Fill Up Your Pockets With Equifax Refund
Equifax Inc. is an American credit reporting company. Alongside TransUnion and Experian, it is one of the biggest credit reporting agencies in the world. The company provides services to both businesses and individuals.
In 2017, Equifax suffered a massive cyber breach that compromised data security of approximately 150 million people, which prompted many of them to cancel Equifax services and request refunds from the company.
Equifax Refund Policy
When it comes to Equifax subscription products, they can be:
- Annual subscription products
- Monthly subscription products
Annual Subscription Products
If you cancel an annual subscription product, you will be eligible for a refund based on the original purchase price and the number of fully unused months. For example, if you purchased a product on December 1 and canceled on October 15 next year, you would only receive a refund for November, but you would still have access to your product until November 1.
Monthly Subscription Products
If you cancel your monthly subscription, you should do so before the next billing date to avoid subscription charges for the next month. You won’t qualify for a refund, but the product will be available until the next billing date.
Note that Equifax does not offer part-month refunds for either annual or monthly subscriptions.
The 2017 Equifax Cyber Breach
In September 2017, Equifax disclosed a major data breach that took place in July 2017 and exposed the personal data of about 150 million people.
Equifax reached a global settlement with the Federal Trade Commission, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and the U.S. states and territories. The company agreed to pay $425 million in restitution to help people affected by the breach.
How Will I Get My Money Back?
For cash payments, a check or debit card will be mailed to the address you provided when you filed your claim.
For free credit monitoring, you will receive an activation code with instructions by email.
When Can I Get My Equifax Breach Settlement Benefits?
The Settlement Administrator will distribute benefits once the Settlement becomes effective after all appeals have been resolved.
How Do I Know Whether I Am Eligible for the Settlement Benefit?
To check your eligibility for Equifax reimbursement, click here.
What Is the Application Deadline?
The initial deadline to file a claim expired on January 22, 2020.
You can still file an Extended Claims Period claim for all your expenses between January 23, 2020, and January 22, 2024, as a result of identity theft or breach-related fraud, such as:
- Unauthorized charges to your accounts
- Expenses for hiring professionals to help you recover from identity theft
- Other costs, including postage, mileage, notary fees, phone charges, and document shipping fees
How Do I Get Equifax Refund Manually?
Depending on whether you want to request a refund for an Equifax product or Equifax data breach, you can do so by contacting the company’s Customer Care or via the Equifax Breach Settlement website, respectively.
Can You Request a Refund Via
Yes / No
Equifax Product Refund Request
If you want to apply for an Equifax product refund, here is what you need to know:
- You can do so only by contacting the company’s Customer Care and canceling your subscription
- Their operating hours are 8 a.m.–3 a.m. ET seven days a week
You can reach Customer Care at 1-866-807-7461
Extended Claims Period Refund Request
If you contemplate applying for an Extended Claims Period claim, follow this page to either apply electronically or download a form you can mail to the Settlement Administrator at:
Equifax Data Breach Settlement Administrator
c/o JND Legal Administration
P.O. Box 91318
Seattle, WA 98111-9418
You can check quick instructions on how to fill out the form.
How Do I Get Equifax Refund With DoNotPay?
If unsatisfied with Equifax’s or any other company’s services and products, don’t blow a fuse. The world’s first robot lawyer, DoNotPay, will ensure that you get your due—our app will help you cancel your subscription and apply for a refund.
We have automated the entire application flow and made it simple and easy.
- Log in and head for Chargeback Instantly
- Select the payment method you used for product purchase
- Type in the name of your financial institution and all the relevant details
- When prompted, type Equifax as the name of the service provider
- Answer the chatbot’s questions to the best of your abilities and confirm with a signature to finalize your claim
Once we’ve collected all the pertinent information from you, we will fax it to your financial institution instantly and request the money in your stead. Should it be possible, we will procure a letter with VISA and MasterCard codes and regulations to make your claim ironclad. If you so choose, we can also contact Equifax and ask for a refund, so you don’t have to deal with them on your own.
Can I Get a Prorated Cancelation Refund From Equifax?
In the event that Equifax cancels or terminates any of their products that you have already purchased, you will get a prorated refund.
You will also get a prorated refund if you cancel an annual subscription. To clarify, you will get a return for the remaining months of the subscription, but not for the remaining days of the month during which you canceled it.
DoNotPay and Small Claims Court
This year, the American Bar Association honored our diligent virtual lawyer, DoNotPay, with the Louis Brown Award for Legal Access.
In case Equifax mistreated you and denied your customer rights, you can file a lawsuit against the company with a little help from DoNotPay.
If you are curious whether it works, check out how this Equifax breach victim won his $8,000 reimbursement with our assistance.
Companies Offering Similar Services as Equifax
If not pleased with Equifax services, you can consider some of its most popular alternatives.
Depending on the plan, the price ranges between $9.99 and $239
Bureaucracy Stands No Chance Against DoNotPay
With an arsenal of skills, the DoNotPay robot lawyer is ready to take on any administrative adversary and help you claim your customer rights.
- Jumping the phone queue when calling customer service
- Requesting refunds from other companies
- Suing companies and individuals in small claims court
- Fixing a DMV appointment efficiently
- Canceling subscriptions and memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Getting compensation for robocalls
- Resolving issues with credit cards
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Contesting parking tickets
- Managing bills you are unable to pay
- Getting reimbursement for delayed or canceled flights
- Removing spam emails from your inbox
- Signing up for free trials risk-free