Does Best Buy Price Match Amazon?
Best Buy is the #1 consumer electronics and appliances retailer in America, known for its reasonably low prices on products and favorable price match policies. On the other hand, Amazon is an e-commerce colossus that attracts a global audience to its products and services.
Best Buy's price match policy allows customers to purchase items at a low price or get a refund of the price difference if a similar product is selling on Amazon at that lower price. This means that if you find an item on Amazon selling at a lower price than on Best Buy, you can apply for a price match, and Best Buy will match the price for you or give you a partial refund.
Finding similar items on both retailers and then comparing their prices may not be as fruitful as you may expect. Additionally, the hassle of identifying the price differences and applying for a price match may be more frustrating. However, through , you can easily compare an item's price on both retailers and request for price match or a refund if you have already bought the product.
Does Best Buy Price Match Amazon?
Yes. Best Buy price matches items shipped from or sold on Amazon as long as these items meet the qualification criteria set on Best Buy's price match policy. Price matching happens at the time of sale, but you can request a partial refund of the price difference within 15 days after purchase.
When shopping on Amazon and you find a product that Best Buy can match, contact Best Buy right away on the Best Buy Chat or call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and request a match. The Best Buy employee who receives your request will process it for you.
This table shows a summary of the Best Buy price match policy.
Within 15 days of purchase
Items sold on Black Friday and Thanksgiving, contract mobile phones, flash sales sold on an hourly or daily basis, service prices offered by a competitor, refurbished items, and open-box items
Where to redeem:
In-store or call 1-800-BEST-BUY, or on an online chat at www.bestbuy.com to request a price match
Best Buy's Price Match Guarantee Policy
The Best Buy price match policy is quite comprehensive, showing the special considerations for price matching and items not covered in the price match guarantee. These special considerations include:
- All local retail competitors (within a 25-mile radius) and major online retailers like Amazon qualify for price matching.
- Best Buy price matches all products in its online, app, and physical stores.
- If Best Buy lowers prices on any platform, you get a partial refund of the price difference upon request.
- The price match guarantee works per item, per customer, while considering the current pre-tax.
The price match guarantee covers all the products, except the following:
- Contract cell phones
- Black Friday or Thanksgiving listings
- Bundle offer items
- Coupon or discounted items
- Items advertised as limited stock
- Refurbished items
- Open-box items
- Credit card offers
- Items sold to Members of a membership program or a loyalty program
So, if you are shopping on Amazon and you find a product that you'd like to price match, check whether there are any offers or discounts attached to it as these would make it ineligible. Also, If Best Buy drops the price of an item before its scheduled delivery date, you'll get a refund of the amount difference. You'll need to request a refund through online chat or a call.
How to Price Match Amazon on Best Buy by Yourself
Best Buy will price-match any item you find on Amazon selling at a lower price. Here's how to request a price match on Best Buy.
- Find a qualifying product on Amazon and ensure that it has the same features like brand, color, size, and model number.
- Contact Best Buy's customer support and send in your request.
- Accompany your request with proof. The easiest way to do that is to send in a link to the item on Amazon.
- The Best Buy employee will do all the legwork and price match the product for you.
How to Price Match Amazon on Best Buy with the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay only requires you to provide a few details of the product and the purchase to DoNotPay and let DoNotPay handle the rest.
If you want to find the best prices but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Search for and select the product.
- Select whether you were charged more than the advertised price or if you believe you are eligible for a price match.
- Provide the name of the product you purchased to see if it qualifies for a price adjustment. If you believe your desired item is qualified for a price match, we'll double-check for you.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send a letter to the company notifying the staff of the legal or Terms of Service violation and demanding a refund for the amount you were overcharged. You should hear back from the company within two weeks!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay has the Find the Best Deals and Deals and Coupons product to help you get better deals anytime you shop. You can also get the best price-matching deals on different retailers such as:
- Best Buy
- Home Depot
- Other stores that price match
Check out DoNotPay's Price Match product for more information!