What Are the Refund Perks With Google Flights Price Guarantee
Google Flights is a little spoken about, but beloved feature when it comes to the social media giant's array of products. Most people are used to buying tickets on a website from an airline that doesn't have stable prices and will often have a total price that is different at checkout from the original amount. While travel agencies may be a thing of the past in terms of planning vacations, Google Flights is going to be its future. Now, with the help of DoNotPay, we will show you how to get and a way to pleasantly plan trips.
When shopping around, many people focus on the joy of shopping and sometimes overlook the potential for savings and strategic shopping, such as looking up which stores price match. When dealing with retailers, DoNotPay's Price Match Product has compiled a database of how to handle price matching and deals with Amazon, Best Buy, Costco, Home Depot, Kohl's, Lowe's, Nordstrom, Target, and Walmart. Not only can we help find , but we can also help with tons of deals and price matches.
Does Google Flights Have a Price Guarantee Policy?
Yes, Google Flights price guarantee is a legitimate policy. Google Flights works by mapping the algorithm of flight listings and mapping out the lowest prices for flights from all the airlines. Instead of going to a travel site that only compares two or three, an airline that only lists its own prices, or a travel agent, Google will automatically return a list of the cheapest flights.
In time, the Google Flights price guarantee evolved from its creators because while Google could guarantee the cheapest price at the time of booking, they noticed that price could later fall. Consequently, they adopted the policy of guaranteeing the lowest price and returning the difference in price to customers.
Here is general data about their policy:
|Time-frame:||After the customer has purchased tickets, Google has guaranteed that the rate will not drop anymore, the price still drops, and before the customer goes on the flight.|
|Price Matches:||It matches the price of the current airline.|
|Exclusions:||Flights that do not change in price.|
|Where to redeem:||Wait for an e-mail from Google. Or, contact Google Travel via the help module here.|
Google Flights Price Guarantee Policy Details
To qualify for the Google Flight price guarantee, follow these instructions when booking tickets on their website:
- Head over to Google Travel and begin planning.
- Click on the "Flights" Icon.
- It should bring you to this page.
- When you get to the point of booking tickets, Google is going to use its insights tool to predict the pricing.
- The price insight will display before the listing prices and offer a prediction.
- Google is going to lock in a rate where, based on the algorithm, the price will not further decrease.
- If the price drops after they guarantee the rate, expect an e-mail from them.
- As outlined in their official policy here, the company will issue you a refund and notify you via e-mail.
Some additional factors to consider:
- This refund is only going to be applied if the predicted/guaranteed rate drops.
- They will not be issuing refunds on all flights.
- The time frame it covers is going to be the dates you chose to book the flight.
- Google is going to notify the applicable consumers via e-mail.
- Be sure to have an accurate e-mail address on file.
- Reference this blog post on airfare drops for further information on price guarantees.
How to Redeem Google Flights Price Matching
Google says it monitors the price of flights during the respective customer's timeframe for a trip. If the price drops, then they issue a notification via e-mail about a refund.
How a refund is issued:
- Google sends out a notification about the change in price.
- It is sent before the flight departs.
- They will send it to the e-mail address used to book tickets.
- The refund goes to the card used to buy the tickets.
- Google refunds can take between 7-10 business days.
- If the card isn't active, it gets sent to the bank that issued the card.
- The customer then has to contact that bank.
- Otherwise, they will see the refund on their card.
How to Get a Google Price Guarantee on Your Own
It can be notoriously difficult to get refunds from Google through their help modules.
- Although they mean well, getting in touch with Google can get complicated.
- Most people who encounter refund issues prefer to speak to Customer Service, not necessarily a portal.
- With this service, problems can often arise if the credit card you used expires.
- Or, if you miss the e-mail notification about a refund.
- To get your price guarantee on your own, you have to wait for Google.
- Follow the instructions Google issues and go to their help section if questions arise.
Get the Google Flight Guarantee With the Help of DoNotPay
To avoid running into problems above with wanting to redeem a Google refund and not being able to figure out how to get in touch with a Customer Service Representative, let DoNotPay get involved.
Here's how to get a Google Flight guarantee honored in just four steps:
- Search for Price Match on DoNotPay and select the product.
- Select whether you were charged more than the advertised price or if you believe you are eligible for a price match.
- Provide the name of the product you purchased so we can see if it qualifies for a price adjustment. If you believe your desired item is qualified for a price match, we’ll double-check for you.
Remember that DoNotPay is also here to find the lowest price out there using Find the Best Deals, which returns the lowest three to you! Also, don't forget our Deals and Coupons service for getting access to the entire web's best coupon deals!