How to Recover a Hacked Hulu Account
Why would anyone ? To watch movies and TV for free, of course. Sometimes, these hacks are subtle logins to use your account while you still have control - with the goal to get as much free TV as possible while you foot the bill. Other times, they want to outright steal your account until you realize and cancel the payment - or get your account back.
Fortunately, you can both defend your Hulu account from hacking freeloaders and get back a hacked Hulu account if the email and password have been changed. If you try to go through the normal customer service channels with no luck, however, DoNotPay is here to help you restore your Hulu account to your control with your viewing history and connected financial account safe from hacker interference.
How To Tell If Your Hulu Account Was Hacked
- Your login information was changed / you can't log into your Hulu account
- Another profile is added to your account
- "Andy's iPhone" connects to your Hulu account
- This is a known Hulu hack going around, for some reason often signed with the same device name
- You see a viewing history that is not your own
- You see unexpected charges or account upgrades
What to Do If Your Hulu Was Hacked
There are two ways your Hulu account can be hacked: with or without blocking you out of the account. If you still have access, you can quickly take action and prevent the hacker from logging in again to make changes or cost you money. If they have changed your email and password, you will need to both go through the email restoration process and speak to customer service to have your account restored.
If You Still Have Access
- Change Your Password
- create a new Hulu password - one could not have been stolen from another compromised account
- Secure Your Email Address
- Change your email password, just to be safe, to ensure the hacker can't use your email to take the account.
- Monitor the Account
- Keep an eye on any future signs of unauthorized access, use, or charges.
If Your Password/Email Has Been Changed
If you can't log into your Hulu account, chances are the hacker has changed the email and password so that you won't even receive a recovery email. To remedy this, you'll need to go through a two-step process that relies on a cooperative Hulu admin on the other side.
- Go through the "forgot email" verification route
- First, click "forgot email" when you try and fail to log in.
- This will ask you several personal questions based on your account and history to verify that you are the account owner.
- Through this route, you can verify that the hacker has changed your email, but may still be unable to log in.
- Get on the phone with Hulu support
- Next, you'll need to get on the phone with Hulu support to have your account restored using the information you have.
- call 1 (888) 265-6650 for Hulu customer support
- Let them know what happened and walk through verifying your identity as the account owner (again)
- The customer service rep may choose to restore your login credentials to the original
- If extra costs have been charged, they may or may not allow you to ask for a refund.
- Change Your Password
- If you do get your account back, make sure to set that brand new password so the hacker can't come right back using the same credentials.
How to Recover Your Hacked Hulu Account With the Help of DoNotPay
Has your Hulu account been accessed by an unauthorized user? Are there charges for paid content or an upgraded Hulu subscription that you don't create? Have you been blocked from logging into your account? If so, your and DoNotPay is here to help.
If Hulu customer support chooses not to verify your account - or to provide you a remedy in a reasonable amount of time - you can rely on DoNotPay to speed the process along and make sure you regain control of your hacked Hulu account before any further damage is done.
How to Recover Your Hacked Account Using DoNotPay:
If you want to recover your gaming account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Open the Recover Hacked Account product on DoNotPay and tell us the name of the company or platform of your hacked account.
- Enter the information associated with your account, such as your username.
- Tell us whether you have paid for the account and would like a refund.
- And that’s it! We will send a demand letter on your behalf with a two-week deadline for the company’s representatives to help you recover your account.
We can help you recover hacked accounts for:
DoNotPay Can Help You Recover Any Hacked Account
Have other accounts of yours been compromised using a password in common? DoNotPay can help you recover any hacked account on any website or service. Just let us know and we'll take care of the rest.
|Fast||You don’t have to spend hours trying to recover your account.|
|Easy||You don’t have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps to recover your hacked accounts.|
|Successful||You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you.|
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
How else can we make your life easier and remove headaches from your to-do list? As an online service, DoNotPay offers a wide range of services that you may find useful in addition to restoring your hacked Hulu account.
- How to Cancel Any Account
- Copyright Protection
- File a Complaint
- Appeal a Banned Account
- Small Claims Court
Has your Hulu account been recently hacked? DoNotPay can help you restore control of your Hulu account and even take measures to reverse any charges made by the hacker while they were stealing your digital television access!