How To Recover Your Hacked LINE Account
With more than 182 million active monthly users worldwide, LINE has become a convenient way for friends and families to communicate.
Having poses risks such as sensitive information leakages and cyber thefts. It is LINE's responsibility to keep your data safe at all costs and prevent account hackings from happening. If a leak occurs, LINE should act immediately and help you recover your account as fast as you can.
However, this is rarely the case. LINE may fail to take the recommended steps to help recover your hacked account unless a third party is involved.
This is where comes in. We put legal pressure on companies by issuing a demand letter with a 2-week deadline for representatives to help recover hacked accounts. If they fail to do so, the matter proceeds to small claims court.
What is LINE and How Secure Is It?
Line is a free and secure messaging app established during the 2011 Japanese earthquake. The disaster destroyed normal communication channels. So, Naver, an internet company, needed a new way for its staff to communicate. This led to the creation of LINE.
Naver opened the platform to the public later that year, where it gained massive popularity across Asia. Today, LINE reports over 700 million users in 200+ countries across the world.
Soon after its establishment, LINE added end-to-end encryption. This boosted the application's privacy. However, these privacy measures do not work at all times, as witnessed in February 2020 when the company reported more than 4,200 hacks.
How To Tell If Your Line Account Was Hacked
These signs will inform you that your line account is hacked and needs immediate intervention.
- Outgoing messages you didn't send
- Mystery pop-ups
- Account suddenly becomes unavailable
- Unusual activities on accounts linked to your LINE application
- Leaks of confidential data and messages
- Money missing from your online account
How to Recover a Hacked LINE Account Yourself
Regardless of how careful you try to keep your sensitive information private, hacking can, and does, occur.
If you've experienced any of the above signs with your LINE account, it's best to take action immediately. Follow these steps to recover a hacked LINE account on your own:
Hackers will access your LINE account with ease if you have a weak password.
Try using a strong and unique password that's difficult to guess. Password managers like LastPass can generate hard to crack passwords to keep your data safe.
Secure Your Login Process
LINE has a two-factor authentication which ensures you're the actual owner of the LINE account you want to access. It works by:
- Requesting your login credentials
- Sending a unique code to your email or phone number, which you must key in to access the account.
Contact line on the spot whenever you notice suspicious activities on your account. They should help you lock out any hackers and recover your account.
Even though LINE should help recover your hacked account, oftentimes, they won't take the necessary steps unless pressured.
An alternative solution is seeking the help of . The platform puts legal pressure on companies like LINE by issuing demand letters. With this, the consumers' complaints are prioritized and taken seriously.
Recover Your LINE Account Using DoNotPay
If you want to recover your LINE account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Open the Recover Hacked Account product on DoNotPay and tell us the name of the company or platform of your hacked account.
- Enter the information associated with your account, such as your username.
- Tell us whether you have paid for the account and would like a refund.
- And that’s it! We will send a demand letter on your behalf with a two-week deadline for the company’s representatives to help you recover your account.
DoNotPay will send the demand letter on your behalf with a two-week deadline for their representatives to help you recover the account. If they don't, you can escalate the issue to small claims court.
DoNotPay can also help you recover these accounts if hacked:
Why Use DoNotPay to Recover your LINE Hacked Account?
Unlike LINE’s customer service, DoNotPay is:
- Fast: Recover your hacked LINE account in less than 2 weeks
- Convenient: Follow a few simple steps, then let us handle the rest
- Successful: Let us put legal pressure on LINE to accelerate the recovery process for your hacked account.
Sharing sensitive information with the public poses great risks to you and your family. Take control of your privacy today. Let issue a demand letter to LINE on your behalf to recover your hacked account now!