How to Delete Kakao Account the Easy Way
People have a tendency to want to change their minds about some of the accounts they have and eventually want to delete them. Companies keep a lot of data on their customers and if you don't want to use a site anymore, deleting your account helps ensure they don't keep your data. We'll show you if you don't want to use their Internet service anymore.
It is especially important to delete your account with social media companies because they have a lot of personal information about you on file. You may also want to delete unused email or social media accounts. DoNotPay can help you delete all of these accounts easily.
How to Delete Kakao Account on Your Own
Kakao allows users to delete their accounts themselves, but it's not as straightforward of a process as you might want it to be. Kakao offers different services—including Kakao Talk, Kakao Story, and Kakao Games—and before you can you need to unregister from all the Kakao services that you use.
Here's what's involved in deleting your Kakao account:
- When you unregister from Kakao Talk and Kakao Story, your Kakao Account will also be deleted—as long as you don't have any other services linked to your Kakao Account.
Note that your account won't be deleted immediately if it would result in financial issues or impact other people's use of Kakao services, even if you don't have any other services linked to your Kakao account.
- You can delete your Kakao Account through the Delete Kakao Account page, to which you have access after unregistering from Kakao Talk and Kakao Story.
If you get a message that your account won't be deleted after unregistering from those services, you may delete your account from the Delete Kakao Account page.
- If you have unregistered from Kakao Talk and Kakao Story, your Kakao account can be deleted by clicking a link on the Help page.
- You will receive an account deletion email after deleting your account, but if you can't receive the email because you have already deleted the account, you must go to Delete Kakao Account > Confirm Your Kakao Account Email > Edit Email, and change your email address to receive the email.
Methods You Can Use to Delete Your Kakao Account
Here is a table that illustrates methods through which you can or cannot delete your Kakao account:
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
Why You Should Delete Your Kakao Account
If you decide to stop using your Kakao account, you should delete the account ASAP because Kakao keeps your data for up to four years of inactivity before deleting your data and personal information from their servers. With identity theft a real problem, you don't want to have your data at more sites than you have to, and you don't want it sitting around on their servers for four years. You don't know how protected your information is.
How Complicated It Is to Delete a Kakao Account
As you read earlier, it can be complicated to delete your Kakao account. There are a number of caveats that can prevent the account from being deleted immediately, including if it would impact other people's use of Kakao's services—whatever that means. But there is a better, and easier way of doing it. That is to let DoNotPay delete the account for you.
Delete Your Kakao Account With the Help of DoNotPay
If you're thinking about deleting your Kakao account because you forgot your password, there's no need to delete your account. DoNotPay can help you recover your password. But if you truly want to delete your account, we can certainly help with that.
If you want to delete your account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete Your Kakao Account
Using DoNot Pay to delete your Kakao account is the smart way to go.
- It's fast because we've been helping people delete old accounts for years and we know what we're doing.
- It's easy because we do all the hard work for you.
- You know we'll be successful in deleting the account because it's what we do and we have a lot of clients that can vouch for the efficiency of our service.
DoNotPay Works Across all Companies With the Click of a Button
Kakao is far from the only company whose account we can help you delete. There are a number of others as well. Click below to find out how DoNotPay can help you delete your accounts on:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay offers an entire suite of services to help you. Here's just a sampling of what else we can do for you:
- Help unban your account with various sites
- Help you manage subscriptions
- Get free trials without getting charged
- File a complaint against any company
Be sure to to find out more.