A Super Handy Guide on MSKCC Clinical Trials
The Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) is an acclaimed cancer research center based in New York. It was established in 1884 and has expanded to seven branches in New York, New Jersey, and Long Island ever since.
Apart from providing their patients with the necessary care and education related to their disease, MSKCC also makes some big steps toward more advanced treatment solutions. The company performs a huge number of clinical trials that have contributed to the discovery of the most effective cancer therapies known to the whole world.
If you struggle with this illness, you should have a look at our guide and find out how to find clinical trials that align with your preferences. You will also learn what MSKCC clinical research looks like and why you should participate in clinical trials in this institution—all that without having to type “clinical trials near me” in Google!
What Are the Memorial Sloan Kettering Clinical Trials?
Did you know that only a few percent of cancer patients decide to give clinical studies and medical surveys a chance?
You can then imagine how much the search for a universal cure for this disease would change with more contributors. The MSKCC team is aware of this fact, which is why they keep organizing studies in all cancer type fields.
A clinical trial procedure in MSKCC consists of various experiments whose main goal is to confirm the safety of a certain medicine or treatment. This type of medical studies involves:
- Cancer patients who agree to undergo these tests
- Team of researchers who observe patients’ reactions and note main drug effects
Note that these studies aren’t paid clinical trials for healthy volunteers. Only the people suffering from a specific type of cancer are eligible for these procedures, and they don’t get to receive an incentive for their participation.
What Types of Clinical Trials Does MSKCC Perform?
The examination of cancer treatments in MSKCC involves more than one type of clinical trial. To determine all aspects of the therapy, the research team conducts:
- Screening clinical trials—these experiments test the ways of detecting cancer
- Diagnostic clinical trials—they help experts define and understand individual cases of cancer
- Cancer treatment clinical trials—they test new medicines or therapies that might cure this disease, but they may also involve the improvement of the existing treatments like radiation or chemotherapy
- Cancer prevention clinical trials—they examine the life aspects that people need to improve to prevent cancer from attacking them
- Quality-of-life clinical trials—they serve as a way of providing some comfort and solutions to cancer survivors and patients with this diagnosis
Phases of MSK Clinical Trials
The research team tries to determine the efficiency of the given medicine and the best method of drug consumption. They monitor the patients and note the changes and side effects that may emerge. This is the phase that carries the most risk, which is why the number of participants is usually small.
This phase examines the efficiency of the treatment on a larger number of participants—usually up to 100 people. Doctors divide patients into two groups and each group receives the treatment in a different way.
At this point, the research team starts comparing other types of cancer treatments with the one they are testing. They want to determine whether the tested one gives better results and if any benefits like improved life quality or alleviated symptoms are present at the given moment.
How To Find MSKCC Clinical Trials With DoNotPay
Not everyone likes searching for clinical studies manually, as it may be difficult to find the relevant ones. Why not let DoNotPay do that in your stead?
No scammers can trick us—our system shows only verified studies and helps you find clinical trials to your liking within minutes. A simple filter adjustment here and there and that’s it—you’re already on your way to your first MSKCC clinical trial!
To find the most suitable clinical research studies this way, follow these instructions:
- Run DoNotPay in any web browser
- Go to your profile page and select Clinical Trials
- Choose Get Started
- Type the name of the institution in the keyword box and add other parameters
- Pick a trial and click on View Study
- Go through the info provided by recruiters and click on Contact Now to apply for the study
The research team will revise your application and, if you match their preferences for that particular trial, they will contact you within several days.
How To Find MSKCC Clinical Trials on Your Own
No option is as efficient as DoNotPay when it comes to the clinical trial search, but you can always try to find MSKCC studies on some verified online platforms as well. You can see a couple of them in the table below:
Why You Should Consider Participating in MSKCC Clinical Studies
Apart from potential risks that every clinical trial carries, cancer clinical studies also have many benefits. Here are some of the advantages that might make your decision firmer and encourage you to apply for clinical research:
- Participation in such initiatives might improve your condition significantly, or even cure it
- The team will monitor your reactions closely and act quickly if you experience any unpleasant changes
- Participants in clinical trials might also influence other people’s future treatment quality and save many lives
- The process is much safer than surgeries or radiation—you might have fewer or no side effects upon using the tested medicine
- A document called informed consent protects you and provides you with all the study-related details. This means you will know what every step of the way entails
Ready To Rock Those Clinical Trials? Watch Even More Benefits Come Your Way!
We encourage you to search our rich clinical trial database for the studies within specific states such as Ohio, Texas, or Arizona. You can also apply for specific disease studies, including CBD, diabetes, or depression clinical trials.
Wait no more and explore all our tips for fighting unfair parking fines, dealing with high utility bills, and getting refunds for canceled and delayed flights from various airlines. All you need to do is to open DoNotPay in your web browser. Here’s a full list of all helpful features DoNotPay has for you:
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Freeing yourself from spam mail forever
- Stopping text spam
- Applying for other clinical trials
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Getting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights