How to Acquire Your Norman Pet License
You are required to obtain a Norman pet license for all cats and dogs that are at least six months old within 30 days of acquiring the pets or moving to the city. You also must renew your Norman pet registration within 30 days of when it is due to expire every year or three years, depending upon which license option you choose.
When life gets busy, especially if you've just moved to a new city or gotten a new pet, remembering all those dates and deadlines can be taxing. Finding a way to automate your Norman pet license with a site like DoNotPay takes away those pesky pet headaches. Couple that with the challenge of updating your personal information and your pet's rabies vaccination records, and automating the through DNP makes even more sense.
Three Ways to License a Pet in Norman
The City of Norman offers three ways to register for your pet license:
How to License in Person
You can obtain your pet license at the Norman Animal Welfare Center by appointment. To make an appointment, call 405-292-9736. Walk-ins are welcome, but there may be a wait if they are booked with appointments. The Norman Animal Welfare Center is located at 3428 Jenkins Ave. Hours are 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday.
Norman also allows pet licensing at the following affiliate locations:
- Alameda Animal Hospital, 431 12th Ave, 405-360-0045
- All Pets Vet Clinic, 4603 W Main St, 405-360-2607
- Cats Only Clinic, 1308 N Interstate Dr, 405-579-4228
- Ellison Feed and Seed, 115 S Porter Ave, 405-360-0370
- McGee Street Animal Hospital, 1140 S McGee Dr, 405-329-0181
- Noble Animal Clinic, 323 S Main St, Noble, 405-872-8382
- Park Lane Vet Hospital, 1525 SW 24th St, 405-364-7793
- Second Chance Animal Sanctuary, 4500 24th Ave, 405-321-1915
- Sooner Veterinary Hospital, 107 S Vicksburg Ave, 405-364-2197
- Southwest Veterinary Hospital, 2225 NW 12th Ave, 405-360-9585
- Thunderbird Veterinary Hospital, 1250 NE 156th, 405-360-8990
- University Animal Hospital, 1218 Lindsey Plaza Dr, 405-329-6889
- Westwood Vet Hospital, 111 N Mercedes Dr, 405-364-1100
How to License by Mail
Take these steps to apply for a license by mail:
- Download a copy of the Pet License Application.
- Complete the application and enclose it in an envelope with the other required documents.
- Include a check or money order made payable to Norman Animal Licensing. Do not send cash.
- Mail the paperwork and payment to Norman Animal Licensing c/o PetData, PO Box 141929, Irving, TX 75014-1929
As you can see, this pet license registration is being handled by an outside vendor, so be sure you make payment in time to receive your license within the required 30 days.
How to License Online
Norman's online pet registration is handled through PetData, based in Texas. If you are registering after receiving a notice from the city, you will have a reference number to use. If you are registering a new pet or are a new resident, you will need to register for an account with PetData.
Among the requirements for registering online:
- You will need to pay a fee of $1.95 per transaction. Multiple pets can be registered under one transaction.
- Payments are accepted via American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
- Required documents can be scanned and uploaded, or they can be sent via fax, email, or mail. Licenses will be issued when all necessary documents are submitted.
How Much Does it Cost to License a Pet in Norman?
The City of Norman offers two options for pet licenses, one year or three years, plus offers a senior citizen discount. These are the fees:
|Standard Licensing Fees||1 Year||3 Year|
|Altered (Spayed/Neutered) Pet||$10||$30|
|Senior (65+) with Unaltered Pet||$10||$30|
|Senior (65+) with Altered Pet||$5||$15|
|Tag Replacement Fee||$5|
Reasons to Register Your Pet in Norman
All dogs and cats 6 months old and older are required to be registered in Norman. Licenses must be obtained within 30 days of acquiring the pet or moving to Norman or when the pet turns 6 months old.
Having the pet registered and keeping your personal information updated allows Norman Animal Control to return your pet more quickly if it is found away from your residence.
Norman also has special requirements and fees for registering pets that have been deemed to be dangerous, but you are allowed to keep them within city limits if you abide by the restrictions.
Documents Needed to Register Your Pet in Norman
These documents are needed to register a pet in Norman:
- Proof of spay or neutering if appropriate. Spaying and neutering are not required, but licenses are discounted.
- Proof of rabies vaccination.
- If a senior citizen, date of birth to receive the discounted license.
The City of Norman does not return paperwork, so make sure you keep copies for yourself.
How Can I Renew or Replace my Pet License in Norman?
Renewing your pet license in Norman requires the same process as obtaining a new license. You will need to fill out all the same paperwork, provide updated vaccination information and pay the same fees.
You are responsible for updating your pet license within 30 days of when it expires. If you have a three-year license, you especially will need to keep track of this time period to ensure your pet's license is renewed in a timely fashion.
You also need to keep your pet's information and your personal information updated with the City of Norman to ensure compliance with city regulations.
How Long Does the Pet License Last in Norman?
You have the choice of obtaining a one-year or three-year license in Norman. No pet license can extend beyond the vaccination expiration period.
You are responsible for renewing your pet license within 30 days of its expiration, so if you choose a 3-year license, you must remain alert to renew that license within the proper time frame. If you choose to obtain your pet license through DoNotPay, we can get your license immediately and be responsible for renewal at the right time.
How to Save Time Registered Your Pet in Norman using DoNotPay
The three methods of obtaining or renewing a pet license in Norman can be time-consuming and troublesome. Because you are working through an outside agent, you need to pay an extra fee for registering online and might see delays if your paperwork isn't submitted correctly or in a timely manner. DoNotPay takes away the headaches for you and registers your pet in just a few minutes following these easy six steps:
- Go to the Pet Licenses product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the county or city you are looking to register your pet in.
- Tell us more about your pet, including the breed, gender, whether they are spayed/neutered, approximate age, and more.
- Upload evidence documents that prove that your pet has been spayed/neutered (if applicable) and a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate.
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
- Complete your application by paying the license processing fee, so we can file the application on your behalf.
That's it. DoNotPay will process your application and supply your copy of the license almost immediately.
Why Use DoNotPay to Obtain Your Norman Pet License
DoNotPay offers the best way to handle your pet registration in Norman, whether you just got a new pet or moved to Norman for these three reasons:
- Fast --You don't have to spend hours trying to solve the issue and get your license immediately.
- Easy --You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in getting your pet license.
- Successful --You can rest assured knowing you will have your pet's license and be in compliance with city ordinance.
DoNotPay Solves Many of Your Aggravations
After you've taken care of your , you'll want to explore other issues DoNotPay can address for you, whether it's automating your utility bills or filing for copyright. Or if you have a vacation home, DoNotPay also can help you register your pet in many locations. Here are just a few examples:
- King County
- Los Angeles County
- Pierce County
- Orange County
- Washington State
- Maricopa County