Does Verizon Price Match?
Verizon is a communications company that provides wireless, internet, TV, and phone services. It is the largest wireless carrier in the United States and has a top-of-the-line network which makes the cost a bit higher than its competitors. This is often why consumers ask “ and also question Verizon's price match policy. A lot of retailers offer price-matching guarantees, meaning, if you find the same product at a lower price with another provider, they will lower the cost. Some policies operate differently than others. For instance, Target will price match anything you find on target.com, the Target app, or other Target stores--however, not their competitors. While retailers, such as Amazon, don’t offer any sort of price match.
Does Verizon Have a Price Protection/Guarantee Policy?
Verizon doesn’t price match.
Does Verizon have a price protection policy? Yes.
|Price Protection Policy?||Yes|
|Time-frame:||Within 30 days of purchase|
|Price Matches:||Must be a purchase made at Verizon|
|Where to redeem:||In-store or call 1-800-837-4966|
Verizon’s Price Protection Policy Details
Verizon doesn't "price match" items found cheaper at different retailers. They do have a "price protection policy" that states if they sell the same device you purchased cheaper than what you bought it for, and within a 30-day window, you can contact them to receive a credit. But it must be a device purchased through Verizon. No restocking fee was applied.
How to Request a Verizon Price Adjustment
There isn't a straightforward link on their website covering their price adjustment policy, so you will have to go to their support page and use the bottom right chat feature to get more information. This feature states:
- If you purchased the item at a retail store, you can go to the nearest store and ask for a credit. Be sure to bring receipts.
- If you purchased it online, you can call their customer service number or use the chat feature mentioned above. You will have to log into your account to use the chat feature.
- The agent will have you verify your account. These credentials expire quite quickly, so you will have to pay attention.
- Provide the agent with receipts and/or order numbers.
Important Things to Note about Taking Advantage of Verizon’s Price Adjustment Policy:
If you want to receive a possible credit, you will have to check the price daily within the 30-day window. Also, this policy only applies to phones and accessories-- no other devices.
Other Ways to Save at Verizon
Verizon is the top wireless carrier, which means prices can be way higher for competitors depending on your plans. There are other ways to save on Verizon services and products.
- Check out their prepaid phone plans. You can bring in a phone you already have and choose the plan that fits your needs. No activation fee or commitment to a contract.
- Ask your employer if you have any company discounts. Many corporations offer a percentage off your bill each month. Same with teachers and military/vets.
- Analyze your data and how much you use. If you aren't using the amount of GBs you are paying for, it's time to lower your plan. If you notice you are consistently going over, it may save you money in the long run to purchase more GBs.
- Don't change your plan in a Verizon corporate store or over the phone. Most of the time, these employees work off commission and for Verizon. Instead, go to an authorized retailer.
What Does It Mean to Offer a Price Adjustment vs. Price Matching?
When a company offers a price adjustment, it typically means that if the same product you purchase goes on sale within a certain time frame, you can receive a credit for the sum of the discount. Price matching is when a company drops the price of a product if you find it selling for a lower cost with another retailer.
These popular retailers offer Price Adjustments or Price Matches.
- Nordstrom offers both price adjustments and price matching on items sold for less with selected competitors.
- Gap, Old Navy, and Banana Republic also offer price adjustments on online and in-store items along with a slew of other retail stores.
- Kohl’s allows you to price match with competitors as well as their website and other stores. Per their site, you must bring the ad showing an identical product you wish to purchase from Kohl's with the current price and description matching the competitor.
- Larger brands like Walmart and Costco also have price adjustment policies--just be sure to read the fine print. For instance, Costco may have a different policy for members vs. non-members.
DoNotPay can also help you save at other stores such as:
Find the Best Deals and Coupons with DoNotPay!
Who has time to read through paragraphs upon paragraphs in a company's Terms of Service? Not to mention that the text is always too small and the language can be confusing. Most of the time, a company's website will have deals and promotions that their brick and mortar store fails to mention. Save your time and money by leaning on DoNotPay for help in challenging these companies to give you the deals you are entitled to. Here’s what you need to do.
- Search for Price Match on DoNotPay and select the product.
- Select whether you were charged more than the advertised price or if you believe you are eligible for a price match.
- Provide the name of the product you purchased so we can see if it qualifies for a price adjustment. If you believe your desired item is qualified for a price match, we’ll double-check for you.
What Else Can DoNotpay Do?
The question should read: what can't DoNotPay do? Our main goal is to save you time, money, and everyday hassle consumers often face when dealing with large businesses. We will help you lower bills, navigate the complex world of free trials, and learn customer service hacks that you never even knew you needed.