How to Delete Your Chime Account Without The Hassle
When Chime launched its "fee-free" banking app, over 10 million people downloaded this exciting new banking option. However, just like any other new app, you may have decided that Chime isn't for you. If you're now wondering you may have noticed that Chime's website doesn't really have the answer. Don't worry—we have the answer.
What to Do Before Closing Your Chime Account
Unfortunately, the first step in deleting your Chime account is to make sure your account is able to be deleted in the first place. Even though Chime's major selling point is the promise of no overdraft fees, you may face surprise issues when trying to close your account, especially if you have a negative balance or a pending investigation on your account.
To be allowed to cancel your Chime account, you must first check a few things:
- Check to see what your account balance is. If it's positive, transfer your money to another account. If it's negative, you must first pay back this balance before you are allowed to delete your account.
- Verify that you don't have any pending investigations against your account. You should be able to see this on your account dashboard.
- Make sure you are the owner of the account.
- Unlink your bank accounts from your Chime account to avoid any surprise charges.
After verifying those few things, you now should be able to close your Chime account.
How to Delete Chime Account Without Help
There are plenty of valid reasons to want to delete your account, like wanting to protect your privacy, changing your mind about using Chime, or having a specific issue with the app. No matter what your reason is, it should be easy to delete your account when you no longer want to use it. Chime should make it easy, but unfortunately, it doesn't.
To , you have to email Chime customer support. Here is how you can approach this tedious and frustrating process:
- Follow instructions from the previous section to make sure your account is ready to be deleted.
- Start an email draft addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Put "Account Deletion Request" as the email subject line.
- In the body of the email, explain clearly and concisely that you want to delete your Chime account.
- Include all relevant account information, including your name, email, phone number, account number, and any other identifying information, to make sure they know what account you are referring to.
- Send the email and wait for a response.
- If they have not gotten back to you after 48 hours, try calling Chime customer service at 1 (844) 244-6363 to ask for your account status.
Ways to Delete and Cancel Your Chime Account
Have Another Account Problem?
If you have another issue with your Chime account, like a forgotten password or account suspension, there may be a better solution rather than deleting your account. Instead, DoNotPay can help you:
The Better Way to Delete Your Chime Account Using DoNotPay
If you want to delete old accounts, like Chime, but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails/phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Why Should I Use DoNotPay to Delete My Chime Account?
Chime does not make it easy to delete your account. To do it the normal way, you have to jump through hoops, write an email letter, cross your fingers, and hope for the best. DoNotPay offers something better.
With DoNotPay, you just have to follow 7 simple steps. No writing an email, no contacting support, and no worrying about if it will work or not. DoNotPay's method is fast, easy, and successful. It's the stress-free way to delete your Chime account.
Delete All Unwanted Accounts Through DoNotPay
Have another account you want to delete? DoNotPay's simple method works across many companies, platforms, and accounts. Without much time or effort for you, delete your Instagram, Amazon, and many more accounts, including:
What Else Can DoNotPay Solve?
DoNotPay offers more than account deletions. From burner phones to property taxes, DoNotPay is here to solve your problems. With each DoNotPay product, expect fast, easy, and successful service.
Here are just a few other things DoNotPay can solve for you:
To delete your chime account—or do many other things—the easier way, for DoNotPay.