How to Delete Your Goodreads Account Profile
If you shop online, use any social media, use online forums, run a website, or create other accounts, you know that you have to put in different personal information. Depending on the account, you may give your real name, address, email address, phone number, debit or credit card information, or even your social security number.
What happens when you stop using that account? Your information sits there, unmonitored. Old accounts are easy targets for hackers and data leaks, meaning your personal information could more easily be compromised. Protect your private information, and learn how to with the help of DoNotPay.
What Is Goodreads?
Goodreads is a website for readers. Whether you are a casual reader or a self-proclaimed bibliophile, you can digitally organize your books or find your next favorite. You can create lists to track books you have read, are reading, or want to read. You can also get personalized book recommendations, see what your friends are reading, and read community reviews.
If you no longer use Goodreads or have found a book-tracking website or app you prefer better, you may be wondering how to .
What You Should Know About Deleting Your Goodreads Account
Deleting your Goodreads account will:
- Delete your account data
- Delete the lists of books you have shelved
- Remove books you've rated and reviewed
- Remove your Friends list from the Goodreads site
- Authors can delete their accounts in the same way as other users.
- Deleting your account does not remove your author profile
- Deleting your account does not remove records/reviews of books you have authored
How to Delete Your Goodreads Account on Your Own
There are three ways to manually delete your Goodreads account, depending on the type of device you are using, or you can let DoNotPay do the work for you.
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
Delete Your Account From the Desktop
- Go to the Goodreads website.
- Log in with your credentials.
- Click on your profile picture.
- From the drop-down menu, select Account Settings.
- From the Profile tab, click Delete My Account.
Alternatively, you can:
- Go to the Goodreads website.
- Login with the correct credentials.
- Navigate to the Settings Tab.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Click Delete My Account.
You must confirm that you would like to remove your account profile.
Delete Your Account Using the Android App
- While on the home screen, go to the bottom right and tap the More icon.
- Choose the following path:
- At the bottom of the screen, select Delete My Account.
Delete Your Account Using the iOS App
- Tap on the More menu icon.
- Select Settings.
- Click Account Settings.
- Click Account.
- Select Delete My Account at the bottom of the screen.
Delete Your Goodreads Account Quickly With the Help of DoNotPay
Online accounts and apps can be great resources, but they can also be a hassle. DoNotPay can help you delete your Goodreads account quickly and help you protect your private information. However, DoNotPay can also help you with password recovery, managing your subscriptions, or reversing account bans. We recognize how valuable your time is, so let us help you manage all of your online accounts effectively.
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
DoNotPay Can Delete Any Account for You
DoNotPay can do more than just delete your Goodreads account. We can help you delete all of your old accounts, including:
We make the whole process fast, easy and successful. You can focus on good books and living your life instead of fussing over outdated accounts.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Helping you delete your old accounts is just one of the many services that DoNotPay can assist you with. We can also appeal banned accounts if you've been blocked, sign up for free trials without being charged, or file complaints.
If you have a problem, issue, or concern, let DoNotPay help today!