How to Find Paid Clinical Trials in Pittsburgh in 2022
Clinical trials propel the progress of medicine and humanity. Each successful clinical trial phase subjects participate in brings research organizations, like the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, closer to breakthroughs.
UPMC is a world-renowned health enterprise with over 40 facilities conducting research in numerous medical fields.
If you’re interested in taking part in the UPMC clinical trials, DoNotPay can help you find the ones that suit you.
What Are Clinical Trials?
Clinical trials are defined as research studies involving willing participants to evaluate the safety and efficacy of new approaches and methods for disease:
Their purpose is to compare the novel methods against the standard approved ones or a placebo (in case of treatment trials).
What UPMC Clinical Studies Are There?
The UPMC research facilities and centers conduct various types of clinical studies in diverse areas, such as:
- Dermatology: psoriasis or eczema
- Endocrinology: obesity, weight loss surgery, and diabetes
- Oncology: Cancer—melanoma, breast cancer, liver cancer, lung cancer, or brain cancer
- Neurology: ALS
UPMC Clinical Trials Within a Click or Two With DoNotPay
Browsing through numerous clinical trial databases—some shady ones—can be both challenging and energy-exerting. DoNotPay offers you an easy way out of that mess and an even easier one into the world of medical surveys and trials!
Our AI-powered app speeds up your search process by enabling customization filters, such as:
DoNotPay offers you advanced filters for personal preference as well. So, if you are open to placebo administration or observational studies alone, you can adjust our search tool to generate only studies meeting those criteria.
To get a sneak peek into how the DoNotPay clinical trial platform works, follow these steps:
- Sign up with DoNotPay in your web browser
- Select Clinical Trials and customize your search
- Pick the study you like best and hit Contact
Now, you can chillax as we will start the application process by contacting the research center and providing your eligibility details. Their personnel will contact you soon after to confirm that you qualify and inform you about the next steps.
Extra Perks of the DoNotPay Search Tool
You know that we can locate the highest-paid clinical trials near you, but did you know that the compensation you get is entirely yours? Yes, it’s true—we won’t take any cuts from you!
The DoNotPay search platform also allows you to:
- Change your settings and diversify your search
- Locate clinical trials for healthy volunteers
- Enable the text message alerts for the latest additions to our database
- Bookmark trials you are considering
- Monitor the status of the studies you have applied for
How Do UPMC Clinical Trials Work?
Once you have applied for a clinical trial, the research team will carry out a series of tests to determine your eligibility. These are necessary as the trial sponsors have criteria that all participants have to meet.
After your eligibility is confirmed, you will have an opportunity to inquire about the trial and sign the informed consent form.
Participation in a clinical trial involves you:
- Following a structured program
- Having tests, treatments, and doctor appointments
- Recording your experience in a diary
What Are the Risks and Benefits of UPMC Clinical Trials?
The decision to participate in a clinical trial is not something to take lightly. Before enrolling, make sure to get all the information you can about the trial you are interested in to make an informed decision.
The table below features some of the benefits and risks to consider before enrolling in a clinical trial.
|Access to a novel treatment before it is available to the public||The treatment may not work for you|
|Opportunity to advance the medical field for future generations||Unpleasant, serious, or severe side effects|
|Access to medical care and frequent check-ups||The effectiveness of the novel approach may not be as good as the standard, approved one|
|Opportunity to play an active role in your health||The new approach could be uncontrollable|
|Possible compensation for participating||Placebo inclusion instead of the investigated drug|
How Is Your Safety Protected?
Clinical trials in the U.S. need to follow a strict study plan (protocol) previously approved by an institutional review board (IRB). This authority ensures that the trial is in line with the Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
The U.S. government has strict ethical and legal regulations guiding the conduct of clinical trials and protecting the subjects’ safety to avoid some mistakes in the history of clinical trials—like the Tuskegee Syphilis Study—from happening ever again.
Besides the IRB supervision, other safeguards are minimizing the risks. Those are:
- Informed consent
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Data and Safety Monitoring Committee (DSMC)
Researchers and other parties included in the trial are legally and ethically bound to keep individual subject data secret even after the trial is over.
What Questions To Ask Before Enrolling in a UPMC Clinical Study?
If you consider taking part in a UPMC clinical trial, discuss the details with the research staff. Here are some questions assorted by area of interest that you can use to acquire proper information.
Key Info To Always Keep in Mind
The following are the three things to always remember:
- Taking part in a clinical trial is voluntary, and you can withdraw anytime you feel uncomfortable
- Informed consent is an ongoing process, and you have the right to know what goes on at any stage of the trial
- Make sure to follow the doctor’s instructions and always ask if you are not sure what to do
Where Else To Find Pittsburgh Clinical Studies?
In case you want to explore alternatives to DoNotPay, here are some trusted clinical trial databases.
|Clinical Trial Database||Brief Overview|
DoNotPay—A Spectrum of Solutions
A plethora of solutions to other issues you may have is within your grasp with DoNotPay.
Create a DoNotPay account in your web browser, and you can:
- Protect your work against copyright infringement
- Obtain refunds from other companies
- Skip the phone queue when calling customer service reps
- Terminate subscriptions or memberships
- Contest traffic tickets
- Manage bills you are unable to pay
- Shield yourself from stalking and harassment
- Take down robocalls
- Sign up for free trials risk-free
- Get rid of spam mail forever
- End text spam
- Appeal speeding tickets
- Resolve credit card issues
- Sue people and companies in small claims court
- Fix a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Get refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Fight parking tickets
- Apply for clinical trials
- Reach out to your incarcerated loved ones