How to Recover Your Hacked Final Fantasy XIV Account
Final Fantasy XIV is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) that was released in 2010 by Microsoft and developed and published by Square Enix. Final Fantasy XIV has been an incredibly popular game for over a decade and is just one of the dozens of games in the Final Fantasy franchise. This popular game has as many as 36 million subscribers and over 3 million daily players. Because of this high-volume traffic and the sheer number of subscribers, Final Fantasy XIV users sometimes fall victim to their accounts being hacked.
If your , there is no need to worry. The steps to recovering your account are fairly straightforward. However, these steps can be somewhat time-consuming and frustrating if you are feeling stressed about your account being hacked. Fortunately, DoNotPay has a product that can help you recover your hacked account so you can get back to playing this fun fantasy game.
What to Do if Your Final Fantasy XIV Account Gets Hacked
If you have reason to believe your, you can look into it by accessing your Square Enix account. Square Enix is the game developer behind Final Fantasy XIV and many other titles, and also where you go to update your account information. To check if your account has been hacked, follow these steps:
- From the Square Enix website, go to log in to your account at the top right corner of the page and select Can't access your account.
- Enter the email address used to create your account.
- Follow the instructions to change your password.
- In your settings, verify that no new email addresses have been added to your account.
- Log into your game to see if any of your characters or settings have been changed. If you notice changes have been made to your characters or world, you can submit a game data recovery request to Square Enix to have your original settings restored.
If changes have been made that you do not recognize or if your password has been changed, there are a few things you can do to further protect your account:
- Change your password to something that is not easy to guess and that you have never used before.
- Set up Two-Factor Authentication, which will ask for a one-time password every time you try to sign in to a new device.
- Consider a software authenticator, which is a free app developed for smartphones to help make Two-Factor Authentication more secure.
It can be very frustrating and worrisome when you discover a service or game you use regularly has been hacked and accessed by a stranger. However, you don't need to feel discouraged. If the idea of trying to recover your hacked account is too overwhelming, you can use DoNotPay's Recover Hacked Account product to easily and safely recover your account and restore any information or settings that have been changed. In addition to helping you get back into your hacked Final Fantasy XIV account, DoNotPay can also help you:
- Recover lost or recently changed passwords
- Get back into locked accounts
- Set up tighter security on your accounts
How DoNotPay Can Help You Recover Your Hacked Account
If your Final Fantasy XIV account has been hacked, recovering your account is simple. DoNotPay can help you easily and quickly get back into your account without the hassle of trying to figure it out yourself.
How to Recover Your Account Using DoNotPay:
If you want to recover your account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Open the Recover Hacked Gaming Account product on DoNotPay and enter the gaming company name.
- Fill in the details of your account, including when it was first created, when it was hacked, whether you still have access, the name of the game, associated usernames, and how much you have paid through this account (if you've paid at all).
- Choose whether you would like us to send the demand letter on your behalf, or just generate a digital copy, and provide your e-signature.
DoNotPay can get you access to almost any of your hacked accounts. You can use DoNotPay's Account Hacked product to help with:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
In addition to helping you recover hacked gaming accounts, DoNotPay has dozens of products and services that can help simplify your life. We can help with everything from issues with online accounts to helping you pay or dispute parking tickets. Our products can also help you:
- Appeal banned accounts
- Understand copyright protection
- Cancel any service or subscription
- File a complaint against any company
- Sue anyone in small claims court
Sign up for DoNotPay today and learn more about our many services and products and what they can do for you!