Everything You Need to Know About Groupon's Price Match Policy
Groupon is a margin-led e-commerce platform that connects merchants to customers within their locality. It's a popular site among large companies offering different goods and services. It provides a great marketing platform where they can sell their products at a discounted price while generating leads to their main website.
Groupon regulates the prices of items sold on the platform and offers huge discounts on most of them. However, the company does not offer a to any of its competitors but can offer price adjustment on products sold on the platform if the price drops. It compensates for that through coupons and discount codes that cut prices by up to 70%.
Deals are not the same on Groupon, and they can fluctuate at any time. If the price drops, you may be lucky to get a partial refund – it's not a guarantee – but it won't hurt to try. It means that you have to keep track of the price changes after you purchase a product. DoNotPay can help with that and also help you send a price adjustment request to Groupon's customer support.
Does Groupon Price Match?
No. The company does not offer a to any of its competitors. Most Groupon sales are heavily discounted in a bid to show up as the best price offering place for their customers. To make this happen, Groupon instills strict policies on any merchants selling on their platform such that Groupon regulates the prices of the items.
Fortunately, Groupon may allow price adjustment on some products if the price drops within 30 days after purchase. Items likely to be accepted for price adjustment must meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Items must be identical in shape, color, size, brand, and model number.
- You must have a certificate of the original purchase as authorized by Groupon.
- The item must be in perfect condition.
- Your request must be submitted within 30 days after your purchase.
What Other Pricing/Discount Policies Does Groupon Offer?
Groupon thrives on discounts and coupons as some discounts go as deep as 70%. Such deals are great and can help you save big on your most preferred products and services. Some of the discount policies available on Groupon include:
- Coupon codes – Groupon offers coupon and promo codes on every purchase, which they can redeem on other popular retailers like Nordstrom and Macy's. In addition, almost every item and service are discounted on Groupon.
- Gift Cards – You can send a card with a coupon code to someone and let them enjoy huge discounts with the help of Groupon.
- Gift Shop – Groupon offers huge discounts on any holiday booked through Groupon. Services are heavily discounted.
- Select Student Program – Students get a 25% discount on food and drinks for six months and a 15% discount on all local deals.
Here's a summary of Groupon's discount program:
Alternatives to Groupon That Offer Price Matching
Here are some e-commerce platforms like Groupon that price matches their competitors to give their customers better deals:
These other e-commerce platforms allow you to get better deals than those on Groupon while still offering a price match guarantee. The price match guarantee allows you to compare prices of similar items on different participating stores and match it on the site.
How to Get the Best Deals on Groupon With the Help of DoNotPay
While Groupon is the largest e-commerce platform offering huge discounts on products, it doesn't mean that it has great deals all the time. Sometimes, prices on different products inflate while others go down. Finding the best deals may not be too easy.
However, through DoNotPay's Price Match product, you can get great deals on Groupon as well as send price adjustment requests for a product selling at a lower price than when you bought it.
Here's how DoNotPay can help.
- Search for Price Match on DoNotPay and select the product.
- Select whether you were charged more than the advertised price or if you believe you are eligible for a price match.
- Provide the name of the product you purchased so we can see if it qualifies for a price adjustment. If you believe your desired item is qualified for a price match, we’ll double-check for you.
If you haven’t already, make sure to include that DoNotPay can also:
- Find the Best Deals - DoNotPay can also help you find the cheapest price available for your desired purchase! Just use the Find the Best Deals service to have us find the best deals for your item. We’ll send you the top 3 lowest prices we find for your item.
- Deals and Coupons - DoNotPay can also help you find relevant promo codes redeemable at Groupon. Just use the Deals and Coupons service to have us scan the web for active coupon codes.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send a letter to the company notifying the staff of the legal or Terms of Service violation and demanding a refund for the amount you were overcharged. You should hear back from the company within two weeks.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay has the Find the Best Deals and Deals and Coupons product to help you get better deals anytime you shop. In addition, DoNotPay's product spans across different companies, so you can get the best deals offered in multiple companies.
You can also get the best price-matching deals on different retailers, such as:
- Best Buy
- Home Depot
- Other stores that price match
Check out DoNotPay's Price Match product for more information and get started.