What To Do If Your Crunchyroll Account Has Been Hacked
Your boss lets you go on vacation. Your kids are out of school. You just want to watch the fourth season of My Hero Academia while enjoying a salty snack, but find your . To recover your hacked account, you can submit a help request through Crunchyroll and hope for the best, or let DoNotPay recover your account for you.
How to Tell If Your Crunchyroll Account Was Hacked
Sometimes, you don't find a because you can't log in. Instead, you identify your account was hacked due to strange account activity. For instance, when you log into your account, Space Patrol Luluco or Nisekoi - False Love starts playing because it was the last thing "you" were watching, but you have never watched a romantic anime in your life.
If you suspect your Crunchyroll account was hacked due to viewing recommendations that don't make sense, you can check your viewing history. If it looks like you've watched shows you've never seen before, there is a good chance that your Crunchyroll account has been hacked.
You can also check your login history to determine whether you have been hacked or not. If you notice a record of logging in that you know wasn't you, change your password immediately.
What To Do If Your Crunchyroll Password Has Been Changed
Unfortunately, there's not a lot you can do to protect yourself in the future if your Crunchyroll password has been changed. Crunchyroll doesn't offer 2FA, but there are a couple of steps you can take to protect yourself:
- When you recover your hacked account, use a random password that is unique to Crunchyroll
- Set up payments through PayPal
Why You Should Use PayPal If You Discover Your Crunchyroll Account Hacked
If you discover that your Crunchyroll account is hacked, you should switch your payment method to PayPal because:
- PayPal offers excellent protection regarding fraudulent charges.
- You probably have all of your other bills drafted from the account used to pay your Crunchyroll bill. You don't want someone to access your bank or credit card information because they hacked your Crunchyroll account.
What Else You Can Do If Your Crunchyroll Password Is Changed
When you can't access your Crunchyroll account because your account was hacked, and you're not logged in on another device, you will need to reset your password to access your account again. Unfortunately, this is a complicated, time-consuming task if you do it on your own.
If you don't have the time or patience for such a tedious task, you can use DNP to reset your password in six simple steps:
- Go to the Recover Passwords product on DoNotPay and select the type of account you are trying to recover, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails and phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account when you last logged in, and any payment methods saved under the account.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords to help verify your identity.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Recover Your Hacked Crunchyroll Account with the Help of DoNotPay
Filling out Crunchyroll's help request form is like throwing a message in a bottle into the ocean. It may be seen, but there is no telling when it will be seen. There is also no telling how quickly it will be responded to or whether the outcome will be favorable. DoNotPay changes that.
How to recover your gaming account using DoNotPay:
If you want to recover your gaming account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Open the Recover Hacked Account product on DoNotPay and tell us the name of the company or platform of your hacked account.
- Enter the information associated with your account, such as your username.
- Tell us whether you have paid for the account and would like a refund.
- And that’s it! We will send a demand letter on your behalf with a two-week deadline for the company’s representatives to help you recover your account.
Keep in mind, DoNotPay is the perfect solution if any of your accounts are hacked, including:
Why Use DoNotPay to Restore Your Crunchyroll Account
You should use DoNotPay after you've had your Crunchyroll account stolen because it is fast, easy, and successful. Here's a more in-depth look:
- Fast: It can take hours or days to recover a hacked Crunchyroll account on your own. You have to wait for someone from Support to see your message and respond to it. Then, you have to jump through the hoops they send you. With DoNotPay, it doesn't take long at all.
- Easy: You only have to follow three simple steps to restore your hacked Crunchyroll account with DoNotPay, and you will be walked through each one of them.
- Successful: If you turn to DNP for your hacked account recovery needs, you can feel confident that your account will be recovered quickly and easily
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay will take care of your need to recover your hacked accounts as well as other concerns such as:
- Appeal a banned account
- How to protect your copyrights
- Filing a complaint
- Navigating the small claims court