Exit Your Festiva Timeshare The Simple Way
Signing up for a Festiva timeshare can seem like a great idea at the time. You get the right to use a great piece of property, and the best part is you're not responsible for paying the full amount. Seems perfect, right?
Unfortunately, it's difficult to exit your Festiva timeshare and there are a few catches to the timeshare concept, like the fact that you don't get to use it whenever you want, and if you can't take off during that time, then you're essentially paying for a vacation you never got to take. Trying to sell your timeshare is also not an easy feat.
So how do you get out of your Festiva timeshare? DoNotPay has several methods to help you get out of this never-ending cycle.
How Much Time Do You Have to Get Out of a Festiva Timeshare?
The amount of time you have to get out of your Festiva timeshare is limited, so you need to act quickly. This can last anywhere from three to fifteen days.
Ramsey Solutions reports this is due to what is called a rescission period. Essentially, the recession period is a very short window when you can back out of your timeshare with no strings attached. The length of time you have depends on the state where you live.
How Much Does it Cost to Get Out of Your Festiva Timeshare?
If you missed the rescission period, you are expected to pay:
- $500-$2,000 if you deed directly back to Festiva
- $50-$125 if you advertise online to sell it
- $500-$3,000 to use a timeshare transfer company
- $4,000-$15,000 if you get a lawyer
- $2,000-$15,000 if you skip the lawyer
How to Exit Your Festiva Timeshare By Yourself/On Your Own
There are methods out there to get out of a Festiva timeshare on your own.
- Use the rescission period. If you're mailing in paperwork, make sure you expedite it. That way it doesn't arrive late.
- Call Festiva and tell them you want out. This is the most obvious route, and also the most tedious because it's against Festiva's interests to end the timeshare, and anyone you talk to will work hard to make sure you stick around a while longer.
- Look for inaccuracies in the initial contract, such as fees that weren't listed, which you've recently been informed you're required to pay. If this is the case, then most states will allow you to terminate the agreement on the basis that you were misled.
When Getting Out Of Your Festiva Timeshare Is Too Much to Deal With On Your Own, Take These Steps
The DIY method may be fun when you're working on a Pinterest project, but when you're dealing with Festiva, it can quickly become a major pain. When you decide that enough is enough, and you 're ready for help, here are some methods to call in others for backup.
- Consider selling your Festiva timeshare. It gets it off your back, and you don't have to deal with it ever again. The problem is that timeshares have gotten a bit of a bad reputation, and finding someone to purchase may not be that simple, or quick.
- Contact an exit company. They have the know-how to get you out of the Festiva timeshare. They're also expensive, so you need to determine if you can afford to go this route before contacting them.
If you try these methods and find they aren't for you, there is one other way. Let DoNotPay help.
DoNotPay Can Help End Your Festiva Timeshare Woes
Getting rid of your Festiva timeshare is no simple task, and it can be time-consuming, to say the least. Add in the fact that your wallet is probably screaming by now, it may be time to seek out help. That's where DoNotPay comes in.
If you want to cancel your Festiva timeshare agreement but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your cancellation letter in 3 easy steps:
- Search "Cancel Timeshare Agreement" on DoNotPay.
- Tell us about the timeshare company, the contract name and number, the purchase date, and other details of your agreement.
- DoNotPay will generate a cancellation request letter on your behalf, leveraging all of the negotiation tactics mentioned above.
Why Use DoNotPay To Solve Your Festiva Timeshare Problems Instead of a Timeshare Exit Company?
Yes, you can turn to a timeshare exit company to help get you out of your Festiva timeshare. The problem is that you'll be required to write a statement discussing how Festiva misled you, and that can be more than a little time-consuming when you start getting into the nitty-gritty details. DoNot Pay isn't like that. There are three reasons to consider using us first:
|Fast||We do the majority of the work, so you don't have to give up hours of your own time.|
|Easy||No long forms, no annoying questions, and no lengthy phone calls.|
|Successful||We work hard to make sure you get the results you want.|
DoNotPay Can Help With Other Timeshares
Festiva is not the only timeshare you may have signed up for. If there are other companies you have a timeshare with, such as Wyndham, Bluegreen, Westgate, Diamond Resorts, or the Holiday Inn Club, DoNotPay can help with those as well. In fact:
- From Florida to Wyoming, DoNotPay can help cancel timeshares in any state.
- DoNotPay can cancel your timeshare just as well as a timeshare exit company.
- No matter what company you signed up for a timeshare with, DoNotPay can help you exit it.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Getting you out of an unwanted timeshare contract with Festiva is not the only thing DoNotPay can do. The robot lawyer can also: