How To Get A Pet License In Eugene
In most cities and counties, you are required to license your pet. This allows local officials and pet control departments to identify that your pet has been vaccinated and spayed or neutered. Additionally, the information required on the licenses allows these same officials to aid in reuniting you with your pet if they should become lost. Eugene, OR requires residents to license their pets. Unfortunately, this process is often time-consuming. DoNotPay's Pet Licenses product allows you to obtain, renew, or replace your pet license with the click of a button.
What Are the Different Ways to License a Pet in Eugene, OR?
In Eugene, pet owners are allowed to license their pets in three different ways:
1. Online: While this process is the most convenient, allowing you to purchase and pay for your license from the privacy of your own home, be aware that you will be required to pay a $2 convenience fee and you must fax, mail, or email your required documents.
2. By Mail: You can mail copies of all required paperwork and payment to:
City of Eugene Animal Licensing
c/o PetData, PO Box 141929
Irving, TX 75014-1929
3. In-Person: You can license your pet in person at Greenhill Humane Society, the City of Eugene Spay and Neuter Clinic, or the Eugene Police front counter.
How Much Does a Eugene, OR Pet License Cost?
The cost of obtaining a pet license in Eugene depends on the type of animal and whether they are spayed or neutered. The price of Eugene pet licenses is as follows:
|Standard Dog License Fees||1 Year||2 Years||3 Years|
|Altered (Spayed/Neutered) Dog||$18||$30||$42|
|Senior Discount (65+) for Altered Dog||$12||$20||$30|
|Standard Cat License Fees||1 Year|
|Altered (Spayed/Neutered) Cat||$5|
How Long Does a Pet License Last in Eugene?
Pet owners have the option of purchasing a dog license for one year, two years, or three years. For cats, licenses are only available for a year at a time. Your license must be renewed within 45 days of its expiration or the owner will be subject to a $15 fine. Cat licenses are considered voluntary and the owner is not fined for failing to renew the license.
Renewing or Replacing Your Eugene Pet License
Licenses can be renewed or replaced either online, by mail, or in person. Additionally, pet owners can accept the Pet Data website online and update their personal information, including informing the city if the pet is no longer located in the city. It should be noted that Eugene also processes dog licenses for unincorporated areas of Lane County.
Where Should You Go to License Your Pet?
You can license your pet in person at any of these locations:
- Greenhill Humane Society
- City of Eugene Spay and Neuter Clinic
- Eugene Police Department front counter
Why Do the City of Eugene and Lane County Require You to License Your Pet?
Licensing your pet allows the city the assurance that they have been properly vaccinated against rabies, which is a deadly virus that can be passed to humans through the saliva of infected animals. If your dog bites someone, quickly being able to determine that the animal has been vaccinated can save the human victim from suffering through severe prophylactic treatments. Additionally, if your dog is lost and someone else turns them into the humane society, reunification is easier if your information is on file.
The city offers a reduced fee for licensing spayed or neutered animals to encourage animal control measures in the community.
Documents You Need in Order to License Your Pet in Eugene
In order to license your pet in Eugene, you must show the following documents:
- A current rabies vaccination certificate
- Proof of spay or neuter if that procedure has been performed and you are seeking a reduced pet license fee
- If the animal is a service animal, a completed service dog application
It should be noted that copies you send in for licensing will not be returned. Be sure to retain a copy for your records.
How to Save Time Licensing Your Pet in Eugene Through DoNotPay
The unfortunate thing about obtaining or renewing a pet license in Eugene is that if you want the convenience of licensing your pet online, you must pay a convenience fee. Additionally, you have to deal with the common issues when paying for anything through a business website, such as resetting a password every time you need to renew the license and submitting personal information online to a website you are not familiar with. Obtaining the license by mail or in-person takes time out of your busy day.
How to Save Time Registered Your Pet in Eugene using DoNotPay:
If you want to Save Time Registering Your Pet in Eugene using DoNotPay and don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered 6 easy steps:
- Go to the Pet Licenses product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the county or city you are looking to register your pet in.
- Tell us more about your pet, including the breed, gender, whether they are spayed/neutered, approximate age, and more.
- Upload evidence documents that prove that your pet has been spayed/neutered (if applicable) and a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate.
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
- Complete your application by paying the license processing fee, so we can file the application on your behalf.
Why Use DoNotPay to Obtain a Pet License?
DoNotPay's Pet Licenses product takes the time out of having to gather and mail the required documents, visit one of the three locations where licenses can be purchased, or wrangle the information and passwords required to access yet another website. Additionally, you can avoid late fees by scheduling your renewal in advance, eliminating the risk of forgetting to renew the license within 45 days of its expiration.
Other Things You Can Do With DoNotPay
DoNotPay can help you manage your recurring bills, pay traffic tickets, and much more. Take a look at some of our other offerings on these pages:
With DoNotPay, you can complete a number of tasks with just the click of a button. Sign up today!