Score the Lowest Price With the IKEA Price Adjustment Policy
IKEA is a furniture retail giant with over 390 stores across the globe. It prides itself in a family-like set up it has created for its customers while offering all household furniture items at competitive prices. The allows many everyday customers to make huge savings on products.
Since IKEA products are designed and created in-house, it's difficult for the company to match prices with other retailers. So the price adjustment policy applies to products bought on IKEA at a certain price but the price drops within a certain period after the purchase.
While you can always apply for a refund of the price difference, it's exhausting to keep checking for any price changes before the set period expires. However, product can help you check for price changes and send a refund request on your behalf.
Does IKEA Have a Price Adjustment Policy?
Yes. IKEA has a price adjustment policy that allows its customers to request a partial refund on items if they drop in price within 45 days (for regular customers) and 90 days for IKEA family members. Unfortunately, IKEA doesn't notify customers when prices drop, so anyone who would want to request for price adjustment would have to track the price changes by themselves.
Different factors like inflation and other changes contribute to frequent price adjustments. So it's important to keep checking for any changes that may favor you.
The price adjustment policy doesn't work on items sold in competitor stores, so you should only track prices for products sold on IKEA only.
Here's a summary of the price adjustment policy.
|Time-frame:||Within 45 days of purchase for regular customers and 90 days for IKEA Family members.|
|Price Matches:||Products sold in IKEA only|
|Exclusions:||Items sold second-hand by IKEA, any modified item after purchase, custom kitchen countertops, all bedroom linen products like duvets, pillows, pillow tops, sheets, and any cut fabrics.|
|Where to redeem:||In-store at any IKEA store or contact customer support online to submit your request.|
IKEA's Price Adjustment Policy Details
IKEA promises a price adjustment or price protection guarantee to all its customers, whether they are members of the IKEA family program or not. It also allows customers to match prices on the online store with those in a physical store.
The product catalog is tweaked every month to match prices on online and offline stores so that the website and the stores indicate the same prices.
According to IKEA's price adjustment policy, not all items qualify for price adjustment. Such products include
- Second-hand items sold by IKEA
- Items modified after purchase
- Bedroom linen products like sheets, duvets, pillows, and pillow tops.
- Custom kitchen countertops
- Cut fabrics
How to Request for IKEA Price Adjustment by Yourself
Once you buy an item at IKEA, keep your receipt and keep track of the item's price in an IKEA store. Since the prices are revised often, you may find that the product is selling at a much lower price than the amount you paid for it.
Also, IKEA insists on offering low prices and long periods for price adjustment so that more customers can enjoy lower prices on different items.
If you find a similar item with the one you bought selling at a lower price, you can submit your partial refund request at any IKEA store or online at IKEA's customer support. You'll need to provide the following.
- Proof of purchase such as the receipt
- Proof of the lower price on an IKEA store
- Your IKEA family card – if you are a member.
Once you submit your request, IKEA will verify your claims and refund you the amount difference if you qualify.
How to Request for IKEA Price Adjustment with the Help of DoNotPay
Since the company doesn't alert anyone when prices change, you may have difficulty tracking the price changes. You may end up missing out on it as the period may expire before you know it.
However, through , you can easily track IKEA's price changes and request a refund of the price difference as soon as possible. Here is how it works.
- Search for Price Match on DoNotPay and select the product.
- Select whether you were charged more than the advertised price or if you believe you are eligible for a price match.
- Provide the name of the product you purchased so we can see if it qualifies for a price adjustment. If you believe your desired item is qualified for a price match, we’ll double-check for you.
If you haven’t already, make sure to include that DoNotPay can also:
- Find the Best Deals - DoNotPay can also help you find the cheapest price available for your desired purchase! Just use the Find the Best Deals service to have us find the best deals for your item. We’ll send you the top 3 lowest prices we find for your item.
- Deals and Coupons - DoNotPay can also help you find relevant promo codes redeemable at [company]. Just use the Deals and Coupons service to have us scan the web for active coupon codes.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can also help you find the best deals on your different purchases through the Find the Best Deals and Deals and Coupons product.
You can also get price matches from the following:
- Best Buy
- Home Depot
- Other stores that price match
Check out DoNotPay's Price Match product for more information!