The Easiest Way to Request St. Agnes Medical Records
Whenever you need to change health care providers, or you seek medical treatment outside your regular network, it's essential that you get copies of your medical records. If you were treated at St. Agnes, getting your medical records is not necessarily easy. You have to pick them up in person if you want them for yourself–which isn't easy if you're from out of the area–and you can only have them mailed to a third party, such as:
- Your regular physician
- An attorney representing the patient
- The patient's insurance company
- Social Security or Disability agencies
But getting your is worth the effort, even if in the end you have to ask your own doctor for copies to keep for yourself.
Why It's a Good Idea to Get Your Medical Records From St. Agnes
These days, with hospital networks using online portals to electronically store and share medical records, you probably think you don’t need paper copies for your records. Think again! Here are seven reasons why you should get copies of your medical records:
- You want to check them for errors.
- You're traveling out of the country, or even outside your network coverage region.
- You're filing an insurance claim.
- You're filing a personal injury suit.
- You want to make sure your health care providers are all updated and on the same page.
- Hospitals rarely keep records for more than 10 years... but your health history covers a lifetime.
- You want to be the best patient advocate possible for yourself or for a loved one.
When you get your records, it's a good idea to make digital copies. You can also keep one set to keep at home with your records, and another to keep in a second location, preferably a safe-deposit box or with a trusted friend or family member. Be sure to update them whenever your health records change.
Who Is Allowed to Order Medical Records?
In most cases, the only people allowed to access your medical records are someone who has been named on a records release form, or one of the persons or entities described earlier in this article.
If you are a patient's power of attorney or medical power of attorney, you will need to provide documents of proof as well as valid, government-issued identification. Even if you're applying for your own records you'll need to show your ID when you pick them up.
Getting Your St. Agnes Medical Center Records On Your Own
Here’s how you can get in touch with St. Agnes Medical Center to request your records:
|Saint Agnes Medical Center
c/o Health Information Management
1303 E. Herndon Ave.
Fresno, CA 93720
|Pick-up and drop-off location
|Saint Agnes Administrative Center
The Plaza, 1111 E. Spruce
Fresno, CA 93720
|St. Agnes Medical
Following are the steps you need to take to get copies of your medical records from St. Agnes in Fresno:
- Download, print, and fill out St. Agnes' Authorization for Release of Confidential Information form.
- Mail the completed release form to the address in the table.
- Wait approximately 10 days for the hospital to process your request.
- They'll call you, but you may need to follow up.
- Go to the physical address.
- You will be required to show proof of identification.
- If you have power of medical attorney, you will have to provide documentation of proof.
- You'll be invoiced for $0.10 per page. You must pay upon pickup.
If you are sending your records to a third party as mentioned above, you'll have to go through them to get physical copies for your personal records. Note that hospitals typically send abbreviated and/or redacted copies to non-medical professionals, so it's best to get copies through your own healthcare provider.
How to Get Your St. Agnes Records With DoNotPay
DoNotPay can help you circumnavigate St. Agnes' harsh medical record request process in just three easy steps:
- Search "Medical Records" on DoNotPay's website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you'd like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you'd like to send the records.
And that's it! Let us do the hard part for you! Chances are, you'll get your records mailed directly to you, but even if you are required to pick them up, you'll have saved time and a trip to the post office.
If St. Agnes Isn't Your Hospital...
Don't worry—we've got you covered! It doesn't matter which health care provider you need your records from. We'll get them, likely faster than you could on your own. Here are just a few of the healthcare systems from which we've retrieved our customer's health records:
Need Something Done? DoNotPay Can Help!
We don't just handle medical records. Think of us as your virtual assistant, helping you get done all the projects you've been putting off for fear of them being too much of a hassle, or too time-consuming. Here are just six of the hundreds of challenges we can take care of on your behalf:
- Find and get enrolled in clinical trials
- Save money on prescriptions
- Order official death certificate copies
- Get help paying your bills (medical and otherwise)
- Draft an advance health care directive
- Request sick leave
Let's get started with requesting your . There’s so much more DoNotPay can offer to help you save time, money, and effort. We think you'll love our app because we make things fast, easy, and even fun.