Can You Request Mercy Gilbert Medical Records?
Mercy Gilbert Medical Center is one of Arizona's best hospitals under the Dignity Health organization. It offers multiple services, including a family birth center, emergency room services, and diabetes management.
The medical health records department is open from Monday to Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm to offer services to patients requesting their health records from Mercy Gilbert. The request submitted in person, faxed, or emailed must include an authorization form from the patient and a power of attorney for a third-party representative.
Mercy Gilbert Medical Center ensures that every patient can easily access their medical records. However, you can let DoNotPay's Request Medical Records product submit your medical records request to Mercy Gilbert Medical Center while you focus on other things.
What Types of Medical Records are Restricted from Being Released?
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Arizona state laws provide that individuals are entitled to their own medical records and should have access to them at any time. However, this general law comes with exceptions, such that Mercy Gilbert Medical Center may need to withhold some of the records from the patient.
Some of the restricted medical records include:
- Psychotherapy notes
- Records prepared for use in a lawsuit
- Records with information that could jeopardize the safety or health of the patient or others
- If the patient requests that the hospital withhold some of the records from its family members or any other party.
- Records of a patient involved in a newsworthy case like violence
Such records may need further authorization and will only be released to an authorized party. For example, if the police need to access the medical records of a patient involved in a criminal case, they must have a warrant to allow them access.
How to Request Medical Records from Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
Whether you are moving to a new doctor, a new facility, or you simply want to have your medical records with you, the law allows you to contact your hospital and have the records prepared for you. Mercy Gilbert Medical Center has made the process quite easy for all its patients, and they can access them in a few weeks.
The medical records department is open all through the week and ready to serve the patients who need their medical records. Here's how to go about it.
- Get the authorization form from the medical records office and complete it. Better still, you can download the authorization form in English and Spanish online on Mercy Gilbert's medical records page.
- If you are a third-party representative, you can get the third-party authorization form and fill it too. Download the English and Spanish forms online.
- Submit the forms to the medical records office for your request to be processed. You can send them in via email.
Mercy Gilbert Medical Center may charge you a small fee for copying your medical records. The state of Arizona doesn't specify the exact charges a hospital may charge. So, once you submit your request, the hospital will get back to you with the charges and how to make them.
On the other hand, the hospital does not charge for records sent to another healthcare practitioner who will offer continued healthcare services to the patient and for records used to appeal for denial of benefits under the social security act.
If you need to contact Mercy Gilbert Medical Center on any issue concerning your medical records, you can do so through the following ways:
|Mercy Gilbert Medical Center Contact Information|
|Mailing Address||Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
3555 S. Val Vista Dr.
Gilbert, AZ, 85297
|Online Support||Contact Form|
How to Request Medical Records From Mercy Gilbert Medical Center With the Help of DoNotPay
If you are a patient at Mercy Gilbert Medical Center, accessing your medical records doesn't have to wear you out. DoNotPay can help you transfer your medical records to your new doctor and also get the copies sent to you.
Through DoNotPay's Request Medical Records product, you can access your medical records without hassle. Here's how it works:
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay's website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you'd like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you'd like to send the records.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your request for medical records to your health care provider within a few days, and you should have your records received within a few weeks!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Check out the following resources to see how else DoNotPay can help you:
- How to get Cleveland Clinic medical records
- Requesting Kaiser medical records
- How to request Mercy medical records
- Get your Baptist medical records easily
- How to access medical records release forms
- Learn how long medical records are kept
- Requesting electronic health records easily
- Fastest way to get your medical records
Check out DoNotPay's Request Medical Records product for more information.