How To Recover Your Hacked Google Wallet Account In 3 Easy Steps
When you set up your Google Wallet account, the possibility of a Google wallet account hack was likely the last thing on your mind. But even with Google's solid reputation and extensive security measures in place, no one is immune to today's savvy hackers.
If your , try not to panic. Thanks to DoNotPay, you no longer have to spin your wheels tracking down support channels and information. Read on to find out how you can quickly restore your Google Wallet account in 3 easy steps.
What Should You Do If Your Google Wallet Account Was Hacked?
A Google Wallet account hack can be shocking, frustrating, and anxiety-provoking. But after you learn an account is hacked, try to stay calm and focus on resolving the situation as quickly as possible to prevent any theft or damage. Here are some measures you can take on your own if your Google Wallet account was hacked.
Phase One: Try To Sign In To Your Account
If you are unable to sign in, go to the Account Recovery page and try your best to answer each question that appears. You should also use the Account Recovery page if a hacker completely deleted your account or changed any of your contact details on your account.
Phase Two: Take Measures To Secure Your Account
Once you are successfully signed in, take a few minutes to conduct a complete review of your account. This phase accomplishes two important goals: You can uncover any suspicious activity on your account and you can secure your account. Here is what you need to do:
- 1: On your Google account page, select 'Security' from the choices on the left navigation panel.
- 2: Go to the 'Recent Security Events' panel.
- 3: Select, 'Review Security Events.'
- 4: Look for any strange activity or purchases you did not authorize.
- 5: If you discover an activity you did not authorize, then select, 'No, it wasn't me.' Or, if you did authorize the activity, then select 'Yes.'
Phase Three: Take Additional Security Measures
Once your account is secured, it's time to beef up your security measures to help prevent future hacking. Google recommends taking the following steps to deter fraud and hacking:
- Change or reset your password right away
- Turn on 2-Step Verification
- Call your bank to make sure a hacker did not try to steal your identity or authorize transactions
- Remove potentially harmful ads, software, and popups that could infect your device
- Follow the steps in Phase 2 to secure any other Google accounts or products you use
How To Tell If Your Google Wallet Account Was Hacked
Learning how to spot a hacker's activity is crucial to stopping the hacker in their tracks and helping to prevent future hacking incidents. Carve out some time to go through your account in detail to see if you notice any of the following:
- Unauthorized financial transactions
- Changes to key security settings
- Strange activity notifications
- Suspicious activity within YouTube, Gmail, Google Photos, or any of the Google products you have used.
How To Recover Your Google Wallet Account With The Help Of DoNotPay
The DoNotPay specialists know trial and error methods are often not fast or effective ways to handle hacked accounts. So, they created a 3-step process that has a proven track record of success.
How to recover your account using DoNotPay:
If you want to recover your account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Open the Recover Hacked Account product on DoNotPay and tell us the name of the company or platform of your hacked account.
- Enter the information associated with your account, such as your username.
- Tell us whether you have paid for the account and would like a refund.
- And that’s it! We will send a demand letter on your behalf with a two-week deadline for the company’s representatives to help you recover your account.
Why Use DoNotPay To Recover A Hacked Google Wallet Account?
Using the DoNotPay app enables you to restore a faster and with greater accuracy than trial and error methods. The three steps are easy to complete and you can be on your way to using your account again in a couple of minutes! Here are the three key benefits that make DoNotPay a great solution for anyone with a hacked Google wallet account.
- Fast Results: It only takes a couple of minutes to breeze through DoNotPay's three simple steps.
- User-Friendly: The DoNotPay app is convenient, easy to use, and works well on your smartphone or tablet.
- Successful: You can relax knowing your Google wallet account will soon be safely recovered.
DoNotPay's Simple Solution Can Help Restore Many Other Hacked Accounts
When you see how effectively DoNotPay can help you recover your Google wallet account, you might be curious about whether you can use the app to help you restore other accounts that are hacked. Fortunately, the DoNotPay app was designed to help you recover nearly every other type of major account! Here are some of the many account recovery tasks DoNotPay can help you accomplish:
What Are Some Other Ways DoNotPay Can Make Life Easier To Manage?
Helping you handle a Google wallet account hack is just one tiny example of DoNotPay's wide scope. Here is a small sampling of the many different types of tasks DoNotPay can help you complete with ease:
- Request compensation for robocalls
- Find unclaimed money you are owed
- Sue someone in small claims court
- Fight text spam
- Protect yourself from stalkers and harassment
- Receive compensation for a delayed airline flight
- Contest parking tickets
- Connect with a customer service rep quickly
By helping you reduce the amount of time you spend trying to resolve challenges like the ones listed above, DoNotPay increases your free time and allows you to devote more time to your favorite activities. We invite you to to discover how DoNotPay can make life's challenges easier to manage.