The Inside Scoop on Getting a Dubuque Pet License
An often overlooked responsibility is the licensing and proper identification of a pet. Licensing your dog or cat not only provides peace of mind that they can be easily reunited with you but also provides proof of the mandatory rabies vaccination. The city of Dubuque requires that dogs and cats over six months of age be licensed and vaccinated against rabies and wear identification and proof of vaccination tags.
While the application process for pet registration and a pet license can be completed online, the city requires you to either upload or mail the proof of rabies vaccination. If your pet is spayed or neutered, the fee is discounted by enclosing proof of the procedure.
Navigating the pet license application and renewal process can sometimes be confusing and tedious. Fortunately, DoNotPay can help you through this process with just a few clicks.
How Much Does It Cost to License a Pet in Dubuque?
There are various fees for licensing your dog or cat, depending on whether they are spayed/neutered or if your application is late.
|Unaltered Dog or Cat License||$34.00|
|Spayed/Neutered Dog or Cat License||$14.00|
|Late Fee (30 days past expiration)||$16.00|
|Replacement Tag Fee||$5.00|
How to License Online
The city of Dubuque uses PetData, a nationwide online system for pet licensing. Pet owners have 30 days from the time they acquire the pet, or when the pet turns six months old, to obtain a license. The licensing can be done online for a transaction fee of $2.00.
Licenses must also be renewed yearly. A courtesy renewal notice is mailed to the pet owner from Dubuque Animal Licensing.
You can obtain a pet license online by following these instructions:
- Navigate to the PetData website.
- Enter your zip code in the License Now box and click Go.
- Note the Instructions to License Online and click on Click here to begin.
- For new accounts, click on "Don't have a reference number?" to get started, or enter the reference number that was mailed to you along with your last name and zip code.
- If you already have an account, enter your login details to get started and follow the prompts to complete your application.
- Have your pet's proof of vaccination and spay/neuter record (if applicable) available for uploading to the site.
How to License by Mail
For newly licensed pets, a current rabies vaccination certificate and, if applicable, proof of spaying/neutering must be mailed with a completed animal license application to the following address.
Dubuque Animal Licensing
P.O. Box 141929
Irving, TX 75014-1929
You must also include a check or money order payable to Dubuque Animal Licensing.
You may also renew your pet's license by mail using the same application and attaching the current rabies vaccination certificate.
Reasons to License Your Pet in Dubuque
There are several reasons to license your pet in the City of Dubuque.
- It is a legal requirement to license your pet in Dubuque. Failure to do so may result in a civil citation, which will require a court appearance and possible fines.
- The pet stands a greater chance of a safe return home if it is lost.
- Without identification, animals are considered stray and have a higher chance of being stolen.
- Anyone who comes in contact with your pet will have peace of mind, knowing the animal's rabies vaccination is current.
- Many kennels and groomers require pets to be tagged for identification and vaccination proof.
How DoNotPay Can Help
Licensing your pet through the procedures given above is a time-consuming experience. However, DoNotPay 's innovative process can make this process more efficient and have your pet license submitted in just a few steps.
- Go to the Pet Licenses product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the county or city you are looking to register your pet in.
- Tell us more about your pet, including the breed, gender, whether they are spayed/neutered, approximate age, and more.
- Upload evidence documents that prove that your pet has been spayed/neutered (if applicable) and a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate.
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
- Complete your application by paying the license processing fee, so we can file the application on your behalf.
License Your Pet in Other Locations With DoNotPay
DoNotPay can be used to license pets in many other cities and counties.
- King County Pet License
- L.A. County Pet License
- Omaha Pet License
- Pierce County Pet License
- Orange County Pet License
- Washington State Pet License
- Maricopa County Pet License
- Minneapolis Pet License
- City of Houston Pet License
- California Pet License
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you cut through bureaucratic red tape, protect your money, and resolve customer service issues. Here are other solutions DoNotPay provides to make your life easier:
- Get College Fee Waived
- Use Airline Compensation Hacks
- Handle Breach of Contract Situations
- Cancel Any Service or Subscription
- Reduce Property Taxes
- Appeal Banned Accounts
- Submit Warranty Claims
- Find Clinical Trials
These are just a few of the multitude of guides and solutions DoNotPay provides to help you through many types of situations. With over 250,000 cases successfully resolved, DoNotPay 's multi-purpose platform clearly levels the playing field for everyone.