How to Get a Copy Of Your MyChart Medical Records Quickly
MyChart is a digital patient portal developed and marketed by Epic Systems. It was the top performer in the Best in KLAS 2019 rankings, according to Patient Engagement. provide you with the power to obtain the best possible health care, including saving your life if it comes down to it. And while we're often warned about various medical dangers, we aren't warned about the dangers associated with not knowing our health information.
The secret to ensuring you and your loved ones get the best medical care is to take charge. It includes taking charge of you and your family's health information by requesting MyChart medical records. Through DoNotPay's Request Medical Records product, you can start taking charge by keeping accurate copies of your medical records.
How to Request Your Medical Records on Your Own
You may wish to request your from your provider for various reasons.
- If your doctor is retiring, you need to transfer your records ASAP.
- If you wish to switch to a new doctor, you also need to transfer your records.
- Avoid duplicate procedures: sometimes, you need a copy of your records available at all times to make sure you don't get unnecessary or even harmful duplicate procedures.
- Have an electronic copy of your records: you never know when you'll need your health information at your fingertips, so requesting a copy to have on hand can save you trouble in a pinch.
- Update your health records: your health record is a way that you can have personal health information on hand, not only for any doctors who treat you but also for relatives, people with the power of attorney, or anyone else who may need to make quick health decisions on your behalf if you become incapacitated.
How to Request Your Medical Records From MyChart
According to a PDF published by MyChart, you can now request to have the following medical records released directly to MyChart:
- Abstract Record for those admitted to our facility, including observation stays and outpatient surgery.
- Provider Office Visit Records.
- Emergency Department (ED) records.
How to Request Your Medical Records Through MyChart
The MyChart PDF gives the following instructions for requesting your medical records through MyChart:
- Log into MyChart using your user ID and password.
- Click on the 'Request Records' button or select "Request Medical Record" from the "My Medical Record" tab.
- Complete the "Requestor Information" and "Types of Records" sections.
- Select "Submit Download to save to your computer or print (the download will be a PDF file and requires Adobe Reader to view your records)."
- When your records have been released to MyChart, you will receive an email. When you access MyChart online, you will see a pop-up message on the main screen that says, "Download the record you requested." Your records will be available on MyChart for 30 days.
Requesting Your Medical Records Is Not Always Easy
However, you have to ask a given health care provider (hospital, doctor's office, etc.) to give you your records, and the process can be a bit intimidating. Hospitals and doctor's offices alike are known for slow, bureaucratic behavior, and it's not always clear whom to ask for your medical records. But remember, your records are yours.
Even though it can take work to get access to your records, it's your right under the law to receive them, so you should not be deterred. Having your medical records available to you will make you a more informed and empowered patient, and it could help you improve your health care and remain in control.
How DoNotPay Makes Getting Your Medical Records Easy
DoNotPay has seen these requests before and knows how to write your health care provider a simple, clear, and effective letter that will get your legally-guaranteed health records for you in no time.
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay’s website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you’d like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you’d like to send the records.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your request for medical records to your health care provider within a few days, and you should have your records received within a few weeks! DoNotPay can also help you with the following medical records issues:
|Kaiser Medical Records
|Getting Your Medical Records
|Electronic Health Records
|Request Medical Records
|Baptist Medical Records
|Medical Records Release Form
|Mercy Medical Records
|Cleveland Clinic Medical Records
|How Long Do Medical Records Are Kept?
Other Ways DoNotPay Helps Its Members
Helping you request medical records is only a drop in the bucket of our services. These are just a few examples of how we can advocate for you. DoNotPay can
- Help you claim compensation for poor Southwest WiFi;
- Help you solve problems with animal control;
- Teach all you need to know about being banned from Facebook; and
- Help you appeal parking tickets in any city
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us today. If you haven't yet joined, take the first step to consumer freedom by .