How to Get LADWP Bill Assistance in a Flash
According to Cision, 54 percent of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, with 21 percent struggling to pay their bills. Utilities are one area where consumers can find themselves particularly struggling, as failure to pay water or power bills can result in losing these vital services.
Customers of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power are no different from others around the country and may find themselves needing on occasion. Getting help paying your electric bill or water bill can often be a challenge or at least a hassle, but with DoNotPay, things have now gotten a whole lot simpler.
Let's take a look at some different ways you might be able to lower or otherwise get assistance with your LADWP bill.
Check For Errors in Your LADWP Bill
One way to make sure your is as low as possible is to look your bill over carefully. Here are some questions to keep in mind:
- Does the meter reading on the bill match what is stated on your meter?
- Have you been properly credited for previous payments?
- Are you getting all the discounts that you are owed?
- Are you getting charged for special services that you don't actually use or need?
The possibility of an error on your bill is always there, and you're the person in the best position to catch it. If you spot something strange, get in touch with LADWP right away for clarification.
Programs That Can Help With Your LADWP Bill
There are many programs that can help low-income individuals save money on their LADWP bill, such as:
- EZ-Save Low-Income Customer Assistance Program
- Senior Citizen/Disability Lifeline Rate
- Life Support Equipment Discount
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- Physician Certified Allowance Discount
- Customer to Customer Assistance Fund
- Serving our Seniors
Ask For an Extension for Your LADWP Bill
LADWP offers ways to make it easier to stay on top of your utility bill. These include payment plans and extensions. Plans come in different types, and you can choose the one that works best for you.
|15% Initial Payment / 6 Months Pay Plan
|25% Initial Payment / 8 Months Pay Plan
|10% Initial Payment / 12 Months Pay Plan
Customers must meet the following criteria before they are eligible for a payment plan:
- Not enrolled in Automatic Payment Service (cancel before creating plan)
- Not have a negative balance.
- Not currently have an active Pay Plan or Payment Arrangement
- No combination of commercial and residential service addresses on the account
Ask For a Waiver on Late Fees for Your LADWP Bill
In certain situations, you may be able to request a waiver on late fees for your water and light bill. There are different ways in which one can attempt to request this waiver. You might want to consider, for example:
- Talking to an LADWP representative in person
- Calling customer service at 1-800-DIAL-DWP
- Sending a letter so that you have official documentation of your request
- Consulting with an attorney
All of these options can take valuable time as you sort through just how to navigate them, however.
How to Negotiate Your LADWP Bill On Your Own
As you can see from the above, there are a number of different ways to save money on your LADWP power bill (or get it paid off) if you know where to look and how to ask. Keeping track of the possibilities can be daunting, however.
As just a small example of the approaches you can take, take a look at this list:
- Ask for a discount
- Ask for a payment plan
- Ask for an extension date for your LADWP bill
- Ask for a waiver on late fees for your LADWP bill
- Talk to a consumer rights advisor
- Apply for a loan
- Pay your LADWP bill with your credit card (but be careful about possibly ruining your credit)
Get LADWP Assistance With DoNotPay
The possibilities for dealing with your LADWP bill can easily start to seem overwhelming. Thankfully, DoNotPay is available to make your job much simpler. With DoNotPay, you can get in just a few clicks. All you need to do is the following:
- Go to the Negotiate Bills product on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want us to call and negotiate your bill for you or send a bill negotiation letter on your behalf.
- Provide the details that will help us negotiate your bill including the company name and how much your current plan costs.
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
Leave all the work to DoNotPay! We'll fight for a lower bill for you.
DoNotPay Offers Assistance With All Types of Bills
DoNotPay can assist you with many types of bills related questions, not just your LADWP bill. For example, DoNotPay can help you with:
- Internet bills
- Light bills
- Gas bills
- Cell phone bills
- Accessing grants to pay bills
- Learning about the consequences for not paying medical bills
Give DoNotPay a try today to see all the ways in which it can make your life easier!