How to Cancel Your Mercari Order
Nobody enjoys ordering something and then realizing they need to cancel it. Maybe you found something cheaper, or you realized you just don't have the money right now. Either way, canceling an order can be quite a hassle, especially if the company is vague about how you can do it. Even if some companies aren't vague about the process, they may still charge you a cancellation fee or only give you a partial refund for doing so. That being said, though, how do you
DoNotPay is there to help you cancel any order or reservation that you need to. Whether the process is vague or straightforward, they can help. Maybe it's too confusing, or you just don't have the time to deal with it; they're there to handle it for you. DoNotPay will always have your back.
How to Cancel Your Mercari Order
You can as long as it's done before the seller has shipped your item. However, sellers do have the option to deny your cancellation request. It seems a bit unfair, but that's just how the service works. Mercari says they try to make sure both the buyer and seller are treated fairly, but it's still up to the seller in the end unless a situation requires Mercari to step in.
To cancel an order:
- Find the "order status" of your order.
- Click "request cancellation" and choose a reason for the cancellation request.
- Mercari will confirm with the seller that they haven't shipped the item. They have 24 hours to respond to the cancellation request.
- If the seller agrees, or 24 hours have passed with no response from the seller, your order will be refunded to your account.
How to Get a Refund for Your Mercari Order
After you've received your purchase, you have three days to request a refund if the item didn't come as described. You can also review and rate the seller during those three days. However, once you've rated a seller, a refund cannot be requested.
To request a return:
- Select "get help" from the order status page. Then select "this is about returning my purchase," and then "I want to return my purchase."
- Select a reason for your return. This will also be shown to the seller.
- Provide details about the return and provide photos as proof of the defective item.
- The seller has 24 hours to respond to your request, and then Mercari will take care of the return if the seller doesn't respond.
Mercari Contact Information
|Phone Number||(888) 325-2168|
Is Mercari Being Difficult? Sue Them With DoNotPay
Companies like being difficult, and that's no secret to the public. They may try to keep up an image of being helpful and serving all of their customers individually, but most people aren't quite fooled by it. If a company isn't being helpful, you may want to escalate the issue and take them to small claims court. Mercari will likely try to settle out of court in order to protect their public image, but if you're not satisfied with their settlement offer, then don't be afraid to go through the entire process.
Going to court may sound scary, but it's better than being taken advantage of. Plus, DoNotPay knows exactly how to help. They're actually recognized by the American Bar Association's Louis M. Brown Award for Legal Access. They know exactly what they're doing, so you won't have to worry about a thing. They'll even give you a script to use at the court hearing!
Cancel Your Mercari Order With the Help of DoNotPay
Canceling an order is easy with DoNotPay. You don't have to deal with customer service or unhelpful store employees; all you have to do is answer a few questions, and DoNotPay will send Mercari a cancellation letter. It really is that easy! And DoNotPay can do this for nearly any other company too.
- Search for the Cancel Anything product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the name of the company you need to cancel your order/payment with.
- Answer a few questions about whatever you need to cancel so that we can compose a cancellation letter.
Once you submit the details, we'll work on composing a cancellation letter for you.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies
Mercari isn't the only company DoNotPay can help you cancel an order or reservation. So many things can come up in life that they're prepared to send a cancellation letter to almost any place you need them to, including:
And almost anywhere else you can think of. If you need to cancel an order or reservation, make sure you check out DoNotPay.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can do just about anything, whether it's canceling a Mercari order or getting you airline flight compensation. When you're in need, DoNotPay is there.
They can do things like;
- Help gets a burner phone
- Find free trials to participate in
- Help you jump the customer service phone queue
If you need something, DoNotPay is the place to go.