I Bought a Rock’n Play Sleeper—How Do I Get My Fisher-Price Recall Refund?
Following an investigation by Consumer Reports that linked the Fisher-Price Rock’n Play sleepers to at least thirty-two infant deaths, the company recalled all five million sleepers from the market.
If you own a Rock’n Play sleeper, you should know that both the Mattel-owned Fisher-Price and the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission declared that customers should stop using the product immediately.
How to Request a Fisher-Price Rock’n Play Recall Refund?
If you own a Rock ‘n Play Sleeper, you should stop using the item immediately. You can disassemble the product and return it to Matel to receive a full refund.
Here is how to do it:
- Go to the Mattel and Fisher-Price Customer Service page
- Click on the United States icon
- On the Recall page select the appropriate quantity and click Continue
- Fill in the form on the Order page. Once you fill in your contact details, click Continue Checkout
- Electronic Merchandise Return screen will appear, containing your billing and shipping info, product number, product description, and Parts to be Returned
- Click on the Parts to Be Returned column to see further details
- Once you review your info, click Submit Order
- With this step, you have completed your order for a prepaid mailing label. It should be delivered within ten business days
- In the meantime, you should disassemble the Rock ‘n Play Sleeper
- Once you get your prepaid mailing label use it to ship two small parts of the Sleeper—called hubs
- Make sure to include the original purchase receipt with your shipment return. If you don’t have the receipt, write the month and year of purchase on one of the hubs
You should keep the rest of your product, except the hubs, as well as a copy of the receipt if you have it. Also, keep a copy of the shipping receipt until you receive your recall resolution.
Will You Get Your Rock ‘n Play Recall Refund When You Return the Sleeper?
Fisher-Price will issue you either a refund or a gift card, depending on how long you had the Sleeper.
- If you or the previous owner originally bought the Fisher-Price Rock ‘n Play Sleeper on or since 10/12/2018, you are eligible to get a full refund. The refund will cover the price and the tax, but you need to include your original receipt. If you do not have your receipt, write the month and year of purchase on one of the hubs, and the company will decide on the refund amount
- If you or the previous owner originally bought the Fisher-Price Rock ‘n Play Sleeper before 10/12/2018, you will receive a voucher for another Fisher-Price product
Once you have shipped both hubs to Mattel, it can take from 12 to 16 weeks for your request to process.
There is no way to track the process, but you will be notified of your recall resolution either by email or via phone call.
If you encounter any problems or have any questions for the Fisher-Price support team, you can contact them at 866-812-6518
I Bought Another Product From Mattel. What Is Their Refund Policy?
If you purchased another Mattel product and wish to return it, you can do that within 30 days of receiving it.
Here are Mattel’s refund rules you should be aware of:
- You need to include the original proof of purchase
- You can only return items purchased directly from Mattel Shop
- You can’t return damaged or broken items
- You need to return the product in the complete original box and packaging
If your refund is approved, it will be issued to your original payment method. The refund covers the purchase price of the items and applicable sales taxes. Shipping and processing fees are non-refundable.
How to Get a Refund From Mattel?
To return the product to Mattel and get a refund you need to complete three main steps:
- Complete and print a Return Form
- Generate and print a prepaid shipping label
- Deliver your return package to Mattel
How to Complete and Print a Return Form?
Here are the steps you need to take to complete the return form:
- Go to the US Return Form page
- Print out the page
- Write down your contact info including name, address, email, and phone number
- Write down the number of your order
- In the table enter quantity, item code, item name and price for each item you wish to return
- You can also indicate if you want a refund or an exchange
- Input the corresponding code for return reason—reasons and their codes are listed below the table
Pack the form together with your item, and proof of purchase in a cardboard box.
Generate and Print a Prepaid Shipping Label
Here is how to do this:
- Go to Mattel Return page
- Scroll down until you reach Step Two section and Label Generator
- In the generator, write down your first name, last name, and ZIP Code. You also need to find your state in the dropdown menu
- Click Generate Label
- Print the label from the pop-up window
- Fold label and place in a pouch or cover it completely with clear tape so that the barcode portion can be read and scanned
Deliver Your Package to Mattel
Once you have your items packed together with the return form, and a prepaid label fixed to the box, you can take the package to your local post office or send it via FedEx.
Some things to take note of:
- Remove any other addresses and barcodes from the outside of the box
- Make sure you write down the tracking number
- Ask for a receipt as proof of mailing
- Make sure not to put your package in a dropbox or mailbox
Once you complete all of the steps, it can take up to four weeks for your request to be processed.
If your request gets approved, expect the refund to be in your account within two weeks.
There is no way to track the process, but you can expect an email from Mattel, notifying you about your return and refund process.
Use DoNotPay to Request Your Refund From Matell in Just a Few Steps!
DoNotPay is your virtual assistant app that can help with sending your refund request to Mattel.
Here is how to do it:
- Access DoNotPay from your web browser or download it to your iOS device
- Pick the Chargeback Instantly option
- Provide the chatbot with details about your bank
- Enter Mattel as the name of the merchant
- Follow further necessary steps to establish your case
DoNotPay will then generate a dispute letter and send it directly to your bank. It can send the letter to Mattel as well, asking for a refund.
You will also receive all relevant documentation should you decide to go further with your case.
Can You Request a Refund Via
Yes / No
How to Use DoNotPay to Cut Through the Red Tape?
DoNotPay is the first robot lawyer in the world and works as an app at the tip of your fingers, a virtual assistant that can get you out of any administrative maze! Our app can help you handle student loans, Internet bills, or unemployment insurance. You can use it to put an end to harassing phone calls, social media stalkers, or threatening emails as well.
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Managing different credit card issues
- Canceling subscriptions and memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Getting compensation from airlines
- Contesting parking tickets
- Handling bills that are challenging to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Skipping waiting in phone queue for customer service reps
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Fighting against robocalls
- Suing anyone in small claims court
- Getting a DMV appointment