shelters if they are already registered.|
|Funds OC Animal Care||OC Animal Care takes care of pets that are abandoned or neglected. Your fees help take care of these animals.|
Documents needed for license requirements
- Applicable fees. Checks or money orders are accepted for mail-in applications
- Proof of sterility, when applicable
- Rabies vaccination certificate
- Proof of age for senior citizens, when applicable
How can I renew or replace my lost Orange County pet license?
- Access the online OC Animal Care registration tool
- Simply input your pet license number, microchip number, PersonID, or last name
- From here, you can access your existing information in the OC Animal Care database
How long does the Orange County pet license last?
The Orange County pet license lasts for 12 months for both cats and dogs.
How to save time registering your pet in Orange County using DoNotPay:
If you want to save time registering your pet in Orange County, using DoNotPay's "don't know where to start", has you covered in these simple steps:
- Go to the Pet Licenses product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the county or city you are looking to register your pet in.
- Tell us more about your pet, including the breed, gender, whether they are spayed/neutered, approximate age, and more.
- Upload evidence documents that prove that your pet has been spayed/neutered (if applicable) and a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate.
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
- Complete your application by paying the license processing fee, so we can file the application on your behalf.
Why should you use DoNotPay for your Orange County pet registration?
DoNotPay is a one-stop shop for all your . Regardless of what pet you have, their age, and their sterilization status, DoNotPay can simplify the registration process.
DoNotPay originally started as a service to help people fight unlawful parking tickets. We have since expanded to a whole range of legal and social services. We can help with blocking physical spam, lowering payday loans, canceling timeshares, accessing hotel upgrades, airport lounge access, and so much more.
In addition to Orange County pet licenses, we can help with obtaining pet licenses in numerous jurisdictions should you ever move. Our services expand well outside of California, from coast to coast and sea to shining sea.
DoNotPay can get Pets Registered in Numerous License Locations:
- King County Pet Licenses
- Omaha Pet Licenses
- Pierce County Pet Licenses
- Washington State Pet Licenses
- Maricopa County Pet Licenses
- Minneapolis Pet Licenses
- Houston Pet Licenses