How to Cancel a Discover Pending Payment the Easy Way
At times, you might find yourself in a position where you committed and made payment for a product or services only to, later on, find out you no longer need it or feel there was a fraud, an overcharge, or a mistake.
If you made the payment by credit card, you might want to cancel any pending payments. However, this process is not always straightforward. For instance, if you want to cancel a pending payment on Discover, you must inform them of the charges you need to cancel. The process may take an extended period, and it may be awfully long before the cancellation reflects on your end.
Fortunately, DoNotPay can help you quickly cancel a Discover pending payment within a relatively shorter time frame.
When to Cancel Your Discover Pending Payment
You should cancel your pending payments if:
- You did not authorize the transaction, or it was fraudulent.
- You cannot conduct other transactions.
- The merchant charges you more for the service.
- The merchant does not respond to your request for a chargeback.
How to Cancel a Pending Charge on Discover
Discover provides clients with SMS and email notifications while charges are pending like other credit cards. The most straightforward approach to cancel the pending charges is to call the company immediately if you get an unexpected notice. You can also text, send an email or use the company's live chat support to cancel the pending order.
How to Cancel a Pending Charge via Phone
If you need to cancel a Discover card pending payment, the first thing that you should immediately do is to call the company's customer service with your credit card and the charges in hand. Credit card fraudsters are more inventive than ever in the modern era, and credit card companies' customer support systems know how to deal with these issues daily.
You should follow these steps in canceling the pending charge:
- Call Discover's customer support and report your issue.
- The agent will ask you for your credit card details and the pending charges.
- The agent will contact the merchant that charged the pending payments.
- The customer support agent will review the information you presented and the merchant's charges.
- The customer support will communicate to you about the latest status of the investigation.
You won't be charged for the disputed transaction during the investigation, and you can use it for other transactions. The process can take from 30-60 days, depending on the nature of the transaction. The table shows the contact details you need to cancel Discover pending payments.
|Discover Customer Support Number||1-800-347-2683|
|Discover Support Email Addressemail@example.com|
|Discover Fax Number||1-224-813-5109|
|Discover Cancellation (FAQ)||Discover Help Center|
How to Cancel Pending Payments Using the Discover App
Discover mobile app allows you to:
- Manage your payments
- Manage your accounts
- Manage your credit cards
- Manage your messages and mobile alerts
When managing your payments, the payment section of the menu displays the current amount and the balance from the previous statement. It lets you make a payment, examine recent payment activity such as pending payments, monitor automatic payments, adjust the payment due date, and see the bank accounts you've linked to receive payments.
To cancel a pending payment using your smartphone or tablet to monitor credit card payments or account activity may save you time, money, and trouble. You can cancel pending charges using the Discover mobile app by doing the following:
- Login to the App using your details.
- Click on the credit card option and see various options such as activity and payments.
- Click on the payment section.
- On the drop-down list, you will see various options such as make a payment, payment history, and pending payments.
- Click the pending payments option, and see the pending payment details.
- Click the cancel button on the right side of the pending payment.
- You will receive a message when the payment is canceled.
Potential Problems When Canceling Discover Pending Payments
You presumably make various online purchases, and at some point, you'll probably want to cancel some of them. You may also have an urgent issue when the merchant charges excess fees due, or you encounter fraudulent activity. Whichever the case, unlike charge payments, pending payments have not been made on your account. Thus, credit card providers often delay resolving issues regarding pending payments. For example, Discover can take 30 to 60 days, depending on the nature of the transaction. Such a long resolution time to cancel the pending payment can frustrate you and inconvenience you. The process can discourage you when you urgently need to resolve the issue. However, it would be best not to despair because DoNotPay can simplify the process.
Use DoNotPay to Cancel Your Discover Pending Payments
DoNotPay provides you with an easy method to cancel your pending payments using this process.
- Search for the Cancel Anything product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the name of the company you need to cancel your order/payment with.
- Answer a few questions about whatever you need to cancel so that we can compose a cancellation letter.
DoNotPay Cancels All Types of Orders and Payments
We can also help you cancel:
- Etsy orders
- DoorDash orders
- eBay orders
- Walmart orders
- Cash App payments
- PayPal payments
- Zelle payments
- Venmo payments
- United flights
- Southwest flights
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can also help you with other issues, including:
- Burner phones
- Small claims court
- Credit cards
- Chargebacks and refunds
- Airline flight compensation
- Negotiating hotel bills
- Free trials
- Help with bills
- Customer service
Sign up with DoNotPay for services that ensure a life of convenience.