How To Regain Acces To Your Hacked TikTok Account
TikTok is a newer addition to the social media world and has 800 million active global users. It has been downloaded over 1.5 billion times on the App Store and Google Play. It is currently the world's most valuable start-up. With the number of users and attention TikTok has received since it formed, its users are bound to occasionally fall victim to hacking.
Has your ? There's no reason to worry! DoNotPay has answers to your questions about your account being hacked and what you should do if this happens. This guide will walk you through what happens when your account gets hacked and the steps you should take to protect your information and prevent it from happening again.
What to Do If Your TikTok Account Gets Hacked
Because your TikTok account is tied to your email address, you will receive an email from TikTok any time they notice from a new computer or device. If you receive a notification that your account has been signed in to from a device that you don't recognize, be sure to go to your TikTok app and check your settings right away. Your account may have been hacked if you notice any of these changes:
- Your account password or phone number has been changed.
- Your account username or nickname has been changed.
- Videos have been deleted or posted without your permission.
- Messages that you did not write were sent from your account.
If you do not recognize or did not personally make these changes, you can follow these steps to start protecting your account:
- Click the three dots in the top right corner of your app
- Choose to reset your password
- Set up Two-Factor Authentication by adding your phone number
- Remove any suspicious devices that have signed in to your account
What If Your TikTok Password/Username Has Been Changed?
If you notice that your personal information, such as your password or username, has been changed and you did not authorize or initiate these changes yourself, it is likely your password has been hacked. If your username or password has even changed, you may no longer be able to get into your account. If you have received an email from TikTok notifying you of a suspicious sign-in on a different device, there will be a link to change your password in this email. If you did not receive this email but you have noticed these changes, you can:
- Go to your account sign-in page
- Enter your username or email address
- Select Forgot password and a link to reset your password will be emailed to you
From here, TikTok will send you an email with a link to change your password. From this point, it is wise to pick a new password that cannot easily be guessed and also set up Two-Factor Authentication if you have not done so already.
It is understandably very frustrating when your personal accounts get hacked. Sometimes the best you can do is add as much security as possible to prevent these things from happening. Trying to follow the steps when you're locked out of a personal account can be daunting or time-consuming. Fortunately, you don't have to try to navigate this task by yourself. DoNotPay has a Recover Hacked Accounts product that can help you easily and successfully recover your hacked accounts on your behalf.
DoNotPay Can Help You
If your TikTok account has been hacked, there is no need to panic. Whether you've noticed a suspicious sign-in or if the information has actually been changed, there are steps you can take to recover your account. Enlist the help of DoNotPay and we will get you back into your hacked account as soon as possible.
How to recover your TikTok account using DoNotPay:
If you want to recover your hacked account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Open the Recover Hacked Account product on DoNotPay and tell us the name of the company or platform of your hacked account.
- Enter the information associated with your account, such as your username.
- Tell us whether you have paid for the account and would like a refund.
- And that’s it! We will send a demand letter on your behalf with a two-week deadline for the company’s representatives to help you recover your account.
DoNotPay can get you access to almost any of your hacked accounts. You can use DoNotPay's Account Hacked product to help with:
Why Use DoNotPay to Recover Your Hacked TikTok Account
- It’s fast: Don’t waste any more time going roundabout the processes to recover your TikTok account.
- It’s easy: All it takes is three easy steps, no more tedious forms to fill in to prove that your TikTok Account has been hacked.
- It has a great success rate: Hacking is a very common experience these days, so be one of the thousands that DoNotPay has successfully helped in recovering their accounts.
What Else Can DoNotPayDo?
In addition to helping you get back into your hacked accounts, DoNotPay has many products and services to take the hard work out of everyday tasks. We can also help you:
- Appeal banned accounts
- Understand copyright protection
- Cancel any service or subscription
- File a complaint against any company
- Sue anyone in small claims court
Sign up for DoNotPay today to learn what our services can do for you!