4 Steps To Get Help With PPL Bill
About a third of American households struggle to pay their energy bills. If you are one of the many Americans who have to choose a cooling/heating system and other utilities, life must be very challenging. But did you know you could ?
You do not have to suffer as PPL provides various options for customers who require help paying electricity bills. Although most customers have heard about PPL electric bill help, some do not know where to start when applying for assistance.
In this article, you will learn how you can apply for assistance in paying your PPL bills, how to take advantage of a company's payment plans, and find grants to pay your bills. You can apply for assistance on your own by following the PPL help with the bill process. However, if you find doing all this by yourself a bit time-consuming, you can use the DoNotPay automated platform and submit your application in a few simplified steps.
Understanding Your PPL Bill
Reading and understanding your helps you to take control of your power consumption as well as rule out any errors. However, you do not have to read the entire bill. Focus on the charges listed below:
|Previous Account Balance
|There should always be zero if you pay your bills on time.
|This is your electricity consumption measured in kilowatt-hours or kWh. You can control this portion by using your electric energy sparingly.
|Late Payment Charges
|An extra charge when you don’t pay your bills on time.
|Government taxes also affect your bill.
|This is the sum of all the charges.
The meter reading can either be Actual (abbreviated on your bill as Act) or or Est, which means the reading is an estimate. Actual reading should reconcile with your meter reading as per the indicated date. The estimated reading should be corrected in the next bill.
How to Get Help Paying PPL Bill
PPL has a plan that allows eligible customers to pay lower fixed monthly payments known as OnTrack bills. You can check your qualifications from their Payment Plan page. If you qualify for the plan, PPL pays part of your bill if the actual bill exceeds the OnTrack fixed payment. Here is how the plan works:
- Qualified customers are given a credit of between $1,310 to $4,027
- The difference between the actual bill and the OnTrack bill is deducted from the credits
- Once the customer exhausts the credit amount, they are moved to another credit bracket
What Happens If You Don't Pay Your PPL Bill?
PPL has three methods of dealing with late payments:
- Debt forgiveness: the plan writes of the defaulted amount if the customer makes on-time payments for 18 months
- Payment plan: Customers struggling with paying their electricity bills can enter into a payment agreement with the company. The arrangement allows customers to push the due date ahead or make small payments spread over time
- Termination of supply: The company can terminate supply after a ten-day written notice. However, you can still contact the company for a payment plan before termination
Ask for an Extension Date for Your PPL Bill
If you are behind on your monthly payments, you can request an extension of the payment date. You can request the extension on your own by writing to PPL or calling customer care. You can also use the DoNotPay platform to request an extension.
Ask for A Waiver On Late Fees for PPL Bill
You do not have to burden yourself with late fee payment charges. You can apply for a waiver by:
- Writing to PPL
- Calling customer care at call 1-800-342-5775
- Using the DoNotPay platform to request for the waiver
How to Request for Help With PPL Bill by Yourself
You can only apply for the OnTrack credits online. To apply for the bill assistance program, visit the application page and login with your PPL account details. If you do not have an account, you can also create one and use it to apply for OnTrack credits. Ensure you are eligible before making an application.
Although the application process looks simple and straightforward, it can take too much of your time. Mistakes in filing the application forms could also deny you assistance. However, you can simplify the process and make it successful by requesting assistance through DoNotPay.
How to Request PPL Bill Assistance with DoNotPay?
If you want to and do not know where to start, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Negotiate Bills product on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want us to call and negotiate your bill for you or send a bill negotiation letter on your behalf.
- Provide the details that will help us negotiate your bill including the company name and how much your current plan costs.
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
Leave all the work to DoNotPay! We'll fight for a lower bill for you.
Why Use DoNotPay to Request PPL Bill Help
If you are thinking of applying for a PPL bill help, DoNotPay should be your first option. The platform provides a fast, easy, and successful method of applying for PPL bill assistance.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies, Entities, and Groups With the Click of a Button
DoNotPay not only gets you help for your PPL bills but also find assistance or negotiate to lower your: