How to Cancel Your Postmates Order Easily
Postmates is a food ordering app that enables you to place an order, pay for service and delivery, and get your order within a limited time. While the service is convenient, knowing how to cancel a Postmates order can save you money should you change your mind.
Postmates allows their customers to cancel orders, although this can be time-consuming and at times impossible.
Fortunately, DoNotPay's Cancel Anything product can come to your rescue, allowing you to cancel your order with a minimum of fuss.
Can I Cancel a Postmates Order?
There is minimal to no issue if a customer wishes to cancel an order that has been scheduled for later. You are likely to be refunded the full amount with no difficulties. The same applies if you quickly cancel your order.
The challenge arises when you make cancellations after the restaurant has started preparing your order or the courier is on their way with the package. You will have to pay for the food and cancellation costs in such a case because the company has to cover the expenses incurred by the restaurant and courier.
It is advisable to understand how Postmates works and the various outcomes that accrue as a result of your cancellation.
How to Cancel Postmates Order
You can cancel your Postmates through emails, Postmates app, the app store, or the company's website.
Canceling Postmates orders as an App for both iPhone and Android devices involves the following steps:
- On the Postmates app on either of the devices, click on your profile icon in the top-left corner.
- Click on the recent orders to search for the order you wish to cancel, then click on the exact order.
- Scroll to the bottom part of your screen to view your order status
- At the bottom of the order information menu, click Help.
- In the pop-up menu, click cancel the order
- Give a reason for the cancellation
- Review the information about the cost you will incur and proceed to click cancel the order if sure of your decision.
How to Cancel a Postmates Order and Receive a Full or Partial Repayment
- Search for an order status page on your device, then click on Help. It is essential to understand that a fast order cancellation may waive all fees.
- On the menu that pops up, tap cancel the order.
- Give your reason for canceling your order, then click on continue
- Confirm with cancel delivery, noting the amount you will still incur. If you have to cancel the preparation of the food, then you should make full repayment. However, you will not get a full refund if you select cancel delivery on order.
How to Get Repayment on Postmates on an iPhone for Missing Items
Postmates permit you to get a refund on an order that had problems. For instance, if you receive a sandwich that has crumbled to pieces, you have the option of requesting repayment from Postmates through the following steps
- Open your app on your iPhone device
- Visit your order history page, designated by a clock icon.
- Select the order that you want to request a refund for
- Choose item damaged or incorrect as the reason for the refund.
- The platform will ask you to select your problem from among the 3 choices. You also can type your concern by just clicking on something else.
How to Get Repayment on Postmates on an Android for Missing Items
- Open the app on your Android device
- Navigate to settings and click on deliveries
- Click contact support
- Choose which order you wish to be refunded for
- Choose item damaged or incorrect
- The platform will ask you to choose which concern you had and give you the option of typing your issue.
Postmates Contact Information
You may contact the company through the following:
Potential Problems When Canceling Postmates Order
The steps for canceling Postmates orders may seem straightforward, but they are prone to delays since requests have to be channeled to the company's customer service center.
Therefore, your request may take a while before it is actualized. It is also upon you to follow up and provide evidence of your cancellation should such a need arise.
You can avoid all these challenges by simply using DoNotPay to make cancellations for Postmates orders. Our platform is fast, easy, and convenient for all customers.
Use DoNotPay to Help Cancel Your Postmates Order
- Log-in to DoNotPay and search for the Manage Subscriptions product.
- Provide the name of the subscription service you want to cancel.
- Provide your account details such as email address and username.
Once you submit the details, we’ll work on canceling your subscription! We’ll even try to get a refund on your behalf.
We also help you with cancellations on payments on the following platforms:
DoNotPay can also assist you in canceling orders from:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
We can also help you deal with:
Sign up with us to cancel products or services you no longer require and let us save you time and money.